Table of Contents
SSC JSO Salary 2023
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) hires people for various positions in government ministries and the government itself. Every year, millions of people apply for the many vacancies advertised by the SSC CGL. Among all the jobs, the statistical investigator position is one of the most desired, with thousands of applicants preparing for it. Candidates must be committed and persevering to be considered for the role. Thus they must understand the SSC JSO Salary & SSC JSO Job Profile.
SSC JSO Salary Structure
The salary breakdown for a Statistical Investigator is provided below. Candidates who are prepared for the examination should review the facts to grasp the job description and salary offered.
|Pay Band 2||Rs. 9,300-34,800|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4,200|
|Initial Salary||Rs. 30,000|
|Allowances||House Rent Allowance (HRA) (Only when housing quarters are not provided)|
Transport Allowance (TA)
Dearness Allowance (DA) on total pay above
Limited mobile bill
Now that we have the Statistical Investigator Salary specifics, we can concentrate on the work environment and career advancement.
SSC JSO Career Path And Opportunities
Selected candidates for the Statistical Officer profile in the Subordinate Statistical Service (SSS) Cadre join as junior officers and assume responsibility for the offices to which they are assigned. Statistical Investigators can advance to the rank of Senior Statistical Officer (Group B – Gazetted) after five to eight years of service.
A Statistical Investigator’s professional advancement and development might take the following paths.
- Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)
- Senior Statistical Officer (SSO)
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
- Deputy Director-General
- Additional Director General
When a JSO advances to the rank of SSO, he or she becomes a Gazetted Officer. Roles and duties will grow in importance as the career graph progresses. The promotion policy is structured around seniority and experience.
SSC JSO Work Environment
The Statistical Investigator (Grade II) position is an all-India one, and officers can be posted anywhere in India based on the needs of the departments.
The National Sample Survey Office handles about 80% of the total number of individuals selected for the JSO profile (NSSO). The remainder is assigned to various Ministries/Departments/Organisations under the Union Government.
Work might be demanding and detail-oriented depending on the job description, as stated below, or it can require doing clerical activities if allocated to ministries.
SSC JSO Job Profile
Under the scope of SSC CGL Junior Statistical Officers, the SSC Statistical Investigator Grade-II position provides one of the most attractive Central Government job prospects in our nation (JSO). Approximately 70% of job ads for applicants are begun by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), with the remainder placed on various departments of ministries and organizations affiliated with the Union Government. Let us look at the SSC CGL Statistical
Investigator Job Profile in-depth, with applicants assigned the following tasks:
- Data Processing: Officers who are eligible for the desk job will be overseen by NSSO, who will be assigned to non-FOD positions. Statistical officers will be responsible for a plethora of clerical desk activities in the preparation of comprehensive statistical data reports for a variety of government organizations and ministry divisions. Officers generating the data will be utilized to get critical information updates on the same divisions inside the Government of India.
- Data Collection: Officers assigned to this practical position will be overseen by the Fields Operation Division (FOD) of the NSSO. Statistical investigators will be undertaking a plethora of intense field responsibilities, such as conducting multiple data-collecting surveys on issues such as socioeconomic determinants, government resources, and other urban survey characteristics, as well as price indexes.
Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) Posting
This post has two sorts of posting:
1. Office Duty (Ministerial): All forms of clerical labor such as noting, drafting, and dispatching papers, as well as data entry, analysis, tabulation, compiling and editing data, data encoding, and so on.
2. FOD (Field Operations Division) Duty (Non-ministerial): FOD is in charge of conducting surveys in the fields of socio-economics, industrial statistics, agricultural statistics, and prices, among other things. This is essentially a field position. You must visit the field frequently, perhaps for several days at a time. JSO is entitled to several perks while on the job.
Post Assigned To Statistical Investigator
Applicants who are chosen for this position will be classified as Group ‘B’ Junior Statistical Officers (JSO) in the Subordinate Statistical Service (SSS). The position is officially advertised by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation.
|Group ‘B’||Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation||Subordinate Statistical Service (SSS)|
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding of the SSC JSO Salary 2023. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- Over 10,000 Claims Accepted Under Vivad se Vishwas – I Scheme
- NABARD Grade A Admit Card 2023, Check Admit Card Release Date
- Minister Chandrasekhar at “South-South Knowledge Sharing Series”
- Institutional Financing Agencies Ebook for NABARD Grade A, Check
- NABARD Grade A Agriculture Notification 2023 Out – Download Notification PDF
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC JSO Salary 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. As previously stated, the employee’s base monthly compensation is Rs. 30,000.
Ans. The respected office of the Director-General is the greatest level you may achieve.
Ans. Employees are mostly in charge of data processing and data collection.
Ans. The workers’ job title is Junior Statistical Officers(JSO).
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.