For the recruitment drive for Sub Inspector (SI) for Bihar Police that commenced in 2020, the Examination is scheduled to be held on 05-12-2021. Furthermore, the 2021 Recruitment Notification for Sub-inspector in Bihar Police is expected to be announced any time now, even though no official announcement in this regard has as yet been made. The recruitment drive that is officially being undertaken right now is for a total of 2213 vacancies for Sub-Inspector Bihar Police and Sergeant Bihar Police. Since the Examination for SI Bihar Police is to be held soon, it is a good idea to be aware of the Bihar Police SI Exam Pattern for the various stages of the Examination process.
Table of Contents
Bihar Police SI Selection Process
The Recruitment process of the Bihar Police SI involves 5 steps. Candidates require to clear each stage to qualify for the next. The process of selection has the following stages:
- Stage 1- Prelims Examination
- Stage 2- Mains Examination
- Stage 3- Physical Efficiency Test
- Stage 4- Medical Test
- Stage 5- Document Verification
Bihar Police SI Exam Pattern: Preliminary Examination
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||100||200|
- Total No. of Questions – 100
- Each question carries 2 Marks
- Examination paper duration is 2 Hours (120 minutes)
- Negative marking will be applicable.
Bihar Police SI Exam Pattern: Mains Exam
|Paper||Subject||No. Of Question||Max. Marks|
|I||General Hindi||100 Questions||200 Marks|
|II||General Science, General Studies, Civics, Geography of India, Indian History, Mental Ability Test, and Mathematics.||100 Questions||200 Marks|
- Both the papers have objective-type, multiple-choice questions
- Each question carries 2 marks
- Negative Marking is applicable
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Bihar Police SI Exam Pattern: Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|1 Mile Run||Within 6 Minute||Not Applicable|
|1 Kilometre||Not Applicable||Within 6 Minute|
|High Jump||Minimum 4 Feet||Minimum 3 Feet|
|Long Jump||Minimum 12 Feet||Minimum 9 Feet|
|Shot Put Throw||Minimum 16 Feet||Minimum 10 Feet|
Height & Chest
|Male (General, Backward and Extremely Backward categories)||165 Cm||81 cm – 86 cm||N/A|
|Male (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes)||160 Cm||79 cm – 84 cm||N/A|
|Female||160 Cm||N/A||48 Kg|
- For Male Candidates – 1 Mile in 6 Minutes
- For Female Candidates – 1 Km in 6 Minutes
|Long Jump||High Jump||Gola Fek|
|Min 12 Feet||Min. 9 feet||Min. 4 Feet||Min. 3 Feet||16 pounds on 16 feet||10 pounds on 9 feet|
With information about the examination pattern for the various stages of the selection process, it should become easier to prepare while keeping the examination pattern information in mind. Also, it will be a good idea to take the various mock tests and work with the question papers from the previous years so that you become very familiar with the pattern and are comfortable with it. This will enable you to quicken your speed and navigate the Examination easily. If you are well prepared and confident, there is a good chance of qualifying. The same goes for fitness-related tests. You are now aware of the pattern that is followed, so align your training routine to fit in with the requirements of the test. Make a clearly and carefully thought out timetable and then follow it. Keep your health up and keep your body rested well. A combination of all these elements should see you through the selection process and to the post of SI in Bihar Police.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There will be a total of 200 questions in the Mains Examination for Bihar Police SI.
All the questions that will be asked in the Preliminary Examination, as well as the Mains Examination, will be objective type, multiple-choice questions.
The minimum requirement for the long jump of male candidates in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for Bihar Police SI is 12 feet.
The minimum requirement for Gola Fek for the male candidates for Bihar police SI is 16 pounds thrown for a minimum distance of 16 feet, and for the female candidates, it is 10 pounds thrown a minimum distance of 9 feet.
The level of science a candidate for Bihar Police SI is expected to know for the Written Examinations is of the 12 standard levels.
- Bihar Police SI Application Form- Steps, Application Form Fees, Important things to remember
- Bihar Police SI Answer Key- Important Points, Objection
- Bihar Police SI Eligibility- Criteria, Experience, Registration
- Bihar Police SI Result- Process to download/check, Details, Merit List
- Bihar Police SI Exam Date- Overview, other Important Dates