Before starting with the preparation tips, let us look into the marking scheme of the exam to get an idea of the SBI Clerk Mains Reasoning and Computer Ability section.
- SBI clerk mains reasoning syllabus
- Topic wise preparation tips for SBI clerk mains reasoning
- Strategy to prepare for SBI clerk mains reasoning
- Complete SBI Clerk Mains Online Crash Course 2020
SBI clerk mains reasoning marking scheme:
|Section||Number of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minute|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minute|
|Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minute|
|General / financial awareness||50||50||35 minute|
|Total||190||200||2 hour 40 minute|
From the above marking scheme, we can observe that reasoning and computer ability has maximum weightage. Having weightage of 60 marks for 50 questions in 45 minutes seems to test –
- Time management skill
- Ability to pick the right question
- Attempt questions with full accuracy
- Subject knowledge
- Ability to handle and solve new type/pattern questions
SBI clerk mains reasoning syllabus
Following are the topics which are generally asked in exams as per the previous year paper trend.
- Puzzle and Seating arrangement
- Input output
- Coding decoding
- Coded direction sense
- Coded inequality
- Comparison based coding decoding etc.
- Logical reasoning
- Statement conclusion
- Cause effect
- Statement argument etc.
- Miscellaneous topics
A big chunk of the questions is covered by puzzles and seating arrangements.
Topic wise preparation tips for SBI clerk mains reasoning
We can divide this section in two parts
- Puzzle and seating arrangement
- Miscellaneous and others
- Computer aptitude
Puzzle and seating arrangement
Puzzle and seating arrangement help you to fetch maximum marks as they cover a large number of questions in the exam. The best way to score more in this area is practice. Make a habit of solving at least one set daily.
Following points should be kept in mind which solving puzzle or seating arrangement:
- Do not be afraid to solve new pattern puzzle. It will train your mind and build confidence in attempting new puzzles in exam.
- Always read the conditions carefully and pay attention to the type of arrangement, position, and direction faced by the different persons/variables, etc.
- Attempt mocks and attempt questions in real time environment.
Miscellaneous and others
Attempt 3-4 miscellaneous topics like blood relations, inequalities, etc and practice them along with puzzles. Change those topics every day.
As per previous paper trends, theoretical questions of computer are not asked in this section. As SBI clerk mains reasoning is clubbed with computer aptitude, generally flow chart or input-output based questions are asked from this section.
Strategy to prepare for SBI clerk mains reasoning
- Practice questions in real time environment.
- Try to have a glance of the questions before attempting them. This will give you an idea about the level of questions. It will hardly take 3-5 minutes.
- Attempt those questions in which you think you can fetch marks with accuracy. This will boost confidence to attempt further questions and sections.
Study at your own convenience anywhere. Download the Oliveboard app now!
As the Exam Date for SBI Clerk Mains 2020 has just been confirmed as 31st October 2020, don’t wait before subscribing to Oliveboard’s Complete SBI Clerk Mains Crash Course ONLY FOR ₹1299/- (Course will be delivered in English).
You will be given special guidance from India’s Top Faculty. Crisp & precise coverage of the entire Syllabus of SBI Clerk Mains will ensure you crack the last and the most crucial stage of SBI Clerk recruitment.
Complete SBI Clerk Mains Online Crash Course 2020
What does the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Course offer you?
SBI Clerk Mains Cracker Course is a comprehensive course that is split into three major sub-courses:
1. GA & Banking Awareness
2. Core Subjects Cracker via LPS
The details of each individual course are given below:
1. GA & Banking Special Batch – For SBI Clerk Mains
Course Start Date: 23rd October 2020
- This GA & Banking Special Batch is specifically designed for SBI Clerk Mains Exam.
- The course is split into two parts that are Current Affairs and Banking Awareness.
- Under Current Affairs, Aditya Sir will cover the major events from November 2019 to Mid April 2020.
- It includes all the important event details and the MCQs to bring you up to speed about the world around you.
- Under Banking Awareness, Aditya Sir will be covering the finer details of Accounts in the Banking System, like the popular Demand and Term deposits and also lesser-known NOSTRO, VOSTRO and NRE, NRO, FCNR accounts.
- The course will also include sessions on Union Budget, Economic Survey 2020, Monetary Policy Updates and Payment Systems.
2. Core Subjects Cracker via Special Live Practice Session
Course Start Date: 23rd October 2020
How is it possible to crack any mains exam without being a master in Quant, Reasoning and English?
To increase your chances of selection in the SBI Clerk Mains, we bring to you SBI Clerk Mains – Core Subject Cracker Course, this is an exclusive course aiming to help students clear the Mains exam by focusing on core subjects that are Quant, Reasoning, and English.
This is a Live Practice Session batch for SBI Clerk Mains students and has been curated to give an edge to our users by providing additional practice sessions apart from the mock tests.
Live Practice Sessions are interactive sessions wherein you will solve questions along with other participants with Live Ranking.
The faculty or expert will be present and will share shortcut techniques & tricks on how to solve every question. This is conducted in a game-like environment with a Live Leaderboard and Points. The faster you answer, the more points you get.
The course will have a healthy mix of video lessons, live classes, and Mock Discussions which will be conducted by our Expert Faculty.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now