The Intelligence Bureau is the country’s internal intelligence agency, which is governed by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The post of an Intelligence Bureau Assistant (Security) is one of the most prestigious and financially secured positions in the Central Government. Thousands of applicants sit for the Combined Graduate Level entrance examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to land a job in this coveted post. The details of the SSC CGL exam date will be published soon on the official website.
Before you start with your exam preparation, it is imperative that you understand the job profile of an IB Security Assistant. You should be well aware of the duties and responsibilities that you would need to perform if you are selected for the said position.
SSC Intelligence Bureau – Job profile
The job profile of an Assistant in the Intelligence Bureau is diverse. You will be performing the following duties-
- Checks and patrols
You will have to patrol the grounds of an organization or business and ensure there is no unlawful or disorderly behaviour. You may be assigned a particular post, for instance at the entrance of the premises, where you will have to make sure no one enters without authorization. You will be responsible for checking the employees’ and the visitors’ ID and scan them thoroughly before granting them permission to enter the premises. In case of a security breach, you can question a suspect and temporarily apprehend him before handing him/her over to the higher authorities.
- Security programmes
As an IB Assistant, you will be implementing and formulating security programs in association with the Security Officer. You will need to evaluate the security policies’ effectiveness and ensure the safety of information. You will be disseminating information regarding security measures to all the concerned parties. For instance, reports of any suspicious act, movement of people etc.
Your job will also include handling security equipment like two-way radios, electronic surveillance devices etc. You will need to maintain safe custody of top-secret storage devices assigned to you.
Other responsibilities of a Security Assistant (IB) involves-
- Undertaking security-related tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Training and supervising subordinates
- Dealing with an emergency situation in an orderly manner
- Carrying out paperwork related to breach of security
- Maintaining records
- Visiting other office locations to deliver information
- Assisting the ACIO when and as needed
- Communicating with the locals to gather as much information
The nature of the job of an IB Assistant is transferrable. You could be posted anywhere in India, starting from a metropolitan city to the outskirts of any state, even close to the border areas. Therefore, you need to be prepared mentally before taking on the challenges you would face in this position.
SSC Intelligence Bureau – Salary Structure
The pay scale of an Assistant in the IB ranges from Rs.5200 to Rs.20200 with grade pay of Rs.2000 (PB-1) in addition to permissible allowances by the Central Govt.
As per the 7th Pay Commission, the basic pay stands at Rs.21700.
In addition to the basic pay, you get the following allowances-
- Transport Allowance= Rs.3600 for Tier-I cities and Rs.1800 for other cities
- Dearness Allowance (4%)
- House Rent Allowance= 24% for Tier-I cities, 16% for Tier-II cities, and 8% for Tier-III cities
Knowing about the job profile and salary structure of an IB Assistant will offer you an insight into their life. However, to see yourself in the position, you will need to work very hard since the entrance exam is going to be a tough one. Lookout for the SSC CGL exam syllabus to ensure that you do not miss any of the important topics.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test