Get All the Important Current Affairs of 17th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 17th Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 17th Nov 2021
Nation observed its 1st edition of Audit Diwas on 16th November
- Audit Diwas is celebrated to mark the historic origin of the institution of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) and the contribution it has made to the governance, transparency and accountability over the past several years.
- Currently, former Lt. Governor of UT of Jammu Kashmir G. C. Murmu is serving as CAG of
- India. He is the 14th CAG of India. His tenure started in August 2020.
- CAG is the statutory auditor of Government-owned corporations. It conducts supplementary audits of government companies, where the Government is having an equity share of 51 per cent.
World COPD Day is observed on Third Wednesday of November every year to raise
awareness about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and improve COPD care
throughout the world
- The World COPD Day 2021 falls on November 17, 2021.
- The 2021 theme is Healthy Lungs – Never More Important.
- The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the world.
- The first World COPD Day was held in 2002.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung disease that blocks airflow and make it difficult to breathe
NTPC signed an MoU with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) to collaborate in the field
of Renewable Energy and mutually explore opportunities for supply of low carbon/RE RTC
(round the clock) captive power
- This is a first-of-its-kind novel initiative by two leading national energy majors of India, to support the country’s commitment to achieving renewable energy targets and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- This comes in the backdrop of Indian Oil announcing its plan to build the country’s first green hydrogen plant at its Mathura refinery.
▪ NTPC Limited Founded: 1975
▪ Chairman & MD: Gurdeep Singh
▪ IOCL Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai
▪ Founded: 30 June 1959
PM Modi inaugurated the Purvanchal Expressway at KarwalKheri in Sultanpur district of
Uttar Pradesh on November 16, 2021.
- It will connect Lucknow with Ghazipur.
- The 341-km long Purvanchal Express has been constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 22,500 crore.
- A 3.2-km long airstrip has also been constructed on the expressway to enable landing and take-off of Indian Air Force fighter planes in case of emergency
State in News
State Cabinet of Arunachal Pradesh, headed by Chief Minister Pema
Khandu, approved “Kaiser-i-Hind” as the state butterfly.
Kaiser-i-Hind is scientifically known as Teinopalpus imperialis.
In literal terms, it means Emperor of India. The butterfly is having a wingspan of 90-120 mm. It is found across six States along Eastern Himalayas at elevations from 6,000-10,000 feet in a well-wooded terrain.
The Kaiser-i-Hind is protected under Schedule II of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. Despite that, they are hunted for the supply to butterfly collectors. International Union for Conservation of Nature has red-listed the Kaiser-i-Hind.
They also flutter in Bhutan, Nepal, Laos, Myanmar, southern China and Vietnam.
The government of Arunachal Pradesh approved the ‘Pakke Tiger Reserve 2047 Declaration on Climate Change Resilient and Responsive Arunachal Pradesh’, which aims to promote “climate-resilient development” in the state.
The ‘Pakke Declaration’ focuses on a multi-sectoral approach to low-emission and climate-resilient development based on five broad themes, or Panch Dharas.
▪ Capital: Itanagar
▪ Chief minister: Pema Khandu
▪ Governor: D. Mishra
Chief Minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel launched a new healthcare scheme
named ‘Niramay Gujarat Yojana’ to protect people over 30-years from non-communicable
- Aim: To provide free medical check-ups to eligible citizens at the Primary & Community Health Centres, and diagnose for non-communicable diseases.
- Gujarat is also set to launch ‘Atmanirbhar Gram Yatra’, a program under which Rs 500 crore worth of development works will be conducted in rural districts of Gujarat.
▪ Governor: Acharya Devvrat
▪ Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
HDFC Bank Ltd has launched the second edition of its “Mooh Band Rakho” campaign to
raise awareness on fraud prevention in support of International Fraud Awareness Week
2021 (November 14-20, 2021).
- HDFC Bank aims to increase awareness of its customers on all types of frauds and the importance of keeping your mouth shut to ensure their prevention and taking a pledge and not share confidential banking information with anyone.
- HDFC Bank will organise 2,000 workshops in the next four months under this campaign.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 100%
shareholding in Exide Life Insurance Company Limited by HDFC Life Insurance Company.
- The acquisition has been approved under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- After the acquisition Exide Life will become wholly owned subsidiary of HDFC Life.
- It is proposed to merge Exide Life with HDFC Life.
- HDFC Life has announced to acquire 100 percent stake in Exide Life Insurance Company in a stock and cash deal, for Rs 6,887 crore.
Axis Bank signed an MoU with the Army Insurance Group (AGI) to offer retail
mortgage loans to the Indian Army personnel
- As all Army personnel are entitled to draw pension, the borrower can also extend its repayment period beyond their retirement thus enabling them to borrow higher loan, the bank said.
- Through this agreement, the bank will offer higher loan amounts and also provide facilities to transfer the balance of customers’ loans from AGI to Axis Bank.
▪ Founded: 3 December 1993
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai
▪ MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
▪ Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
Reserve Bank of India has announced to introduce the Internal Ombudsman
mechanism for following two types of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs):
▪ Deposit-taking NBFCs (NBFCs-D) with 10 or more branches and
▪ Non-Deposit taking NBFCs (NBFCs-ND) with asset size of Rs.5,000 crore and
above having public customer interface
- Consequently, these two categories of NBFCs will have to appoint Internal Ombudsman.
- The internal Ombudsman will be responsible for handling the public grievance at the entity level before the grievance is escalated to Ombudsman at RBI.
- RBI has given a timeline of six months to the NBFCs for the appointment of the Internal Ombudsman.
The total corpus of Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) of RBI has
reached Rs 614 crore. over 57 lakh payment acceptance devices deployed as on Sept’21
- The PIDF scheme was launched by RBI in January 2021, to subsidize deployment of payment acceptance infrastructure (PoS) in Tier-3 to Tier-6 centres with a special focus on the North-Eastern States of the country.
- Initially when the scheme was launched the corpus of PIDF was Rs. 345 crore
- Now various other Authorised Card Networks (Rs. 153.72) and Card Issuing Banks (Rs. 210.17 crores) have increased their contribution to the PIDF Scheme hence taking the total corpus to Rs. 613.89 crore (approx Rs 614 crore).
Women’s cricket to make its debut in Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The first matches for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games have been announced.
- Women’s cricket is making its debut at the Commonwealth Games with the T20 format. The last time cricket was played in the multi-sporting showpiece was in the 1998 edition in Kuala Lumpur.
- India will face Australia in the opening match when women’s cricket makes its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games on July 29 while the final will be played on August 7.
Australia beat New Zealand by eight wickets to win 2021 T20 World Cup final held on
November 14, 2021 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, UAE.
This is the first T20 World Cup title won by Australia.
▪ Australian team captain: Aaron Finch
▪ New Zealand team captain: Kane Williamson
▪ Australia had won the toss and chose to field.
▪ Player of the Match – Mitchell Marsh (Australia)
▪ Player of the Tournament – David Warner (Australia)
▪ Leading run-scorer in the tournament – Babar Azam with 303 (Pakistan)
▪ Highest wicket-taker – Wanindu Hasaranga with 16 (Sri Lanka)
▪ The 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup was the 7th ICC Men’s T20 World Cup tournament, held
from 17 October to 14 November 2021.
▪ India was the host country but the matches were played in the United Arab Emirates and
Oman, due to growing concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic situation in India.
Author M Mukundan won the 2021 JCB prize for Literature, for his book ‘Delhi: A
- The book, which has originally been written in Malayalam has been translated into English by Fathima EV and Nandakumar K.
- The novel, published by Westland, is a story about Delhi through the eyes of its Malayali youth protagonists.
- The jury for this award comprised Sara Rai (Chair), Annapurna Garimella, Shahnaz Habib, Prem Panicker, and Amit Varma.
- He will receive a prize amount of Rs 25 lakh
Current Affairs 17th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the first operationalised private sector defence
manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in which city?
Answer: Option B
- Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in Lucknow on November 13, 2021.
- The facility, run by Aerolloy Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of PTC industries, will manufacture parts for Aircraft Engines, Helicopter Engines, Structural parts for aircrafts, Drones and UAV, Submarines, Ultra-Light Artillery Guns, Space Launch Vehicles and Strategy Systems etc.
Q. An idol of Goddess Annapurna that was stolen from Varanasi about 100 years
ago and later found in which country is all set to be back at its rightful place and will be
gracing the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi.
Answer: Option E
- It is 17 cm in height, 9 cm in breadth and 4 cm in thickness.
- The return of the Annapurna idol comes in the wake of many such antiquities being identified and returned to the country in the past couple of years.
Q. Which Bank integrated with the Central Government’s National Agriculture
Market (eNAM) to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various e-NAM
a) Axis Bank
Answer: Option D
▪ HDFC Bank has partnered with Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) to further
improve the ease of doing business on the e-NAM platform by offering the MultiNetbanking, Debit card, NEFT/RTGS and UPI/IMPS collection modes.
▪ Founded: August 1994
▪ CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
▪ Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
▪ Tagline: We understand your world
Q. Which country’s Army Chief has been conferred with the honorary rank of
‘General of the Indian Army’ by President Ram Nath Kovind?
(d) Sri Lanka
Answer: Option A
▪ Nepal Army Chief General Prabhu Ram Sharma was conferred the honorary rank of
General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony at the
▪ It is a customary practice by the two countries to confer the honorary rank of General on
each other’s Army Chiefs.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 17th Nov 2021.