JK Bank PO Syllabus 2024
The JK Bank Probationary Officer (PO) Syllabus for 2024 provides a structured framework for aspirants preparing for this prestigious banking examination. With a comprehensive focus on English, Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Financial Awareness, and Computer Ability, the syllabus ensures a thorough evaluation of candidates’ skills and knowledge. Aspirants are encouraged to delve into each section, mastering key concepts to enhance their preparedness for the competitive JK Bank PO examination.
JK Bank PO and Associate Syllabus 2024: Overview
The Jammu and Kashmir Bank Pvt. Ltd. is set to conduct the JK Bank PO Recruitment 2023, providing a significant opportunity for aspiring candidates to join the prestigious banking sector. The recruitment process will follow a meticulous selection procedure, including a Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview.
|Jammu and Kashmir Bank Pvt. Ltd.
|JK Bank PO Recruitment 2023
|Mode of Exam
|0.25 marks for each wrong answer
|Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview
JK Bank PO Selection Process 2024
The selection process for the Jammu and Kashmir Bank Probationary Officer (JK Bank PO) is a multi-phase evaluation designed to identify candidates with the requisite skills and knowledge for a career in banking. Below is a breakdown of the JK Bank PO selection process:
- Preliminary Exam:
- This initial phase involves an online examination.
- Subjects assessed include English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The Preliminary Exam serves as a screening test to shortlist candidates for the next stage.
- Main Examination:
- Successful candidates from the Preliminary Exam progress to the Mains Exam.
- The Mains Exam is a more comprehensive evaluation, covering subjects such as Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, and Data Analysis & Interpretation.
- Each section is separately timed to assess proficiency in various aspects.
- Candidates who qualify the Mains Exam are invited to participate in a personal interview.
- The interview phase aims to assess communication skills, subject knowledge, and overall suitability for the role of a Probationary Officer.
- Final Merit List:
- The final merit list is prepared based on candidates’ performance in the Mains Exam and the Interview.
- Successful candidates in the final merit list are offered the position of Probationary Officer in Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
JK Bank PO and Associate Exam Pattern 2024
The JK Bank will be conducting an online exam for the recruitment of the probationary officers which will be a 3-phase exam:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Examination
JK Bank PO Exam Pattern – Prelims
The Preliminary Examination is the first phase of the JK Bank Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment process. It serves as a screening test to shortlist candidates for the subsequent stages of the selection process. The Prelims Exam consists of three sections, each designed to assess specific skills of the candidates. Below is a detailed overview of the JK Bank PO Prelims Exam pattern:
Preliminary Exam Structure:
|Name of the Test
|No. of Questions
JK Bank PO Exam Pattern – Mains
The Main Examination is the second phase of the JK Bank Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment process and is designed to thoroughly assess candidates’ knowledge and skills in various subjects. The Mains Exam consists of four sections, each with its own specific focus. Below is a detailed overview of the JK Bank PO Mains Exam pattern:
Main Examination Structure:
|Name of Test
|No. of Questions
|Time Allotted for Each Test (Separately Timed)
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
JK Bank PO & Associate Syllabus – Topics to Cover
After understanding the JK Bank PO Exam pattern, now is the time to have a look at the JK Bank PO Exam syllabus for both Prelims & Main Exam.
JK Bank Syllabus for General English
The General English section in the JK Bank PO examination is a crucial component that evaluates candidates’ language proficiency. This section spans various aspects of English, emphasizing grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. Aspirants should focus on mastering the following topics:
- Active and Passive Voice
- Cloze Test
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Error Correction
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
- Joining Sentences
- Parts of Speech
- Sentence Improvement and Correction
- Spelling Test
- Synonyms and Antonyms
JK Bank Syllabus for Reasoning
The Reasoning section is a pivotal part of the JK Bank PO examination, designed to assess candidates’ logical and analytical reasoning abilities. Candidates are expected to showcase proficiency in various reasoning topics. Here’s a concise overview of the key areas covered in the JK Bank Syllabus for Reasoning:
- Assertions and Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Circular Seating Arrangements
- Coded Inequalities
- Cubes and Dice
- Data Sufficiency
- Distance and Directions
- Linear Seating Arrangements
- Order and Ranking
- Series – Alphabetical and Alphanumeric
- Statements and Arguments
JK Bank Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
The Quantitative Ability section in the JK Bank PO examination evaluates candidates’ mathematical and numerical proficiency. This section covers a diverse range of quantitative concepts, and candidates are required to demonstrate their quantitative aptitude across various topics. Here’s a brief overview of the key areas outlined in the JK Bank Syllabus for Quantitative Ability:
- Age Problems
- Boats and Stream
- Clock and Calendar Problems
- Decimal and Fractions
- DI – Line Graph, Pie Chart, and Bar Graph
- Indices and Surds
- C.M and H.C.F
- Mixture and Allegations
- Number Series
- Permutation and Combination
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Quadratic Equations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Square root, Cube root
- Time and Work
- Time, Distance, and Speed
- Volume and Surface Area
JK Bank Syllabus for General Awareness
The General Awareness section in the JK Bank PO examination aims to evaluate candidates’ knowledge of current affairs, general awareness, and banking-related topics. This section encompasses a wide array of subjects, and candidates are expected to stay informed on various aspects. Here’s a concise overview of the key areas covered in the JK Bank Syllabus for General Awareness:
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Science and Technology
- Scientific and General Abbreviations
- International Issues
- Sports and Games
- History – India and World
- Social Science
- Current National and International Events
- Countries, Capitals, and Currencies
- Policies and Laws Related to Banking
- Everyday Science and General Science
- Culture and Heritage
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- Awards and Honours
- Indian Constitution
- Books and Authors
- History of Banks
JK Bank Syllabus for Financial Awareness
The Financial Awareness section in the JK Bank PO examination assesses candidates’ knowledge of financial and economic concepts, banking procedures, and related terminologies. This section is vital for evaluating a candidate’s understanding of the financial landscape. Here’s a brief overview of the key areas covered in the JK Bank Syllabus for Financial Awareness:
- Economics and Finance
- Bank Rates, KYC, Bank Abbreviations
- Financial Institutions of India
- Reserve Bank of India and its Roles
- Indian Budget
- Banking and Economic Appointments
- Economic Policies and Schemes of Government
JK Bank PO Syllabus for Computer Ability
The Computer Ability section in the JK Bank PO examination evaluates candidates’ knowledge and proficiency in various aspects of computer science. This section covers fundamental concepts related to computer systems, software, and technology. Here’s a brief overview of the key areas covered in the JK Bank Syllabus for Computer Ability:
- DBMS (Database Management System)
- Full form of Technical Terms
- Networking and Protocols
- Logic Gates
- Basic Terms of Hardware and Software
- Computer Programmes
- Basic Logical Questions on the Routine Operation of Computers
- Computer Languages
- Basic Conversion, etc.
JK Bank PO and Associate: FAQ
To be eligible for the JK Bank PO exam, candidates must have a minimum educational qualification of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Additionally, there are age criteria and specific requirements for different categories.
Interested candidates can apply for the JK Bank PO exam through the official website of Jammu and Kashmir Bank. The application process typically involves online registration, payment of fees, and submission of required documents.
Yes, there is a negative marking scheme in the JK Bank PO exam. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted. Candidates are advised to answer cautiously and avoid unnecessary deductions.
The JK Bank PO Mains Exam syllabus includes sections like Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, and an additional section for English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
To prepare for the JK Bank PO interview, candidates should stay updated on current affairs, banking knowledge, and be well-versed in their academic and professional background. Practicing mock interviews and refining communication skills is also beneficial.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in