Read the success story of Saajan, a B.A. graduate who has appeared in 4 competitive exams and cleared all of them in a single go. With the right strategy in-hand, he made this possible. He says, one should not panic in the examination, because the more you are relaxed, the more are the chances of getting good marks.
- 1. Inspiring Success Story of Saajan Kumar
- 2. Saajan’s Section-wise Preparation Strategy
- 3. How Oliveboard helped Saajan Succeed?
- 4. Few Tips To Aspirants
1. Inspiring Success Story of Saajan Kumar
Hello, My name is Saajan Kumar, born and brought up in Abohar, Punjab. I did a Bachelor of Arts( B.A.) from Post Graduate Government College, Chandigarh.
IDBI Assistant manager
SBI Junior Associate (pre 96.25/100, mains 111.25/200)
SBI PO ( pre 82.5/100, final 50.41/100)
And I have appeared in only four competitive exams so far.
2. Saajan’s Section-wise Preparation Strategy
2.1 Quant Section Preparation Strategy
First, clear the basics. Understand the concepts. Learn all the rules, formulas, tables, cubes, and squares. For which I took help from youtube channels like Oliveboard. Then go for mock tests. Practice as much as you can.
2.2 English Section Preparation Strategy
English was always difficult for me as I completed my schooling from the Hindi medium. I tried to learn the grammar rules. But there are so many rules. You can’t learn all the rules and apply them in a 1-hour exam. So I took a different approach. I started reading newspapers, books, and watching movies in English.
I made it a habit to learn at least 15 vocabs daily. I used to attempt 2 mini quizzes every day. And that strategy helped me to clear this section with really good marks.
2.3 Reasoning Section Preparation Strategy
Again, first, learn the basics and then go for mock tests. Try to solve new types of puzzles for which I used to search puzzles on Google and then solve those puzzles. And Oliveboard also provides you with a good number of puzzles. One thing which is very important in reasoning is to select the right type of questions and that comes with practice.
2.4 GA Section Preparation Strategy
This section needs a variety of platforms as I prepared from monthly chronicle magazines and various youtube channels.
Prepare Current Affairs With Oliveboard’s Month BOLT:
2.5 His Tips For GD & Interview
For group discussion – read newspapers for the latest news and some important topics related to banking. The main purpose of the GD round is to know whether you can present your views in front of people. So be relaxed.
For interview: I would advise you to be yourself. You should know about your place of living, the subjects that you have studied, about your job if you have done any. The interview is just a meeting where some people would like to know about you, so don’t worry.
Learn all the basics of banking terms.
3. How Oliveboard helped Saajan Succeed?
I took a complete package of the Oliveboard test series where I got numerous mock tests. Oliveboard helped me to tackle the tricky and lengthy questions of SBI PO mains. I used to attempt at least one mock test on every alternate day.
Frankly speaking, the mains level Oliveboard mock test is not at all easy. Personally, I felt that those tests were even more difficult than the actual SBI PO mains exam but those mock tests vanished my fear of attempting mains level questions and helped me to clear the mains of the SBI PO exam.
4. Few Tips To Aspirants
- Try to attempt as many mock tests as you can.
- Not just attempt a mock test but also analyze it and try to know about your weaknesses and strengths.
- Believe in yourself and don’t let others discourage you.
- Most importantly don’t panic during the exam because the more you are relaxed, the more are the chances of getting good marks.
So, Best of luck to all of you for your future endeavors. And I hope and wish that you will achieve your goals very soon.
That brings us to the end of this article. Success Story of Saajan Kumar is a true example of how your dedication and hard work will take you places you have aspired and worked for.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test