The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam scheduled to be held on 20th of January 2019 is just a few days away. We hope that your preparations are going good and mock tests are helping you to get the feel of the real exams. With just 9 days to go for the IBPS Clerk mains, it is high time that you start revising the current affairs for atleast the past six months. General and Financial Awareness section requires a lot of revision so in this blog IBPS Clerk Mains Tips & Tricks General Awareness, we bring to you some important tips that will aid you in getting good sectional marks and increase your overall score.
Now in mains you must make sure that you score decent in each section. Give importance to each section as each section is separately timed, you need to choose the right questions and solve them accurately. Here the objective is to maximize your score, and this can happen only when negative marking is avoided. As the mains phase is crucial to your selection, practicing in a time bound manner becomes important and this is where mocks come into play. Practice some 10-15 mocks and analyse each one with utmost care. For more information on how to enhance your preparations for IBPS Clerk Mains Tips & Tricks General Awareness read below given information.
First let’s look at the Mains Exam Pattern 2018
Name of the Test
No. of Ques.
Medium of Exam
Time allotted for each test
|1.||General / Financial Awareness||50||50||English/Hindi||35 Minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||English||35 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||English/Hindi||45 Minutes|
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English/Hindi||45 Minutes|
Take sectional tests if you find yourself weak in any section.
You are required to score a minimum score in each section as well as on the total to secure your position in Provisional Allotment. You should remember that for every wrong answer one fourth or 0.25 marks allotted to the question will be deducted. So be cautious while marking your answers.
IBPS Clerk Mains Tips & Tricks General Awareness
Preparing for this section is always Work-in-Progress. You will have to answer 50 questions in 35 minutes.
- You must be in a habit of getting a daily dose of GA.
- Reading the current affairs daily so that you are not under pressure of reading and learning it all at once a few days before the exam.
- Take a lot of daily quizzes on general and financial awareness from various websites. This helps you in retention of the GA you read.
- While you read daily GA, give special importance to the financial news that is there.
- It is advisable to cover GA of at least of 6 months before the exam month.
- You can also revise the monthly GA using Oliveboard’s Banking Bolt.
- Static awareness is in some way or the other related to current affairs only. So, make sure when you read current affairs you go through the static part also for E.g. If a bank is in news, try to know its headquarters, MD and CEO or like if a particular place is in news try to remember its national parks, governor etc of the place.
- You can also refer to static GK awareness section here.
- Also you can download our Ebooks for free to enhance your knowledge.
- You can also refer the below given blog for various general awareness topics and detailed information of the GA section of IBPS Clerk Mains.
You can also take Topic tests for any topic that you want to revise.
We hope this blog IBPS Clerk Mains Tips & Tricks General Awareness aids you all in your preparation. To help you complete your preparations here are some of the eBooks that you can refer and learn from and ace your exam.
Monthly Current Affairs PDF
Monthly Current Affairs – December 2018: http://bit.ly/boltdecember2018
Monthly Current Affairs – November 2018: http://bit.ly/boltnovember2018
Monthly Current Affairs – October 2018: http://bit.ly/boltoctober2018
Monthly Current Affairs – September 2018: http://bit.ly/boltseptember2018
Monthly Current Affairs – August 2018: http://bit.ly/boltaugust2018
Monthly Current Affairs – July 2018: http://bit.ly/boltjuly2018
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials :
- Static GK Free Ebook – Atmosphere and its Structure
- Static GK Free Ebook – Nicknames of Cities (World)
- Free Static GK Ebook – Important Gulfs of the World
- Static GK Free Ebook: Indian Winners – Man-Booker Prize & Roman Magsaysay Awards
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf
Keep visiting this page to get more E-books on Static GK, Banking awareness and Current Affairs for free. All the best for your exams.