And we are here with another dose of Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 Dec 2019. This blog will be very useful for the aspirants preparing for various government/ banking exams. Given that general awareness/ current affairs is an integral part of many exams, we bring you this blog. Also, If you are preparing for various exams like RBI Grade B, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SSC CPO, LIC Assistant, etc. Join Oliveboard and get the courses designed with the latest patterns and high-end mock tests to check your preparation level.
Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 Dec 2019
Daily Current Affairs Update – National
- A military officer, in Sri Lanka, has been appointed as head of the country’s main intelligence agency. Brigadier Suresh Sallay, former director of Military Intelligence is appointed as head of the State Intelligence Service (SIS).
- Bharti Airtel launched the Wi-Fi calling service for its subscribers. The service is currently rolling out in Delhi-NCR, gradually implemented in other cities.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry and Minister of State Independent Charge of Civil Aviation and Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, gave away the Engineering Export Promotion Awards (EEPC) for the year 2017-2018 at a function in New Delhi.
- According to a report by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India climbed one spot to 129 among 189 countries in the 2019 human development index.
- Lieutenant General Pandala Nagesh Rao assumed charge as General Officer Commanding, Dakshin Bharat Area, this month.
- Girish Chandra Chaturvedi has been appointed as the new CEO & MD of National Stock Exchange (NSE). He will take charge from Vikram Limaye.
Daily Current Affairs Update – International
- Jair Bolsonaro calls Greta Thunberg a ‘brat’ after she expressed concern about the slayings of indigenous Brazilians in the Amazon.
- The Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) revealed that U.S and Saudi Arabia are the major polluters in the world.
- Malaysia reported the first case of polio in the last 27 years. It has been identified that the main issue that has lead to the new polio case is the lack of vaccination in the region.
- The second phase of NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Russia’s Scientific International Research In Unique Terrestrial Station (SIRIUS) Deep Technology Learning and Innovation Programme 2019 culminated as the 25 Indian students returned with best practices of contemporary innovation and entrepreneurship.
Daily Current Affairs Update – Sports
- India signs off South Asian Games with a medal tally of 312. Sri Lanka was a distant second with 251 medals while Nepal finished third with 206 medals.
- Chelsea clinched their place in the Knock-out stage of the champions league with a 2-1 win over Lille.
- Inter Milan crashed out of the Champions League after 17-year-old Ansu Fati became the youngest scorer in the competition. Barcelona sealed the match with a 2-1 victory.
That is all from us in this blog, Daily Current Affairs Update – 11 Dec 2019. We have tried to cover the significant headlines for the day and the current affairs. For more such content please keep following Oliveboard. Join our telegram page for receiving daily updates about class and relevant study materials for all the banking/ government/ insurance exam.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now