It is natural in wanting to land a job as soon as possible. That is why people who have set their hearts on an SSC CGL job, too often ask How to clear SSC CGL in the very first attempt. This is very much doable. With the right degree of determination, effort, and of course the right strategy, you can land your coveted job right away. Here a few guidelines that will help you.
The SSC CGL 2020 Exam notification is scheduled to be released anywhere in 2020 and without wasting any time you should get started with your preparations. For starting the studies, be it any examination, one needs to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, books & resources to refer to, a daily study plan, and a personalized preparation strategy so that the exam is cracked in the very first attempt.
- 1. SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 1
- 2. How to Score 185+ in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam? – Know Here
- 3. How to Clear SSC CGL 2020 In First Attempt
- SSC CGL 2020 – Preparation Resources
1. SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 1
Note: In this paper, there is a negative marking of 0.50 for every wrong answer. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I.
2. How to Score 185+ in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam? – Know Here
Tier 1 Score is extremely important as the marks that you score in each of the Tiers of SSC CGL are added to arrive at the final scores. If you score considerably high marks in the Tier 1 Exam, then it will give you an edge over your competitors. Going forward if you score a little less in any of the papers of Tier-II exam, nothing to worry then, your Tier I marks would take you through.
Here we would discuss a detailed strategy for Tier 1 of SSC CGL Exam 2020 in this blog. We would take up each of the sections asked in Tier I and go about understanding how to approach those in this limited time remaining with us.
2.1 English Comprehension
2.1.1 Grammar Based Questions
Oliveboard’s YouTube Channel for daily study.
Oliveboard’s SSC & RRB Express YouTube for dedicated SSC Content Videos.
Want To Attempt A Free SSC CGL Mock Test? Take A Free Mock Test Here
Pointers to be kept in mind:
- Give special emphasis on the previous years’ SSC papers. Solve the previous years’ SSC papers multiple times.
- Mock Tests will play a key role in your preparation. Do take up regular mock tests, attempt them as if you are attempting the real exam. Understand what kind of questions are being asked in Mock Tests and watch if you can attempt those questions in the time given.
- Devise your attempt strategy as to how much time is to be given to each of the sections.
- After taking up the Mock Tests, sit and understand your performance. The mock test analysis will give you the correct idea about your performance.
2.1.2 Vocabulary Based Questions
- These questions are very easy to attempt as these would take the least time to attempt but only if you know them. You can also take intelligent guesses but more or less you ought to know the answers to gain marks.
- And the only way to do this is to read daily and prepare for it regularly.
2.1.3 English Comprehension Based
- Read a lot. Read daily for at least 20 minutes. This will improve your reading speed as well as comprehension abilities.
2.2 General Awareness (Static + Dynamic)
Pointers to be kept in mind:
- Once you go through the books, read it very attentively. When you read it twice, try and make short notes of important points and facts. These will help you when you revise the same topics right before the exam.
2.3. Quantitative Aptitude
2.4 General Intelligence & Reasoning
3. How to Clear SSC CGL 2020 In First Attempt
1. Read the syllabus meticulously
Once you read the syllabus for all the tiers, you will get a rough idea of how you can go about preparing for the exam. Check out the pattern and syllabus online frequently because minor changes are often introduced.
If you are familiar with the syllabus, you will not study in excess and go off the track. When you glance at the syllabus, you will be able to tell right away where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Make a note of them.
2. Make a study plan
We can’t emphasize enough on how important it is to formulate a study schedule. Dedicate the bulk of your study-time to your weak points. Start your day with the daily schedule – be it for Maths, Reasoning, or English. And make sure you revise whatever you have learned when you end your study session. This way, the lessons, and information will be ingrained in your mind.
3. Opt for the right books
Unlike school, you will not be prescribed specific books. You will have to use your discretion regarding the best possible study books. There are a lot of publications that have come up with books on SSC CGL. Use the internet to research which books you need so that you don’t end up spending a fortune on the wrong books.
Also, you can hunt down excellent study material online from good sites.
4. Practice everyday
Cracking SSC CGL requires arduous effort. So be prepared to study 6-8 hours every day without any disruption.
Do not skip any segment no matter how easy you find it.
5. Solve practice papers
Once you have covered everything on the syllabus, it will be time to put your skills and knowledge to test. There are plenty of previous-year question papers available online. Try solving them. This will give you an idea about the state of your preparation. Keep doing practice papers every day to build your efficiency.
6. Sign up for Mock Tests
Mock tests play an instrumental role in your success in competitive exams. This is because these tests are close to the level of the real exam. There will be a time just like the entrance exam and you will be under the same pressure. So this will give you a hint of what the real exam will be like. So you can figure out how you are performing under stress and how much time each segment is taking up. Based on the results and feedback, you can tweak your strategy and work at those segments that are troubling you.
7. Learn to cope with stress
Preparing for SSC CGL is no child’s play. You will be under a lot of stress and anxiety. But they are not conducive to smart study. Anxiety can make you freeze on the day of the exam. So you have to manage stress. Here are a few tips that will help-
- Find a hobby and let it take your mind off the worries and anxiety
- Practise meditation and yoga
- Work-out every day
- Eat healthily
8. Revise rigorously
Plan your study in a way that you complete the entire syllabus at least 3 months before the exam. In those three months leading up to the exam, revise and practice again and again.
If you are wondering how to clear SSC CGL with your very first try, you should stick to these techniques.
This was all from us in this blog. If you follow the topics, resources, and strategy given in here, we are sure that you would also be able to score 185+ marks out of 200 in SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 Exam. Do read the tips given below to successfully clear the exam in your very first attempt.
SSC CGL 2020 – Preparation Resources
Check out what all you get:
- 30 Mock Tests (in Hindi & English) in New Pattern with Detailed Solutions for SSC CGL Tier 1
- 20 Mock Tests (10 Quant, 10 English) with Detailed Solutions for SSC CGL Tier 2
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplements
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here