The recruitment drive that is officially being undertaken right now is for a total of 2213 vacancies for Sub-Inspector Bihar Police and Sergeant Bihar Police. Since the Examination for SI Bihar Police is to be held soon, it is a good idea to be aware of the Bihar Police SI Salary as well as the Bihar Police SI Job Profile, responsibility, and duties are associated with the post of a Bihar Police SI.
Table of Contents
Bihar Police SI Salary Structure 2021
The Bihar Police SI is provided with the level 6 matrix salary. They receive Rs 49,772/- to 54,212/- per month. The Bihar Police SI Salary structure includes basic pay plus grade pay and other perks. The Salary structure of the Bihar Police Sub-Inspector is given below:
|Bihar Police SI||Salary Details|
|New Rank as Per Pay Matrix||Level 6|
|Revised Basic Pay||Rs.35,400/-|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||Rs.4,248/-|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA) (If Applicable)||Rs.2,124 /2,832 /5,664|
|City Transport Aid||Rs.600/- toRs.1,500/-|
|Ration Money Allowances||Rs.3,000/-|
|Monthly Salary in Rs||Rs.49,772/-to Rs.54,212/-|
Bihar Police Salary For Other Posts
The Bihar Police SI Recruitments also include the post of Sergeant and Assistant Superintendent Jail. Their Salary structure is given below:
|Sergeant||Rs.35,400/- to Rs.1,12,400/-|
|Assistant Superintendent Jail Salary (Direct Recruitment)||Rs.29,200/- to Rs.92,300/-|
|Assistant Superintendent Jail Salary (Ex-Serviceman)||Rs 29,200/- to Rs.92,300/-|
Bihar Police SI Perks and Allowances
The Bihar Police Sub-Inspector is given the following allowances and perks:
|Name of Allowance||Benefits|
|Leave Encashment||Leave encashment refers to the amount of money received for a period of leave not availed by a Bihar Police SI. Encashment of accumulated leave can be availed by a Bihar SI at the time of retirement, during the continuation of service or at the time of leaving the job.|
|Dearness Allowance||The Dearness Allowance component differs for various employees based on their location. This allowance is related to the cost of living. It is 12% of the basic pay.|
|Travel Allowance||A travel allowance is any allowance paid to Bihar Police SI in respect of travelling expenses for business purposes.|
|House Rent Allowances||House Rent Allowances is paid for the settlement costs and fluctuates according to the city of the living. For Bihar Police SI, according to the location of posting, 6% or 8% or 16% HRA is paid by the Bihar Police Subordinate Service Commission.|
The Bihar Police SI officer also gets Medical Allowance, Vehicle Allowance, Uniform allowances, Transport Aid, Ration Money Allowances, and several other allowances.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Bihar Police SI Job Profile
Bihar Police Sub-Inspector has many responsibilities to maintain law and order in their areas.
- The Sub-Inspector directs the Constables and deals with the Police Station.
- The Sub-Inspector is required to take action against all the wrongdoing happening under their jurisdiction by documenting and examining the case.
- The Sub-Inspector is liable for enlisting FIR against a person.
- The Sub-Inspector has the ability to distribute power to keep peace in the State.
- The Sub-Inspector is liable for keeping up a decent connection with the inhabitants under his Police Station Jurisdiction.
- The Sub-Inspector is responsible for Customary Patrolling and ensuring that no wrongdoing is submitted.
- The Sub-Inspector has the option to examine all the cases authorized by the parliament or laws of the state under the Indian Penal Code.
Bihar Police SI Growth Opportunities
The following table provides the various ranks to which a Bihar Police SI can rise during the service years. The list is from the rank of SI to the highest rank of Deputy Commissioner of Police.
- Sub – Inspector.
- ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police)
- DCP (Deputy Commissioner of Police)
It is essential to have all necessary information about a post so that a clear and well thought out decision for applying for a position. Knowing about the salary, allowance, and benefits that a person earns at the post of a Bihar Police SI and the responsibilities and duties of the post will enable you to decide if the Bihar Police SI Salary and Bihar Police SI Job Profile suit you. Also, it is essential to know what allowances will be available as these form part of the perk associated with the specific post. Understanding the career path open to the position of an SI in Bihar Police also helps one decide their plans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The highest position that a SI Bihar Police can aspire to reach is the Deputy Commissioner of Police.
The Bihar Police SI is provided with the level 6 matrix salary. They receive Rs.49,772/- to 54,212/- rupees per month.
Yes, several allowances are associated with the post of Bihar Police SI, such as House Rent Allowance and Dearness Allowance.
An SI in the Bihar Police has several responsibilities and duties associated with the Job Profile, some of which are listed below:
Bihar Police Sub-Inspector has the critical responsibility of ensuring law and order in the area where they are posted.
The Sub-Inspector directs the Constables and deals with the Police Station.
The Sub-Inspector is required to take action against all the wrongdoing happening under their jurisdiction by documenting and examining the case.
The Sub-Inspector is liable for enlisting FIR against a person.
The Sub-Inspector is liable for keeping up a decent connection with the inhabitants under his Police Station Jurisdiction.
The Sub-Inspector is responsible for Customary Patrolling and ensuring that no wrongdoing is submitted.
The Sub-Inspector has the option to examine all the cases authorized by the parliament or laws of the state under the Indian Penal Code.
- Bihar Police SI Exam- Overview, Important Dates, How to apply, Application Fee, Selection Process
- Bihar Police SI Syllabus- Selection Process, Syllabus
- Bihar Police SI Exam Pattern- Preliminary and Mains Exam, Physical Efficiency Test
- Bihar Police SI Salary Structure & Job Profile- Structure, Profile, Perks, Allowances, Growth Opportunities
- Bihar Police SI Exam Date- Overview, other Important Dates