Table of Contents
- CAT Eligibility Criteria
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy for PwD
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy for EWS Category
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – FAQs
CAT Eligibility Criteria
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023: Every year thousands of candidates appear in the CAT examination to get enrolled in their dream MBA Colleges. Candidates who are preparing for the CAT 2023 must know the eligibility criteria before applying for the CAT exam. We will look at all factors related to CAT eligibility in this section. It would Include Age Limit & Age Relaxation, Educational qualification, and Nationality.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
CAT 2023 Notification has not been released officially yet. Hence, we are providing you with the eligibility criteria as per the previous year’s notifications. We will update you with the CAT 2023 Eligibility criteria once it is announced in the notification. As per the previous year’s update released by IIM Ahmedabad, there have been certain changes in the eligibility criteria, which are as follows
CAT Age Limit 2023
There is no upper limit to applying for CAT. Candidates can apply for CAT without any restrictions on age.
CAT Educational Qualification 2023
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The previous criteria were that a General and NC-OBC candidate should obtain 50% in Bachelor’s while candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD should obtain 45%.
- If a score is obtained in the form of a CGPA, then the corresponding CGPA should be converted to a percentage. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy
Candidates should read all the instructions carefully before filling up the form. Those who want to avail reservation facility need to submit a separate caste certificate duly at the time of application
|A person with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD)||5 per cent|
|Other Backward Classes (non-creamy)||27 per cent|
|Scheduled Caste||15 per cent|
|Scheduled Tribe||7.5 per cent|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||Up to 10 per cent|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy for PwD
As per the provision, 5% of seats in CAT are reserved for physically abled candidates, and as per the regulation there are three categories of disability:
- Low vision blindness
- Hearing impairment
- Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – CAT Reservation Policy for EWS Category
Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakhs are identified as EWS for reaping the benefit of reservation.
Candidates can avail of this scheme by providing an Income and Asset Certificate.
But there are certain exceptions to this arrangement. If the candidates’ families’ gross income is less than 8 lakhs but satisfies any of the conditions stated below, the candidate shall not fall under this category-
- If the candidates’ families own 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Candidates who own a residential flat of 1,000 sq. ft. and above.
- Candidates whose parents possess a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Candidates whose parents own a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – FAQs
Ans. The minimum academic qualification required to appear for CAT is a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA. For SC, ST, and PwD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks required is 45%.
Ans. No, work experience is not a mandatory requirement to appear for CAT. However, some management institutes may have their own eligibility criteria that include work experience as a parameter for admission.
Ans. There is no age limit to appear for CAT. Anyone who meets the minimum academic qualification criteria can appear for the exam.
Ans. Yes, international students can apply for CAT, provided they meet the eligibility criteria. However, the number of seats available for international candidates is limited, and they may have to fulfill additional criteria as per the policies of the respective institutes they are applying to.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.