Olympic Medal Winners from India – After the 1980 Olympics, the Indian Hockey Team soared to the top of the podium, making the 2020 Olympics particularly noteworthy. The bronze medal was boasted about. The entire country should be proud of the outstanding achievement of the Indian Olympic team. List Of Indian Olympics Medal Winner 2021 is a topic that will be covered in this article. Exams like the UPSC and UPPSC recently included Olympic-related questions. The candidate had to be reasonably knowledgeable with the Olympics, the accomplishments of Indian athletes, and the legacy of these spectacular competitions.
List Of Indian Olympics Medal Winners 2021:
When preparing for a competitive exam, it is crucial to be aware with the whole list of Indian Olympic medal winners. Many questions based on this list could be posed in a variety of exams:
|Neeraj Chopra||Gold medal in Men’s Javelin throw|
|Mirabai Chanu||Silver medal in women’s 49kg weightlifting|
|Ravi Kumar Dahiya||Silver medal in men’s 57kg freestyle wrestling|
|PV Sindhu||Bronze medal in women’s singles badminton|
|Lovlina Borgohain||Bronze medal in women’s welterweight boxing|
|Bajrang Punia||Bronze medal in men’s 65kg freestyle wrestling|
|Men’s hockey team||Bronze medal|
List Of Gold Medal Winners From India:
India has 10 Olympic gold medals to its name. Eight of them belong to the men’s hockey squad. Neeraj Chopra is the second individual Olympic champion after Abhinav Bindra.
|Year & Venue||Medal||Captain|
|1928 – Amsterdam||Gold||Jaipal Singh|
|1932 – Los Angeles||Gold||Lal Bokhari|
|1936 – Berlin||Gold||Dhyanchand|
|1948 – London||Gold||Kishan Lal|
|1952 – Helsinki||Gold||K.D. Singh|
|1956 – Melbourne||Gold||Balbir Singh Sr|
|1964 – Tokyo||Gold||Charanjit Singh|
|1980 – Moscow||Gold||Vasudevan Bhaskaran|
|2008-Beijing||Gold||Abhinav Bindra- Shootinng|
|2021-Tokyo||Gold||Neeraj Chopra – Javelin throw|
Important Facts about Olympic:
- The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo began on July 23 and ended on August 8, 2021. The Covid Pandemic forced the postponement of the games.
- The Indian team competed in a record 69 events, winning medals in 18 different sports.
- Neeraj Chopra earned India’s first gold medal in athletics in the men’s javelin throw.
- Abhinav Bindra won the nation’s second-ever individual gold medal, its first since the Beijing Olympics in 2008. (Shooting).
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal in weightlifting since 2000, won India’s first-ever silver medal in women’s weightlifting (49 kg).
- The men’s national field hockey team earned their first medal since 1980 when they won the bronze.
- 2 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- National Pollution Control Day 2023, Theme, History, Objectives
- World Computer Literacy Day 2023, History, Theme & Significance
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023, Theme & History
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
Frequently Asked Questions:
The first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal is Karnam Malleswari.
A total of 35 Olympic medals have been won by India.
Who took home medals from the 2021 Tokyo Olympics in India? The list of medal winners, which also includes Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Bajrang Punia, Lovlina Borgohain, and Neeraj Chopra, is completed by the Indian hockey team, Mirabai Chanu, and PV Sindhu.
P.V. Sindhu won the last medal in Olympic India.
Sindhuja is a passionate content writer with a strong background in preparing for various state exams and defence examinations. Drawing on her own experiences as an aspirant, she brings valuable insights and expertise to her writing. With a keen understanding of exam patterns, syllabus, and effective study techniques, Sindhuja creates engaging and informative content to assist fellow aspirants in their preparation journey. Her dedication to accuracy and clarity ensures that candidates find convenience and reliability in her work. As a content writer, she aspires to empower others with the knowledge and guidance needed to excel in their respective exams and achieve their dreams.