Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the recruitment notification for the appointment of civil judges. Candidates who match the above criteria are eligible to apply for the civil judge positions. We will be providing you with the complete information regarding the UP Judiciary Syllabus and Exam Pattern here.
Table of Contents
- UP Judiciary Exam Pattern 2021:
- UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021:
- UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Preliminary Exam
- UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Mains Exam
- UP Judiciary 2021: Preparation Tips
- UP Judiciary 2021: Preparation Books
UP Judiciary Exam Pattern 2021:
The candidates applying for UP Judiciary Exam need to know the syllabus of the exam to start preparing for upcoming exams. But before going through the syllabus, candidates must know the exam pattern of the UP Judiciary Exam.
There will be two stages of the exam:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
UP Judiciary 2021: Preliminary Exam Papers
The UP Judiciary Exam will be divided into two parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2 which are:
- General Knowledge
UP Judiciary 2021: Mains Exam Papers
The UP Judiciary Mains Exam is divided into five papers, which are:
- General Knowledge
- Law-1 i.e (Substantive Law)
- Law-2 i.e ( Procedure and evidence)
- Law-3 i.e (Penal, Revenue, and Local laws)
UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021:
We have provided the UP Judiciary Syllabus for both the prelims and mains exams below.
UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Preliminary Exam
Paper 1: General Knowledge
Let us have a look at the detailed UP Judiciary Preliminary Exam Paper 1 Syllabus.
- Indian Politics
- Indian History and Culture
- Indian Economics
- Indian Geography
- India and World
- Indian Current Affairs
- International Organizations
- International Affairs
- Information Technology
- Science and Technology
Paper 2: Law
The following are the key themes in the Law subject that you should study to improve your UP Judiciary Preliminary Exam preparation.
- Indian Constitution
- Civil Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- International Organizations
- Current International Affairs
- Transfer of Property Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021: Mains Exam
The Mains question paper for the UP Judiciary Exam comprises five papers: one paper on general knowledge, one language paper, and three papers on law.
Paper 1- General Knowledge
- Indian History
- Indian Politics and Indian Geography
- Indian and the world
- Indian Culture
- Development in the field of Science and Technology
- Current National Issues
- Economy of India
- International affairs and Institutions
- Space and Communication
- Social Relevance Topics
To pass the mains test, candidates must first pass the Paper-II exam. The applicants were mostly assessed in both Hindi and English in paper II. The protocol is outlined here, as well as questions and marks for each topic.
This paper will be graded on a scale of 100 points. To go above the cut-off mark, candidates must score well.
|English Essay Writing||60 marks|
|English Préci writing||60 marks|
|Hindi to English passage translation||40 marks|
|English to Hindi passage translation||40 marks|
Paper 3- Law 1-(Substantive Law)
- The law of contracts
- The law of Partnership
- The law concerning easements and torts
- The Law relating to the transfer of property
- The principal of Equity
- Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law
- Constitutional Law
Note: There will be 50-point questions on Constitutional Law alone.
Paper 4- Law 2 -(Procedure and evidence)
- The law of evidence
- The Criminal Procedure Code
- The Code of Civil Procedure
Paper 5- Law 3- (Penal, Revenue, and Local laws)
- Indian Penal Code
- The Uttar Pradesh Zamindari Abolition
- Urban Buildings Act
- 1972 Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act
- U.P. Panchayat Raj Act
- U.P. Consolidation of Holding Act 1953
- Uttar Pradesh Urban Act 1973
UP Judiciary 2021: Preparation Tips
Candidates preparing for the UP Judiciary Exam should plan ahead of time to cover the entire syllabus before the UP Judiciary Exam Date. We have provided preparation tips below that will assist you in completing the UP Judiciary Syllabus on time.
- Before you begin studying for the exam, make sure you understand the entire structure of the UP Judiciary Syllabus and Exam Pattern. This will provide you with a complete picture of the exam and the questions that will be asked.
- For exam preparation, look up the best and most popular books on the internet or seek guidance from your mentors.
- After going through the UPPSC Judiciary Syllabus 2021, obtaining study materials and previous year’s question papers will be of great help.
- Have a schedule with you that covers all of the topics and syllabus timely.
- It is recommended to cover the difficult topics first, then move on to the easy ones. Keep in mind that if you don’t understand a topic, you can skip ahead to the next one. With the help of teachers and mentors, you can cover the uncovered topics in your free time.
- Self-assessment is very important. Solve the previous year’s UP Judiciary Question papers to get a better understanding of the UP Judiciary Syllabus 2021. This will assist you in determining the difficulty level of the question paper as well as the problematic topics in the syllabus.
- Candidates can learn about the exam’s difficulty level by taking mock tests regularly. Mock tests are available both online and offline. Numerous websites provide free online mock tests.
- Regularly jot down points in your notebook, and it will be very easy for you to prepare quickly at the last minute of the exam.
UP Judiciary 2021: Preparation Books
Candidates are frantically looking for books to help them prepare for the UP Judiciary Exam, but they are unsure which books are best. We’ve detailed instructions for them below.
- Manorama Year Book
This book covers a wide range of subjects, including awards, books, sports, history, literature, the environment, medicine, science, and more.
- Guide to Up Judicial Service
This is a popular book that covers a wide range of topics, including general knowledge and law, and is divided into two sections.
UP Judiciary Service Exam has three stages which are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview.
The prelims exam consists of two papers, while the main exam will consist of five papers.
- Bail in Case of Non-Bailable Offence
- Important Judgements For Judicial Services Examination
- Article 21: Important Judicial Decisions On Different Dimensions Of Article 21
- UP Judiciary Salary & Job Profile- Salary Structure, Stability, Promotion
- UP Judiciary Vacancy: Overview, Eligibility Criteria, Application Process