‘General Awareness’ is one of the scoring sections asked in competitive exams because the questions are direct and factual. Majority of questions in this section are based on Current Affairs, making it crucial to update it regularly. To help you do that Oliveboard provides daily, weekly as well as monthly current affairs updates to keep your prep on track. But we know that practising is as important as preparing it, hence, we have come up with Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Series where you get to brush up the weekly news by practising a few questions around it. Here’s the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Jan 3 for the past two weeks:
- Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Jan 3
- Q. 1. General Bipin Rawat appointed as the first Chief of Defence Staff, He will be the single-point military adviser to the government as suggested by the Kargil Review Committee under the chairmanship of _______
- Knowledge Punch:
- Q.2. Good Governance Index was launched by which minister?
- Q.3. State Bank of India has launched a new OTP-based ATM cash withdrawal system from 1st January 2020, for transactions above ______
- Knowledge Punch: Facility will be available for transactions above Rs 10,000 between 8 pm and 8 am.
- Q.4. The Reserve Bank of India has notified to the banks to keep their maximum stakes in the insurance company up to _____?
- Q.5. India’s first university for transgender community has opened in which state?
- Q.6. Which of the following Insurance company has launched #PooraPlan, complete family protection?
- Q.7. MyGov is a citizen engagement platform founded by Government of India, it has reached how many registered users till 31st December 2019?
- Q.8. Central Repository of Information on Large Credits maintains by ______
- Q.9. On 28th December 2019, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed large cooperative banks to report all exposures of ________ rupees.
- Q.10. Which of the following company has received environment clearance for carrying out onshore exploration, development and production of oil and gas in 100 locations in non-forest area of Assam?
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Jan 3
a) K. K. Hazari
b) Amit Shah
c) Ajit Kumar Doval
d) Brajesh Mishra
e) K. Subrahmanyam
- He will be a Four-star General.
- Not eligible to hold any Government office after demitting the office of CDS.
- No private employment without prior approval for a period of five years after demitting the office of CDS.
Q.2. Good Governance Index was launched by which minister?
a) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Human Resource Development
d) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
e) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
|#||Big States||NE & Hill||UTs|
|1||Tamil Nadu||Himachal Pradesh||Pondicherry|
|4||Chhattisgarh||Mizoram||Daman & Diu|
|5||Andhra Pradesh||Sikkim||A&N Islands|
a) ₹ 500
b) ₹ 1000
c) ₹ 5000
d) ₹ 10,000
e) No minimum amount
Knowledge Punch: Facility will be available for transactions above Rs 10,000 between 8 pm and 8 am.
a) 25 %
b) 30 %
c) 49 %
d) 51 %
e) 75 %
- The holding limit will be 50% for non-banking financial companies such as Housing Development Finance Corp.
- The new RBI rule, which is likely to come into effect sometime in fiscal 2021.
Q.5. India’s first university for transgender community has opened in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
- Fazilnagar block of Kushinagar district, Uttar Pradesh to facilitate its members to study right from class one to PG and even do research and get PhD degree.
- Built by the Akhil Bhartiya Kinnar Siksha Seva Trust (All-India transgender education service trust).
Q.6. Which of the following Insurance company has launched #PooraPlan, complete family protection?
a) SBI Life
b) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
c) Kotak Life
d) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
e) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Kotak Life’s #PooraPlan provides complete family protection that not only covers Life but also Critical Illnesses & Disabilities of the insured.
- Chairman: Uday Kotak
- Mr G Murlidhar, MD, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance
a) 1 Crore
b) 5 Crore
c) 10 Crore
d) 28 Crore
e) 78 Crore
- Five years ago, on July 26, 2014, @mygovindia began its journey
- It is aimed at creating a common platform for Indian citizens to “crowdsource governance ideas from citizens“
- National Informatics Centre is an attached office under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Q.8. Central Repository of Information on Large Credits maintains by ______
c) Indian Bank Association
d) Exim Bank
e) Finance Ministry
RBI has constituted a Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC) to collect, store, and publish data on all borrowers’ credit exposures.
a) 1 Crore
b) 5 Crore
c) 10 Crore
d) 50 Crore
e) 100 Crore
- RBI directs large co-operative banks to report exposures above Rs 5 cr
- To start with, UCBs will be required to submit CRILC report on a quarterly basis with effect from December 31, 2019
a) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
b) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
c) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
d) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
e) Gas Authority of India Limited
- It will be an investment of Rs 3,500 crore
- HQ: New Delhi II Chairman: Shashi Shanker
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
That’s all from us in the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Jan 3. Watch the GA Genius Video by Aditya Sir provided below to know about these current events in detail.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our Telegram page for discussion and study materials
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here