RRB is all set to conduct the RRB NTPC 2019 examination from 28th December 2020. The exam will continue till the last week of March 2021. According to the Ministry of Railways, a total of 1.26 crore candidates will appear for the exam from different cities across the country. The exam will be conducted in multiple shifts and there will be variations in the difficulty level of each shift. Hence RRB applies a normalization method for calculating the qualifying marks of an examination conducted in multiple sessions having different difficulty levels of the questions. Let us look in detail at how the normalization of marks will be done in RRB NTPC, RRB Group D Level-1, and RRB Ministerial & Isolated (MI) Categories 2020 Railway Exams.
Also, you can download the RRB NTPC 2019 Admit Card Here once it is released by the Railway authorities.
What Is Normalization In RRB NTPC Exam?
Normalization means to measure the different values of different times on the same scale. The normalization process followed by RRBs is a scientific and statistical process. It is not a process of awarding grace marks. The normalized score completely depends on the statistical parameters calculated based on the performance of candidates attending the exam in the different sessions. The normalization procedure is going to be totally supported by the raw score of candidates. The raw score is evaluated based on the number of questions attempted correctly or wrongly. These are the scores that are obtained by the aspirants by answering correctly in each section of the Exam. These are the scores calculated after applying the penalty for wrong answers.
Why normalization is necessary?
When an examination is conducted in multiple sessions for the same syllabus, in spite of all efforts there are chances of variation in the difficulty level of the questions in various sessions. Thus the score obtained by the candidates of the same caliber is likely to vary. In order to equalize the variation in the difficulty level of question papers a process called statistical normalization of marks is resorted to universally. This ensures a level playing field for all the candidates.
RRB NTPC Normalization Marks Revised Formula
Railways have released a revised formula for the calculation of normalized marks for multi-session papers has been published. The formula has been modified as mentioned below and will be adopted for normalization:-
What is Raw Score? How Raw Score is calculated?
Raw score or actual marks are the marks that are allotted for each section according to each correct/ incorrect answer. Whereas Normalized marks/ scaled marks are the marks that are calculated using the actual score.
The Raw Score is computed as under:
Total Questions-100; No of Questions Ignored (question wrong, multiple options correct etc): 2
No of Questions attempted: 60; Correctly Answered: 54; Wrongly Answered: 6
Positive Marks: 54; Negative Marks: 2; Net Score: 54-2=52
Score Out of 100: (52/98)*100= 53.06
Raw Score= 53.06
You can also Enhance Your RRB NTPC Exam Preparations by taking a free mini mock test daily. Take 30 Questions In 30 Minutes. Attempt RRB NTPC Free Daily Mini Mock Test Here
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
RRB NTPC Mock Test Series
- 20 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 1
- 10 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 2
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now