Read the inspiring success story of Harsh Anand, who has cleared these two exams after six attempts. He says he had always been a lazy boy, so during his preparation he always looked for shortcuts to cover things.
Table of Contents
Inspiring Success Story of Harsh Anand
Hi, I am Harsh and I’m from Prayagraj. I have been selected as Officer Scale 1 in IBPS RRB PO 2020 and as Office Assistant in RRB Clerk 2020. I completed my B. Tech in 2018 and worked in a private company for 6 months. After that, I turned my focus towards getting a Govt job so I started preparing for Bank and SSC in 2019.
Banking Exam Harsh Appeared –
- IBPS PO 2019 Interview (Not cleared)
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains (Not cleared)
- SBI Clerk 2020 Mains (Not cleared)
- SBI PO 2020 Interview (Not cleared)
- SSC CGL Tier 3 (Result awaiting)
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Result awaiting)
- IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 (Cleared)*
- IBPS RRB PO 2020 (Cleared)*
Harsh’s Preparation Learnings and Tips
To be honest, I’ve always been a lazy student who never took his study seriously so I have always found ways to do my tasks or learn and understand things through shortcuts. And I did the same for my banking preparation. I didn’t join any coaching for my banking and SSC preparation and my whole preparation was from free classes on YouTube. Trust me there’s a lot of content out there online for free, you just have to follow any one of them religiously. When I started preparing for IBPS and SBI, I was fairly new to this world of banking as I have a technical background so I had to really work on many things.
For Prelims, I gave all my tests for all exams on one particular website, and it really helped me achieve a certain speed and accuracy at an early stage. I’m from the ICSE board, so my English is average, so I didn’t study English separately and just practiced it in mock tests. And lastly, for my Interview, I joined an online free course on YouTube for interview preparation. Their mock tests and interview sessions helped build my confidence and allowed me to perform well in the interview.
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- BOLT – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | For Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams
- SBI Clerk Mains BOLT 2021 | 600+ Current Affairs MCQs
Role of Oliveboard in Harash’s Success
After I started clearing Prelims I switched to Oliveboard for the Mains test series. I checked many test series before finally switching to Oliveboard, and trust me Oliveboard’s test series are the closest to the actual exam level. For Banking Awareness and Current affairs, I prepared the last 6 months from Monthly Bolt of Oliveboard and one other source. Oliveboard’s Instagram page has also proven very helpful as it regularly posts various banking and current affairs-related topics in a very short format so I learned 5-6 topics from there daily.
Tips To Aspirants From Harsh
My tip for aspirants is to study smartly. It’s important to know that we’re not preparing for UPSC civil services examinations. Do not spend a lot of time learning a particular topic. Mock tests are the KEY, be it prelims, mains, or interview.
More Success Stories
- Interview with Ganesh Nagarsekar who cracked CAT at first attempt with 99.89%ile
- Pather Panchali: My Journey to SBI PO
- 8 Most Successful Indian Women In Banking : A Source Of Inspiration For All