‘General Awareness’ is one of the scoring sections asked in competitive exams because the questions are direct and factual. Majority of questions in this section are based on Current Affairs, making it crucial to update it regularly. To help you do that Oliveboard provides daily, weekly as well as monthly current affairs updates to keep your prep on track. But we know that practising is as important as preparing it, hence, we have come up with Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Series where you get to brush up the weekly news by practising a few questions around it. Here’s the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2020 – Jan 4 to Jan 10 for the past two weeks:
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2020 – Jan 4 to Jan 10
Q.1. How many charging stations sanctioned by the government for setting up in 62 cities across 24 states and union territories under the FAME India scheme?
- It will encourage original equipment manufacturers to launch new electric vehicle models.
- Allocation: ₹10,000 crore has been made for three years till 2022
Q.2. Government of India on 8th January 2020, issued a travel advisory, asking citizens to avoid non-essential travel to which Nation?
e) South Arabia
- Indian nationals residing in Iraq are advised to be alert and may avoid travel within Iraq.
Q.3. ISRO has a plan to establish its 2nd launch port in which city?
- The Gaganyaan mission is targeted to be launched by 2022.
- Chandrayaan 3 mission to the moon, comprising of a lander and a rover is approved by the Government
Q.4. Which of the following has launched a Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System?
a) Election Commission of India
b) Delhi Government
c) NITI Aayog
d) Home Ministry
e) Planning Commission
Q.5. National Ice Hockey Championship 2020 started in which city?
Q.6. U C Embalo has become President of which country?
c) South Africa
- Capital: Bissau
- Currency: West African CFA franc
- Prime Minister: Baciro Djá
Q.7. Who appointed as the deputy CEO of Walmart India?
a) David Paul
b) Krish Iyer
c) C K Kumaravel
d) Sameer Agrawal
e) KM Reddy
- Krish Iyer: Walmart India’s President & CEO
- Doug McMillon: Walmart Inc Ceo
Q.8. In which state, cyber department and district level police across the state will be conducting a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ campaign in over 100 schools and colleges?
c) Tamil Nadu
- The campaign commenced on the birth anniversary of Savitribai Phule, a social reformer, educationist, and regarded as the first female teacher of India.
- Governor of Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Q.9. Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman will be conferred by which Ministry?
a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Ministry of AYUSH
d) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
e) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting: Prakash Javadekar
- Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting: Ravi Mittal
Q.10. What is the name of train started by Indian Railways comprising all-new Vista dome coaches, it runs between Kalka railway station to Shimla in Himachal Pradesh?
a) Himsagar Express
b) Vivek Express
c) Dalhousie Express
d) Sutlej Express
e) Him Darshan Express
- Passenger travelling in Him Darshan Express will enjoy the beautiful scenic view of the Himalayas as the train will have Vistadome AC coaches with glass roof.
- Train will run till December 24, 2020.
- The first Vistadome Coach was commissioned by the Ministry of Railways on the Vishakhapatnam – Araku Valley Route in April 2017.
Q.11. Indian Space Research Organisation has proposed to develop the Human Space Flight Centre at which place?
a) Hyderabad, Telangana
b) Chitradurga, Karnataka
c) Bangalore, Karnataka
d) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
e) Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Space Research Organisation has proposed the Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) at Challakere (चल्लके रे ) in Chitradurga district of Karnataka.
- ₹ 2,700-crore master plan to create top infrastructure that will house its young
Q.12. Which state is going to inaugurate a first-of-its-kind rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles in January 2020?
b) Tamil Nadu
e) West Bengal
- Bhagalpur forest division, Bihar
- It will be able to shelter 500 turtles at a time.
Q.13. Which of the following film won Best Film Award in Drama category in the Golden Globe 2020 Awards?
a) Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
c) Marriage Story
- Best Director: Sam Mendes
- Best film – drama: 1917
Q.14. Which Small finance bank recently has waived non-maintenance charges on all savings account?
a) Equitas Small Finance Bank
b) Jana Small Finance Bank
c) AU Small Finance Bank
d) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
e) Capital Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank offers up to 7.5% interest on a savings account.
- For FD, the bank gives up to 8.25% p.a. to general customers and senior citizens would receive an additional benefit of 60 basis points making it to 8.85% per annum.
- HQ: Chennai
- MD & CEO: Mr Vasudevan
Q.15. Which edition of New Delhi World Book Fair in 2020 inaugurated recently?
- Inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nisank’.
- Theme of New Delhi World Book Fair 2020 is GANDHI: WRITERS’ WRITER.
Q.16. NLC India plans to raise how much amount by issuing commercial paper in the Market?
a) 500 Crore
b) 1000 Crore
c) 2000 Crore
d) 2500 Crore
e) 4000 Crore
- HQ: Neyveli, Tamil Nadu
- Chairman: RAKESH KUMAR
- It was incorporated in 1956
Q.17. Which Bank has been adjudged as the winner in the ‘Innovation and Inclusiveness in Priority Sector Lending’ in the ’16th Inclusive Finance Summit’ organized in New Delhi?
a) Corporation Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) Bank of Baroda
d) HDFC Bank
e) Punjab National Bank
- HDFC Bank Receives Award for Remarkable Contribution towards Rural India.
- Mr Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Chief Economic Advisor to the Govt. of India.
- This is the 2nd consecutive year that the bank has been recognized with the honour.
Q.18. Who has won the 2020 Global Child Prodigy Awards?
a) Sucheta Satish
b) Anjana Mirta
c) Deepika Alwar
d) Roma Singh
e) Shivagni Tripathi
- Dubai-based Indian girl Sucheta Satish, who can sing in 120 languages, won the Global Child Prodigy Awards 2020.
- The award recognized her twin world records for singing in most languages during one concert and the longest live singing concert by a child.
- During the concert, she sang in 102 languages over 6.15 hours.
Q.19. Which Nation has recently introduced a multiple-entry visa scheme valid for five years for all Nationalities?
- Aim of turning the Gulf state into a tourism hub.
- UAE Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Capita: Abu Dhabi, Currency: dirham
- Dubai in the UAE will host the 2020 World Expo exhibition, held from October 2020 to April 2021
- Theme slogan “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”
Q.20. Which of the following has become the first urban cooperative bank that has been granted ‘in-principle’ permission to convert into a small finance bank by the Reserve Bank of India?
a) Shivalik Mercantile Cooperative Bank
b) Solapur Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd
c) Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank Ltd
d) Apna Sahakari Bank Ltd
e) Bharati Sahakari Bank Limited
- Multi-state Cooperative Societies Act 2002 and operates through 31 branches across Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- The bank has two headquarters, one in Saharanpur and another in Noida.
Q.21. To boost the production of signature Patola Saree, Khadi and Village Industries Commission has opened its first Silk processing plant in which state?
e) Uttar Pradesh
- The KVIC launched its first Silk Processing Plant at Surendranagar.
- The aim is to boost the production of signature Patola Saree and create livelihoods for women
- The cost of the plant is Rs.75 lakh
Q.22. P Magesh Chandran is related to which game?
a) Table Tennis
- India’s P Magesh Chandran (GM: 2006) lifted the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England
- Won over G A Stany, also a Grand Master
Q.23. International Braille Day, every year observed on?
a) 2 Jan
b) 3 Jan
c) 4 Jan
d) 5 Jan
e) 8 Jan
- The day is marked remembering the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, the inventor of Braille – for people with visual disabilities.
- Louis Braille was born on 4th January 1809 in northern France.
Q.24. Indian Army is to sign an MoU with which nation for the procurement of over 7.5 lakh AK-203 assault rifles?
Q.25. Indo-Russia Rifles Private Limited is a rifle-manufacturing facility situated in which state?
e) Uttar Pradesh
- Korwa, Amethi district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Ordnance Factories Board (50.5% equity) from the Indian side, and Rosoboron Exports and Kalashnikov (49.5%) on the Russian side.
Q.26. Which of the following film won Best Film Award in Musical or Comedy category in the Golden Globe 2020 Awards?
a) Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
c) Marriage Story
- Director: Quentin Tarantino
Q.27. Triloki Nath Chaturvedi ji recently passed away, he is the former Governor of which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India from 1984 to 1989
- In 1991, he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan.
- He also served as the Governor of Kerala from 25 February 2004, following the death of Sikander Bakht, until June 2004
Q.28. Government of India recently announced first Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman. The winners were selected by a 6-member jury, Who is the head of Jury?
a) Ajit Kumar
b) C. K. Prasad
c) Ravi Mittal
d) C. Sugandh Rajaram
e) Dr Monisha Ghosh
- Headed by Justice C. K. Prasad, Chairman, Press Council of India
- 11 Awards to be conferred: Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Newspapers
- 8 Awards to be conferred: Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Television
- 11 Awards will be given for Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Radio
Q.29. 12th edition of Naseem-Al- Bahar is the bilateral naval exercise between India and?
b) South Arabia
- Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) ships RNOV Al Rasikh and RNOV Khasab arrived at Mormugao Port, Goa.
- Naseem-Al-Bahr ( Sea Breeze) is being conducted since 1993
- Between the Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Oma
- Oman Capital: Muscat, Currency: Rial
- Admiral Karambir Singh: Chief of the Naval Staff
Q.30. Which Indian state is organising Zo Kutpui (festival) in countries such as the US, Myanmar and Bangladesh and 10 states across India?
d) West Bengal
- The aim of the celebration of the Zo Festival is to reunify and strengthen the brotherhood among different tribes of Mizo.
- State formed: 20 February 1987
- Governor: P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
- Chief Minister: Zoramthanga
- Capital: Aizawl
Q.31. 1st edition of Khelo India University Games from Feb 22 to March 1 is going to held at which place?
a) Guwahati, Assam
b) Pune, Maharashtra
c) New Delhi, Delhi
d) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
e) None of these
Khelo India Youth Games
|Edition & Year||Host||First Position||Second Position|
|3rd: 2020||Guwahati, Assam|
Q.32. Future Retail Ltd with which e-commerce company has signed two agreements focusing on key categories like grocery and general merchandise, and fashion and footwear?
Kishore Biyani, Chairman and Managing Director of Future Retail Ltd Amazon India CEO: Amit Agarwal
Q. 33. Which of the following was recently appointed as Advisor to the Lt Governor of Jammu-Kashmir?
a) Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar
b) K Durga Prasad
c) Umang Narula
d) Deepak Kumar
e) Amit Singh Razawat
- G C Murmu, an IAS officer, is the LG of Jammu Kashmir UT since its creation on October 31 last year.
- Radha Krishna Mathur: 1st Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh
- Umang Narula: Advisor to Ladakh Lt Governor
Q.34. In operation twist-III, RBI buys and sells bonds worth amount of?
a) 500 Crore
b) 1000 Crore
c) 5000 Crore
d) 10,000 Crore
e) 50,000 Crore
- The maturity period of the short-term securities was up to 2020 but the maturity period of long-term securities is for 10 years or up to 2029.
Q.35. 5th edition of Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference commenced at which city?
b) New Delhi
- The conference is being organised in the country for the first time by the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
- The last four editions of this conference took place in Taipei, Seoul, Beijing and Osaka
- Drosophila is most frequently known as fruit flies
That’s all from us in the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2020 – Jan 4 to Jan 10. Watch the GA Genius Video by Aditya Sir provided below to know about these current events in detail.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our Telegram page for discussion and study materials
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test