The CTET examination is conducted every year to gauge the capability of teachers to teach primary and upper primary classes. Applicants interested in applying in the teaching sector can flourish in their careers by clearing the examination. B.Ed for CTET is mandatory and based on the exam, candidates can apply for vacancies in various government and government-aided schools. From 2021, the mode of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test is online. The 15th edition of the exam will take place in December 2021 for examining the capability of teachers.
Table of Contents
The CTET examination is held in two languages: Hindi and English. Applicants have to prepare for the examination that has a duration of 150 minutes.
|Exam Name||CTET December 2021|
|Exam Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Exam Frequency||Twice in a year|
|Exam Date||16 December 2021 to 13 January 2022|
|Exam Purpose||For gauging the capability of teachers for appointment as teachers in Classes 1-8|
|Number of Test Cities||135 cities across India|
|Exam Helpdesk Number||011-22235774|
CTET 2021 Exam Date
CBSE has already announced the CTET Exam Date for 2021, along with CTET official notification. Candidates will get admit cards for the examination, and it will mention the exact date and shift of the exam.
|CTET Notification 2021||20 September 2021|
|CTET Online Registration Date||20 September 2021|
|Online Application Last Date||25 October 2021 (11:59 pm)|
|Submission of Fee through E-Challan Last Date||26 October 2021 (before 3:30 pm)|
|Online Correction Schedule||28 October to 3 November 2021|
|Download of Admit Card||1st week of December 2021|
|Date of Exam of CTET||16 December 2021 to 13 January 2022|
|CTET Answer Key||January 2022|
|Declaration of CTET Result||15 February 2022|
|Dispatch of CTET Certificates||March 2022|
Paper I and Paper II are held in the morning and evening, respectively, with a duration of 2.30 hours.
|Paper I||9:30 am to 12 pm|
|Paper II||2.50 pm to 5 pm|
CTET 2021 Eligibility
The following persons are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V:
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
“Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)” “(a) who has acquired the qualification or Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two year of such appointment as primary teacher”.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
OR Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Any candidate having qualified B.Ed. Programme recognized by the NCTE is eligible to
appear in TET/CTET. Moreover, as per the existing TET guidelines, circulated vide NCTE
letter dated 11-02-2011, a person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses
(recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification
rd dated 23 August 2010 is also qualified to appear in the TET/CTET.
CTET – JANUARY 2021
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed
A minimum score of 50 % for applicants with a degree either from Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Arts from a recognized university is necessary. A minimum of 50 % is required for a B.Ed for CTET. A grade point average of at least 55 % or any equivalent qualification is necessary for bachelor’s degree holders in technology or engineering with a concentration in science and mathematics.
Skill Set for B.Ed
To teach as teachers in a government school, applicants should note that B.Ed is compulsory for CTET. Applicants need to make sure if they can make a difference in teaching. The following skills should be in candidates who are interested in Bachelor in Education:
- Effectiveness in Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- The capability of Critical Thinking
- A Fast Learner of New Knowledge
Procedure of B.Ed Admission
Candidates can apply for B.Ed in Indian colleges after clearing the entrance examinations administered by states and institutions. The admission procedure needs to be thoroughly studied before opting for one. The performance of students matters in the entrance exam for admission to be qualified to join a for a B.Ed Course. It is a course for improving skills to teach aspiring teachers how to teach so that many students can comprehend.
CTET 2021 Application Form
The procedure of filling up the application form for the examination includes candidate registration, CTET online application form submission, photograph upload, signature, payment of application fee, application form confirmation page printout, etc. The form needs to be filled in as per the instructions, and candidates must have requisite documents. As B.Ed for CTET is crucial, the form filling process requires candidates to pay separate application fees category-wise and paper-wise in online mode via Debit Card or Credit Card, or Net Banking. Applicants should provide a valid e-mail ID and phone number in the form to receive notifications.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
CTET 2021 Proper Process of Application Form Filling
The registration of candidates:
- The official website has to be opened to fill CTET application form.
- The option’ CTET July 2021 Application Form’ has to be clicked.
- After a while, a new page will open.
- The option ‘Apply Now’ has to be clicked.
- The registration form will open that must be filled online.
- Important inputs are personal information such as the candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID, address, mobile number, etc.
- Applicants must create a password next and click on ‘Submit.’
- The website will confirm the registration for CTET, and the generation of an application number will take place.
- Candidates will receive an sms that has CTET Application Number on their mobile.
The submission of online application form:
- The selection for the centre of examination
- The offering of languages for CTET
- The medium of question paper
- An optional choice of entering unique Aadhar Number
- Selection of Gender either Male or Female
- Category selection out of General or Scheduled Tribe or Scheduled Caste or Other Backward Class
- Status of the qualifying exam needs to be mentioned by clicking either ‘Passed’ or ‘Appearing’.
- Status of Employment
- Applying for Paper I or Paper II
- Educational Institution or College
The uploading of photograph and signature in the form:
- Jpg format is recommended for the latest photograph and signature.
- The photo image should be less than 100 kb and greater than 4 kb.
- The signature image should be less than 25 kb and greater than 1 kb.
- 3.5 cm width x 4.5 cm height should be the dimension of the photograph.
- 3.5 cm width x 1.5 cm height should be the dimension of the signature.
The payment of application fee either online or offline:
- Candidates must pay the CTET exam fee by E-Challan with Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank for offline mode.
- The payment of the application fee takes place via Net Banking or Debit Card, or Credit Card for the online mode.
The printout of the application form confirmation page.
- A proper filling up of the application online by candidates is suggested on the website.
- If candidates pay through challan, candidates need to take a printout of the confirmation page after submission and fee payment for future reference.
CTET 2021 Application Fee
In the table below, the application fee for the exam is given for candidates who completed B.Ed for CTET:
|Category||Either Paper I or II||Both Paper I and II||Payment Mode|
|General or Other Backward Class||₹ 1000||₹ 1200||Online: Debit/Credit/Net Banking Offline: Syndicate/Canara Bank Challan|
|Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Differently Abled Person||₹ 500||₹ 600||Online: Debit/Credit/Net Banking Offline: Syndicate/Canara Bank Challan|
- Candidates do payments either by Net Banking or Debit card by online gateway payment facility or by downloading E-Challan form from CTET website.
- For payment via a debit card or a credit card, the card’s validity needs to be checked.
- Payment through E-Challan has to be downloaded after completing Part II of registration, and the fee is paid in either of the mentioned banks in the table.
- After the confirmation of payment, the generation of the confirmation page takes place.
- If fees are paid by E-Challan, the hard copy of the confirmation page has to be retained for future use.
CBSE’s sample papers are of immense help for candidates who decide about preparing for CTET. A B.Ed for CTET is significant for applicants, and the CTET Exam will gauge the teacher’s understanding of teaching their respective subject. A candidate, after completing B.Ed, can sit for the CTET examination to teach students from 6th standard till 12th standard. The question papers of CTET are also about assessment methodologies specific to the content.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no age limit to apply for the exam, and crucial for B.Ed for CTET.
CBSE releases admit cards 15-20 days before the examination date.
- National Curriculum Framework 2005 – CTET Exam Preparation
- Best CTET Preparation Tips 2023 – Check here
- CTET admit card 2023 – Check out and Download
- CTET Exam Analysis For Paper 1 & Paper 2 | 16 December 2021
- CBSE CTET Online Correction Form- Overview, Details, Process
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series