SSC CGL Shift Timing 2021 – The SSC CGL is a combined competitive exam conducted by SSC to recruit candidates in the Group B and C posts of various offices and departments. The full form of SSC CGL is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam. The Tier 1 of SSC CGL 2021 Exam was conducted recently by the Staff Selection Commission. And as per the recent notice on the SSC website, SSC CGL (Tier-II) 2021 would be conducted as per the schedule given in the Calendar of Examinations. For a better SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation you need to acquaint with the Tier 2 Exam Pattern, Syllabus for each section of the Exam, Preparation Strategy & Tips etc. Take a look at the SSC CGL Shift Timing in this blog.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Shift Timings – 2020-21
The SSC CGL exams are being conducted in three shifts. The details of those 3 shifts are given below.
|Shifts||Reporting Time||Exam Timings|
|Shift 1||8:30 AM||9-10 AM|
|Shift 2||12:30 PM||1-2 PM|
|Shift 3||2:30 PM||3-4 PM|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Shift Timings – 2020-21
SSC CGL Shift Timing for Tier 2 are as follows.
|Paper-1||Mathematics||10 AM to 12 PM (1000 hours to 1200 hours)|
|Paper-2||English||2 PM to 4 PM (1400 hours to 1600 hours)|
There will be a 2 hour break in between the two papers on the day of the exam.
SSC CGL Overview
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2021 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2021)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Eligibility||Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline|
|Exam Mode||Online (Tier 1 and Tier 2) and offline (Tier 3)|
|Duration of the exam||Tier 1: 60 minutes|
Tier 2: 120 minutes for each paper
Tier 3: 60 minutes
Tier 4: 15 minutes for each module
|Posts offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern | All Tiers
|Tiers||Time Duration||Mode of Exam||Total Marks||Total number of questions|
|Tier 1||60 minutes||Online||200||100|
|Tier 2||2 hours||Online||800||4 papers|
|Tier 3||1 hour||Offline||100||1 Paper|
|Tier 4||15 minutes (each module)||Online||Qualifying in nature||Data entry skill test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)|
SSC CGL Exam Day Guidelines 2021
- SSC has asked candidates to be well-dressed at the exam centre.
- These formal codes of conduct would assist in attempting SSC CGL 2021.
- To avoid any misconduct, strict instructions & dress codes have been made.
- A list of all the prohibited items that you cannot carry to SSC CGL Exam Centres is also indicated in the guidelines.
- Carry recent passport-sized photographs for verification at the exam venue.
- Details and photographs on Admit Card must match with the particulars mentioned on the application form.
- Prohibited Items in exam centres are watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic gadgets (mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, headphones, pen/buttonhole cameras, scanners, calculators, storage devices, etc).
SSC CGL 2021: List of Prohibited and Allowed Items
As per the instructions, issued by SSC, students can wear only the particular nature of dress and slippers. Check the list of items allowed/ not allowed in SSC CGL 2021.
|Slippers and sandals with feet completely/ partially visible||Shoes/ Bellies/ boots|
|Half-T-Shirt||Full sleeves shirt or T-Shirt|
|Doctors prescribed spectacles||Sunglasses|
|Lower||Rings/ Chain/ Necklace etc. (any type of jewellery or ornaments)|
|Jeans||Hair Clips/ Big Rubber Bands|
|Salwar / Patiala||Big buttons, brooch/badge T-Shirts|
|Kurta/Top (Half-Sleeves)||Saree (Married or Unmarried)|
|Tiny Rubber Band||Bangles not allowed (only married can wear)|
|Mangal Sutra||Burka, Cap, Kurta-Pajama|
SSC CGL: List of Barred Items
Candidates are not allowed to bring the following list of items while coming to their allotted exam centres:
- Any stationery item such as bits of papers, textual material (written or printed), Pencil box/ Geometry, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Pen Drive, Writing Pad, Eraser, Log Table, Calculator, Scanner/ Electronic Pen etc.
- Any communication devices, for example, Bluetooth, Mobile Phone, Earphones, Pager, Microphone, Health Band etc.
- Any Watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, Bracelet, etc.
- Items such as Goggles, Wallets, Handbags, Cap, Belt etc.
- Any ornaments such as Earrings, Ring, Nose-pin, Pendants, Chain/Necklace, Badge, Brooch etc.
- Any food either opened or closed.
- Any metallic item or any other items that can be used for hiding Bluetooth devices, cameras, etc.
In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the centre, it will be considered as the use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions.APPLY NOWCHECK ELIGIBILITYGET UPDATES
SSC CGL Guidelines for COVID-19
As a precaution from the COVID-19 pandemic, candidates must follow the below-mentioned rule on the exam day:
- Avoid the crowd at the entry gate. For this reason, the SSC has specified the reporting time of each candidate separately.
- Candidates must maintain the specified social distancing.
- Every appearing candidate must wear a face mask and bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer. Everyone is required to bring a transparent water bottle and wear hand gloves.
- The temperature of candidates will be checked through thermal guns.
- At the registration desk, the photograph of the candidate will be captured. No thumb impression of candidates will be taken as precautionary measures.
- Every candidate will be led to their respective seat and adjustments will be made to maintain the social distance.
Being a candidate preparing for SSC CGL 2020-21, you might be aware that the SSC CGL Tier 2 is very important and should be prepared for, wisely. In an attempt to clear Tier 1 you must have started preparation meticulously. There are a lot of topics to prepare if we take all sections together English Language and Quantitative Aptitude. But mastering every topic is very important as every section has equal importance when it comes to Tier 2.
- Identify your strong & weak areas so you can improve on your weak areas
- Determine your speed and accuracy in every section
- Find the most comfortable order in which you can attempt the sections
- Strategize your time allocation per section
SSC CGL Shift Timing FAQs
The SSC CGL 2021 Tier 1 exam will be held from August 13-24, 2021.
The Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted Online, while the rest of the two tiers will be conducted offline.
Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks per wrong answer in SSC CGL Tier 1 exam.
Full form of SSC CGL is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam.
The Application fees of the SSC CGL Exam for the general category student is Rs. 100. Nevertheless, the reserved category candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
There are a total of four stages such as Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें