Get All the Important Current Affairs of 2nd Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 2nd Dec 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 2nd Dec 2021
Barbados has become the World’s newest republic, around 400 years after it became a
Barbados is said to have been made a ‘slave society by the British.
▪ It first became an English colony in 1625.
▪ It gained its independence in 1966. Barbados, the Caribbean Island nation, removed
Queen Elizabeth II as the head of the state.
Dame Sandra Prunella Mason took over as the President of Barbados. He was selected to
become the first president of Barbados in October 2021.
▪ Barbados Capital: Bridgetown;
▪ Barbados Currency: Barbados Dollar
NITI Aayog has released a report on Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) titled as ‘Designing
the future of dispute Resolution: the ODR Policy Plan for India’ to advance access to
justice and ensure that cases do not end up before higher courts.
- It recommends increasing digital infrastructure, building capacity, regulatory framework.
- For the initiation of ODR, NITI Aayog constituted a committee in 2020 to formulate an action plan for ODR, headed by Justice (Retd) Arjan Kumar Sikri.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
▪ Chairperson: Narendra Modi
▪ Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
▪ CEO: Amitabh Kant
State in News
T John Longkumer, Director-General of Police (DGP) Nagaland, launched the Nagaland Police’s mobile app named ‘Call Your Cop’ at the Police headquarters (PHQ) in Kohima, Nagaland.
- The app was developed by the Police Headquarters CID branch in collaboration with Excellogics Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd, Nagaland.
- Aim: To enable all the citizens, especially those who are under stress, to get in touch with the police.
▪ Capital: Kohima
▪ Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
▪ Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) expects India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the Second Quarter of Financial Year-2022 (Q2 FY22) at 3 percent and in FY22 at 9.4 percent.
- Rohit Sawhney – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer – India Ratings & Research – A Fitch Group Company
▪ S&P Global Ratings-5%
▪ Moody- FY22 at 9.3% and FY23 at 7.9%
▪ Barclays: 7.7%
▪ Brickwork Ratings: 10-10.5%
▪ Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
▪ Goldman Sachs: 9.1% in FY22
India1 Payments has crossed a milestone on deploying 10000 white-label ATMs, which was
called as “India1ATMs”.
- India1 Payments is IPO-bound and is promoted by the Banktech Group of Australia. It was formerly known as BTI Payments.
- India1 ATM has become the second-largest white label ATM brand on semi-urban and rural areas. With the deployment of 10000 ATMs, India1 Payments has become the largest player in this segment.
▪ India1 Payments Limited Founded: 2006;
▪ India1 Payments Limited Headquarters location: Bengaluru.
State Bank of India has signed an MoU with Usha International Limited for empowering
women entrepreneurs by providing financial assistance named ‘NAVCHETNA’ by SBI.
- The financial assistance will be provided under the Joint Liability Group model.
- ‘NAVCHETNA’ makes women entrepreneurs self-reliant through equal opportunity for financial growth and inclusion.
- UIL has been providing necessary training to women through USHA Silai Schools across the country.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO): Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
SBI in News
SBI General Insurance made a technological partnership with Google Pay to enable users to buy SBI General’s health insurance on the Google Pay app.
- SBI has announced the launch of SBI’s NAV-eCash card on INS Vikramaditya, the largest naval aircraft carrier of India.
- State Bank of India has launched a video life certificate service for pensioners. This new facility will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates via video from their homes.
- Former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI) Rajnish Kumar has come out with his memoir titled ‘The Custodian of Trust – A Banker’s Memoir’.
- SBI has signed a strategic agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club, a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Steel, to promote and support football in India
- SBI signed a co-lending agreement in line with RBI guidelines with the U-GRO Capital.
- Through this collaboration, SBI and U GRO Capital will disburse up to 500 Cr loans to MSME sector by March 2022.
The gross GST revenue collected in the month of November 2021 is Rs 1,31,526 crore.
- The CGST was Rs 23,978 crore, SGST is Rs 31,127 crore. The IGST was Rs 66,815 crores (of this Rs 32,165 crores was collected from the goods imported).
- The cess collected was Rs 9,606 crores (This includes Rs 653 crores from the imported goods).
- The GST revenue collected for the month of November is 25% higher than the GST revenue of November 2020.
▪ October 2021: Rs 1.30 lakh crores
▪ September 2021: Rs. 1,17,010 crores
▪ August 2021: Rs. 1.12 lakh crores
▪ April 2021: Rs. 1.41 lakh crores (All time Highest)
Asian Development Bank approved a loan of $125 million (around Rs 938 crore) for water
supply and sanitation projects in Uttarakhand.
- The funds will be utilized to improve access to quality water supply and sanitation services to the entire population of about 154,000 people.
- Aim: To build cost-effective city-wide sanitation, wider-reach, and less water-dependent, and to engage the private sector in building the skills of concerned urban local bodies.
▪ Founded: 19 December 1966
▪ Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
▪ President: Masatsugu Asakawa
▪ Members: 68 countries
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
$4.5 million: for Mizoram to support Urban Mobility
$251 million: Integrated Urban Flood Management in Chennai
$100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
$250 million: to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program
$61 Million: loan under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’
USD 300 million: loan to improve access to healthcare in urban areas
USD 1.5 billion: to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
Former Finance Minister of Sweden, Eva Magdalena Andersson from the Social
Democratic Party (SDP) won her 2nd election and became the 1st female Prime Minister
(PM) of Sweden.
On 24 November 2021, she was first elected as the PM but later resigned after
her coalition partner (Green Party) quit the government and the budget failed to pass.
▪ Capital: Stockholm
▪ Currency: Swedish krona
Current Affairs 2nd Dec 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which of the following has received awards at ABU – UNESCO Peace Media
Awards-2021 at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia?
(b) All India Radio
(c) Vividh Bharati
(d) Prasar Bharati
(e) Both a & b
Answer: Option E
▪ The awards were given by UNESCO in collaboration with Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union
under ‘Together for Peace’ initiative.
▪ ‘Ethical and Sustainable Relationship with Nature’ award: AlR’s ‘Living on the edge – The
▪ Living Well with Super Diversity category: Doordarshan’s programme ‘DEAFinitely Leading
Q. Parag Agrawal has replaced Jack Dorsey as the new Twitter chief executive
officer, becoming the youngest CEO in top 500 companies. He is an alumnus of the which
Indian Institute of Technology?
Answer: Option D
▪ Agrawal, an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, was appointed
Twitter CTO on March 8, 2018. He succeeded Adam Messinger, who left the company in
▪ Twitter Founded: March 21, 2006
▪ Headquarters: San Francisco, California, U.S.
▪ Chairman: Patrick Pichette
▪ CEO: Parag Agrawal
Q. Which company along with BPCL and HPCL has announced the launch of Model
Retail Outlet Scheme and a Digital Customer Feedback Program called Darpan@petrolpump?
(a) Reliance Industries
(b) Indian Oil Corporation
(c) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
(d) GAIL India Limited
(e) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
Answer: Option B
▪ Indian Oil, BPCL and HPCL announced the launch of Model Retail Outlet Scheme and a
Digital Customer Feedback Program called Darpan@petrolpump.
▪ Three oil PSU’s have joined hands to launch Model Retail Outlets to enhance service
standards and amenities, across their networks.
▪ The initiative was inaugurated by Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing
and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri.
Q. Jitendra Singh has virtually chaired the 9th BRICS Science & Technology
Ministers Meeting. Where is the headquarters of BRICS located?
(a) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(b) Jakarta, Indonesia
(c) Shanghai, China
(d) London, United Kingdom
(e) New York, United States
Answer: Option C
▪ The Indian side called to improve the ranking of BRICS in the Global Innovation Index
by strengthening cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
▪ In this regard, all the member states have adopted the BRICS innovation Action Plan
2021-24, BRICS STI Declaration 2021 and Calendar of BRICS STI Activities 2022 which will
act as a roadmap for cooperation.
Q. World Health Organisation has designated the coronavirus variant, B.1.1.529
named ______________ as ‘Variant of Concern (VOC)’.
Answer: Option E
▪ Currently designated VOCs are, Alpha (B.1.1.7), Beta (B.1.351), Gamma (P.1), Delta (B.1.617.2), and Omicron (B.1.1.529).
▪ 1.1.529 variant was first reported from South Africa on 24th November 2021 and the first known confirmed B.1.1.529 infection was from a specimen collected on 9 November 2021.
▪ Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
▪ Founded: 7 April 1948
▪ Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 2nd Dec 2021.