National Housing Bank (NHB) has come up with NHB Notification 2020 for the recruitment of Assistant Managers (Scale 1 officers) with 16 vacancies in total. The registrations for the post offered starts 29th August 2020 and the last date to register is 18th September 2020.
- 1. NHB Notification 2020 – Overview
- 2. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- 3. NHB Exam Dates 2020 – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
- 4. NHB Vacancies 2020 – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
- 5. NHB 2020 Exam Pattern – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
- 6. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
- 7. NHB 2020 Assistant Manager Salary and Other Benefits
- 8. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 Application Fees
- 9. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 Online Examination Centres
- 10. NHB 2020 Assistant Manager Detailed Notification & Apply Online Link
1. NHB Notification 2020 – Overview
The National Housing Bank (NHB) invites applications from eligible candidates for appointment to the Post of Assistant Managers in Junior Management Grade (Scale I).
NHB was set up on July 9, 1988, under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. The Head Office of NHB is at New Delhi.
NHB has been established to achieve, inter alia, the following objectives-
- To promote a sound, healthy, viable, and cost-effective housing finance system to cater to all segments of the population and to integrate the housing finance system with the overall financial system.
- To promote a network of dedicated housing finance institutions to adequately serve various regions and different income groups.
- To augment resources for the sector and channelize them for housing.
- To make housing credit more affordable.
- To supervise the activities of housing finance companies based on supervisory power derived under the Act.
- To encourage augmentation of supply of buildable land and also building materials for housing and to upgrade the housing stock in the country.
- To encourage public agencies to emerge as facilitators and suppliers of serviced land, for housing.
2. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
i. Age Limit (As on 08.2020)
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.08.2020 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1990 and no later than 01.08.1999 (both days are inclusive). The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General and EWS Category Candidates.
ii. Minimum Educational Qualifications (as on 08.2020)
|Post Qualification Experience||
Broad skillsets required
|i. A full-time Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or a full-time Master’s Degree in any discipline with an aggregate minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
ii. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant/CMA/Company Secretary may also apply.
iii. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate/ Professional qualification certificate that he/ she is a graduate/post-graduate/Chartered Accountant/CMA/ Company Secretary (wherever applicable) as on 01.08.2020 and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation/Post- graduation/professional qualifications while registering online.
|While no prior experience is required, any relevant experience would be given weightage.||Communication skills written and oral, analytical ability and a general understanding of the economic scenario.|
- A candidate whose final result is awaited is not eligible to apply.
- Proper document from Universities/ Institutions for having declared the result on or before 01.08.2020 has to be submitted at the time of the interview.
3. NHB Exam Dates 2020 – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
i. Online Application Registrations Start Date: 29 August 2020
ii. Online Application Registrations End Date: 18 September 2020
iii. Online Written Examination: 18 October 2020
|Online registration of Applications and payment of fees/ intimation
|29.08.2020 to 18.09.2020 (both days
|The download of e-Call Letter for Online Examination||10 days prior to the Examination|
|Online Examination||18.10.2020 (Sunday)|
|Result of Online Examination||November/ December 2020|
|The download of e-Call Letter for Interview||January/February 2021|
|Conduct of Interview||January/February 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||February/March 2021|
Download the Online Written Exam Notice
Download the Information Handout Here
4. NHB Vacancies 2020 – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
A total of 16 vacancies have been announced for the National Housing Bank (NHB) Assistant Manager (Scale 1) post.
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Assistant Manager (Scale I)||SC||ST||OBC-NCL^||EWS||GEN||Total|
SC: Scheduled Caste; ST: Scheduled Tribe; OBC-NCL: Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer; EWS: Economically Weaker Sections; GEN: General.
^OBC candidates belonging to ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ are entitled to reservations under OBC category. OBC ‘Creamy Layer’ candidates should indicate their category as ‘GEN’.
Out of 16 vacancies, 01 vacancies are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD).
5. NHB 2020 Exam Pattern – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
Selection for the Post will be done through two-tiered processes i.e. online examination and interview.
i. Phase I: Online Examination
Online examination will consist of both Objective and Descriptive Tests. Objective Tests for 200 marks will be of 3 hours duration consisting of 4 sections. The objective test will have separate timing for each section. The details of online test structure will be as follows:
|Sr. No||Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately
|Type of test|
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes||Objective|
|2||General Awareness (with special focus on Economy & Banking) and Computer Knowledge.||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|3||English Language||25||30||English||35 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude (with special emphasis on data analysis and interpretation)||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|English Language* (Letter Writing and Essay)||02||25||English||30 minutes||Descriptive|
- Descriptive Test is a test of English Language for 25 marks.
- The test will be of 30 minutes duration consisting of two parts Letter Writing and Essay.
- Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
- Descriptive Test will commence immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
- Descriptive Test is of qualifying nature and candidates have to secure a minimum score in the Descriptive Test.
- Evaluation of Descriptive Test paper is subject to candidate attaining minimum marks in Objective Test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
- Each question in Objective Tests will have five alternative choices, out of which one will be the correct answer. There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- For every wrong answer marked, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Cut-off Score (Online Examination)
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each section of the Objective Test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
- Descriptive Test is of qualifying nature and marks scored in the same shall not be considered for shortlisting of a candidate to interview.
- However, the candidate has to secure a minimum score in the Descriptive Test. Evaluation of Descriptive Test paper is subject to candidate attaining minimum marks in Objective Test.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the selection process, scores obtained in the online examination and interview phases will not be shared with the candidates.
ii. Phase II – Interview:
A category wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Objective Test. The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Interview will be decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on NHB website. Interviews will be conducted at NHB head office in New Delhi ONLY.
6. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – Assistant Managers (Scale 1 Officer)
i. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
Important Topics for Reasoning Section:
- Direction based/ Direction sequence
- Series completion/ analogy
- Alphabet/ Dictionary
- Blood relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangements
- Machine Input- Output
ii. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – General Awareness
General Awareness -:
- Current Affairs
- Sports News
- General Knowledge
- Superlatives – India & World
- Science and Tech related to current events
- Important Days
- Government Schemes.
- Important Appointments.
Economy and Banking Awareness -:
- Economy current affairs
- Important Bank News
- Economic and Corporate Appointments
- Bank Names, headquarters and Chairpersons
- Annual Budget
- Economic Survey
- Reports & Indices
- History of Computers
- Computer Fundamentals
- Parts of a Computer System
- Data Processing Cycle of a Computer
- Computer Languages
- Input Devices & Output Devices
- Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Microsoft Office
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- File Extensions
- Networking and Internet
- Computer Viruses
- Important Abbreviations
iii. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – English Language
|Topic Name||Probable Question Types|
|Reading Comprehension||Economy, Social Science, Environment, Story, Essay, etc.|
|Error Spotting||Grammar Based, Wrong Spelling, Incorrect Punctuation, etc.|
|Phrase Replacement||Grammar Based, Vocabulary Based|
|Cloze Test||Identify the missing word|
|Sentence Re-arrangement||Verbal Ability questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||Single Filler, Double fillers, Grammar-based, Vocabulary based|
|Vocabulary||Synonyms, Antonyms, Phrase replacement, one-word substitution.|
iv. NHB 2020 Exam Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Problem on ages
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Data Interpretation Questions
- Time and work Questions
- Speed, Time and Distance Questions
- Probability Questions
- Number Series Questions
7. NHB 2020 Assistant Manager Salary and Other Benefits
- Starting Basic pay is Rs. 23,700/- p.m. in the scale of Rs. 23,700-980/7-30,560-1,145/2-32,850-1,310/7-42,020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- The present pay scale is under revision.
- Selected candidates will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance (DA), Special Pay, Special DA, House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance as per rules in force from time to time.
- Current total emoluments are Rs. 48,330/- p.m. (approx.).
- Selected candidates will be entitled to additional increments for passing JAIIB/CAIIB exams.
i. NHB Assistant Manager Salary – Other Benefits and Allowances
- Besides emoluments as per the pay scale given above, the Post will carry other facilities like Bank’s accommodation (at the discretion of the Bank subject to availability of accommodation as determined by the Bank from time to time),
- Reimbursement of expenses for medical/hospitalization,
- Telephone/mobile charges, newspapers, magazine, book grant, residential furnishing, maintenance of vehicle for official purpose etc. as per eligibility.
- Other benefits such as housing loan, vehicle loan, festival advance, LTC, gratuity, leave encashment, coverage under National Pension System governed by PFRDA etc. shall be as per rules.
ii. Probation Period & Transfer
- A candidate appointed as Assistant Manager will be on probation for a period of 2 years which is extendable at the discretion of the Bank.
- The selected candidate is liable to be posted in any department and transferred to anywhere in India.
8. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 Application Fees
|SC/ST/PwBD||Rs. 175/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|Other than SC/ST/PwBD||Rs. 850/- (Application Fee including Intimation Charges)|
9. NHB Assistant Manager 2020 Online Examination Centres
The tentative list of centres for the Online Examination is as under –
|Sr. No.||Name of the Centres||Sr. No.||Name of the Centres|
|1.||Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar||11.||Kolkata/Greater Kolkata|
|3.||Bhopal||13.||Mumbai/Navi Mumbai/Greater Mumbai|
|5.||Chandigarh||15.||New Delhi – NCR|
10. NHB 2020 Assistant Manager Detailed Notification & Apply Online Link
Download the Detailed Notification Here:
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test