Uttarakhand Subordinate Service Selection Commission (UKSSSC) has invited online applications from the citizens of India for recruitment to the regular posts of Village Development Officer (VDO) on November 06 2020. The post code for the post of Village Development Officer is 190/101 to 190/113. The selection for the post of UKSSSC VDO will be done via an written test. A candidate needs to be a graduate from a recognized board to be eligible for this exam.
Since the candidates will be working under the Uttarakhand Government, they will receive a handsome salary with numerous perks and benefits. In this article we will discuss the UKSSSC VDO job profile, salary with other perks and benefits.
UKSSSC VDO Job Profile:
Village Development Officer (VDO) is a state government employee who is responsible for the overall development of a village. He/she is an administrative officer. The VDO has to work for the village with the Gram Pradhan and various responsibilities come along with this post. UKSSSC VDO job profile comprises of various duties which are mentioned below:
- The Gram Pradhan being the representative of the village figures out all the problems of the village and report it to the VDO. The VDO is responsible for finding the solutions of such problems.
- A VDO must look after the proper implementation of the rural development programmes and commissions initiated by the state as well as the central government.
- A VDO must communicate with the senior officers at the Taluka and District level for better implementation of various development programmes.
- Along with it he/she must be ready to face any kind of obstacles that may arise in the implementation of rural development plans.
- A VDO must get the villagers involved in different community and entrepreneurial activities.
- A VDO must ensure that all the villagers are getting benefited with the various rural development schemes which are implemented to make the villagers’ lives better.
- A VDO must look after the sanitation of the village, improving water security, manure storing, energisation of street lights, betterment of rural roads, solid waste management systems etc.
- A VDO must keep records of agricultural crops and changes in agriculture which is
- the backbone of the village economy. Along with it he/she should be making efforts for the development of industries and commerce.
UKSSSC VDO Salary Structure 2020:
After completing all the steps of the selection process, those candidates who will be selected for the Post of UKSSSC VDO 2020 will be paid a salary according to the 7th Pay Commission. The salary structure for the post of Village Panchayat Development Officer includes various benefits and perks besides the basic pay.
Name of the post: Village Development Officer
Pay Grade : Level 4
Pay Scale : Rs. 25500 to Rs. 81000
Form of the post : Permanent and Non – Gazetted with the new Contributory Pension Scheme.
UKSSSC VPDO Probation Period:
The average probation period for the post of VDO is of two years. During this probation period, candidates are not provided with any benefits or perks but only the basic pay. On the successful completion of this probation period, the candidates will receive handsome benefits and perks, along with the in-hand salary. These allowances are revised each year by the UKSSSC, depending on any
promotions and the output provided by the candidates.
UKSSSC VDO benefits and perks 2020:
Dearness Allowance: Dearness Allowance is paid by the government to offset the
impact of inflation as the effective salary of government employees requires constant enhancement to help them cope up with the increasing prices of goods and services to maintain their standard of living.
House Rent Allowance: It means the component of salary received towards the rent payment and it is allowed as a deduction from taxable salary. The costs incurred are taken care of by the Government.
Travelling Allowance: It is an allowance given to meet commuting expenses.
Along with these allowances some other perks like leaves, paid holidays, travel
concessions, incentives, medical facilities, health insurance etc. are given.
UKSSSC VDO Career Growth and Promotion:
All the candidates working under the government have steady career growth. VDO is first promoted to ADO after working for 12 to 13 years. After working as an ADO for 8 to 9 years they can be promoted to Block Development Officer (BDO).
That is all from our side in this blog. Good Luck!!
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now