Here we are back with the daily sports news to help you with the daily events taking place in sports. Read the latest and most highlighted sports news of the day and be updated with the daily events in sports, which is also important from exam point of view. This can be very helpful when it comes to preparing for different bank and government exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, SSC CPO, RBI Grade B. Here are Top 5 Sports News 16 October 2019 which will eventually help you in acing the Exam. For more advanced exam practice, live video sessions, and live practice sessions, join Oliveboard Edge.
Top 5 Sports News 16 October 2019
Bahrain International Series Badminton
- Priyanshu Rajawat won the men’s singles title at the Bahrain International Series Badminton.
- He defeated Jason Anthony Ho-Shue from Canada in the finals.
CCI3*S(Concours Complet International)
- Fouaad Mirza won gold in the CCI3*S(Concours Complet International), an Olympic Qualifying event, held in Strzegom, Poland.
Brigid Kosgei Set a New World Record
- Brigid Kosgei of Kenya broke the world record in the women’s marathon.
- Kosgei broke the world record with a record time of 2:14:04 hours earlier which was 2:15:25 hours.
- The previous record was set by Great Britain’s Paula Radcliffe.
- This record was undisturbed for 16 years.
- Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu enters women pre-quarterfinals at Denmark Open.
- PV Sindhu defeated Gregoria Tunjung by 22-20, 21-18.
- Parupalli Kashyap lost 13-21, 12-21 to Thailand’s Sitthikom Thammasin in 1st round.
Miscellaneous Sports News
- Daniil Medvedev lifted his second masters 1000 title at the ATP(Association of Tennis Professionals) Tour. This was Medvedev’s 9th straight-set victory.
- Lalitha Prasad Polipalli: Indian Boxer who overcome depression successfully defended his 52 kg National Title by winning gold at the Nationals.
This was all in today’s Blog for Top 5 Sports News 16 October 2019. Stay tuned with Oliveboard to know the latest news on sports.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook