Get All the Important Current Affairs of 11th Oct 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 11th Oct 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 11th Oct 2021
International Day of the Girl Child (also known as Day of Girls and the International Day of Girls) is observed annually on October 11 since 2012.
- This international observance day was declared by the United Nations to raise awareness of issues facing girls internationally surrounding education, nutrition, child marriage, legal and medical rights.
- The theme for 2021 International Day of the Girl Child is “Digital generation. Our
- National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India every year on January 24.
Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, virtually inaugurated the greenfield Sindhudurg airport in Maharashtra recently, under the RCS-UDAN (Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) scheme of the Government of India.
- The minister also flagged off the first flight from the airport, taking off from Sindhudurg to Mumbai.
- Sindhudurg Airport (also known as Chipi Airport) is in the Sindhudurg District of Maharashtra.
- With this, 381 routes and 61 airports including 5 heliports and 2 Water Aerodromes have become operationalized under the UDAN scheme.
Indian Railways launches two long haul freight trains ‘Trishul’ and ‘Garuda’ for South Central Railway
- These trains are twice or multiple times longer than the normal composition of freight trains and provide a very effective solution to the problem of capacity constraints in critical sections.
- Trishul consists of 177 wagons, or equal to three freight trains. It was launched from Kondapalli station of Vijayawada division to Khurda division of East Coast Railway.
- The train ‘Garuda’ was launched from Raichur of Guntakal division to Manuguru of Secunderabad division.
- Both the long haul trains had empty open wagons to be used to load coal meant for predominantly thermal power stations.
Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said that the next Hunar Haat will be organised in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh from 16th to 25th October this year.
- This Hunar Haat is being organised as a part of series of 75 Hunar Haat going to be organised across the country under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- He said artisans and craftsmen from more than 30 States and Union Territories will bring their indigenous exquisite handmade products for sale and display at the Hunar Haat.
- Mr Naqvi said that Vishwakarma Vatika will be one of the main attractions in Hunar Haat to be organised across the country. It will be helpful in preserving and promoting the traditional art and craft of the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the first-ever National Infrastructure Masterplan, Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti on 13th October. (Rs 100 Lakh-Crore)
- This will bring together 16 Ministries, including seven core infrastructure sectors, on one platform to synergise project planning across stakeholder ministries to avoid duplication, expedite clearances and plug gaps at the right time.
The plan is aimed at achieving three basic goals –
1. seamless multimodal connectivity to facilitate easy movement of goods and people,
2. improved prioritisation, optimal usage of resources,
3. timely creation of capacities, and resolution of issues such as disjointed planning, standardisation and clearances.
National Tiger Conservation Authority has approved the Chhattisgarh government’s proposal to declare the combined areas of the Guru Ghasidas National Park & Tamor Pingla Wildlife Sanctuary as a Tiger Reserve.
- It became the 53rd tiger reserve in India
- This is the 4th Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh (Udanti-Sitanadi, Achanakmar, Indravati).
State in News
Bathukamma festival begins in Telangana: Nine-day floral festival has begun in Telangana.
- The festival began with excitement as the women were dressed in traditional clothes and colourful processions were carried out in Telangana, the Bathukamma festival is celebrated during Durga Navratri.
TCS has announced that its 20-year long partnership with India’s largest public lender – State Bank of India (SBI)—has been extended for five more years as SBI goes ahead with its next leg of growth based on technology, resilience and people.
- The partnership between TCS and SBI started with the implementation of the TCS BaNCS core banking solution in 2001.
- TCS will maintain and enhance SBI’s application estate which focuses on areas like core banking, trade finance, financial reporting and financial inclusion with added features and functionality as per the official contract.
PNB on 7th Oct launched ‘6S Campaign’ under customer outreach programme to extend financial services at concessional rate during the festival season.
- The ‘6S Campaign’ encapsulates different schemes such as – Swabhiman, Samruddhi, Sampark and Shikhar, Sankalp and Swagat.
- The objective is to drive a special awareness campaign for the development of financial services in the country and to accelerate credit growth, improve penetration of social security schemes and drive digital banking push.
RBI in News
The regulatory sandbox allows the regulator, innovators, financial service providers and customers to conduct field tests to collect evidence on the benefits and risks of new financial.
1. The first cohort for regulatory sandbox was under the theme of retail payments.
2. In its second cohort under regulatory sandbox the RBI had announced ‘Cross-border Payments’ as its theme
3. Third Cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS) as theme MSME Lending
Reserve Bank of India has announced the theme for Fourth Cohort under Regulatory Sandbox. The theme is “Prevention and Mitigation of Financial Frauds”.
Reserve Bank of India in its Monetary Policy Report – October 2021, has projected India’s GDP growth rate for 2022-23 (FY23) at 7.8%
- RBI released the Monetary Policy Report on a half-yearly basis.
- It must be noted that for 2021-22 RBI has projected India’s GDP growth at 9.5% in the MPC meet of October 2021.
PNB in News
Geojit Financial Services has entered into an agreement with Punjab National Bank to provide a three-in-one account to the latter’s customers.
- PNB has set up a wholly-owned subsidiary namely “PNB Cards & Services Ltd” to manage its credit card business. The authorised capital of the company is Rs 25 crore and the paid-up capital is Rs 15 crore.
- Vijay Jasuja – Director – PNB Cards – Punjab National Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has decided to restrict its customers from withdrawing money from non-EMV ATMs with effect from 01 February 2021, in an attempt to check frauds, related to money transactions.
- PNB has launched a tech-based loan management solution ‘LenS-The Lending Solution’, to speed up and maintain accuracy in online loan processing and sanctioning of credit proposals.
- RBI has imposed a Rs 1 crore penalty for unauthorized ATM operations
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN
- PNB has partnered with IIT Kanpur and the Foundation for Innovation & Research in Science & Technology (FIRST) to set up a ‘Fintech Innovation Centre (FIC)’ at the institute’s campus.
- PNB has celebrated its 127th foundation and launched a unique pilot
- project PNB@Ease outlet on Apr 12, 2021.
- Inked a deal with Indian Oil to provide up to Rs 2 crores loan to dealers.
Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) has won the F1 Turkish Grand Prix 2021, held on October 10, 2021. This is his first title of this season.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) came second while Sergio Perez (Mexico- Red Bull) finished third.
- Meanwhile Lewis Hamilton finished fifth.
Q4 Henley Passport Index 2021
- India has been ranked at 90th position among 116 countries, on the Henley Passport Index, released for Q4 of 2021 on October 07, 2021. The index lists the world’s most travel-friendly passports.
- India’s position has dropped by six places, compared to last year (2020), during the same period, when it was placed at 84th spot.
- Japan and Singapore share the top position in the latest index, with their passports holders allowed to travel visa-free to 192 countries.
- The Henley Passport Index ranks the passports of countries according to the number of destinations their holders can visit without a prior visa.
- The rankings are based on the analysis of data provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- For India, its passport holders are allowed to travel visa-free to 58 countries. India shares its rank with Tajikistan and Burkina Faso.
- Afghanistan has the world’s least powerful passports, with a visa-free score of 26.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- World Happiness Index 2020-139th
- Heritage Foundation Index of Economic Freedom 2020-121st ( Singapore)
- Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 (Fraser Institute, Canada): 105th (New Zealand)
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2021-90th (Japan and Singapore )
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142 (Norway)
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Global Innovation Index 2021-46th (Switzerland)
- Global Talent Competitive Index: 72nd (Switzerland)
- Democracy Index 2021: 53rd (Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand )
- Global Hunger Index: 94 among 107 countries
- Asia Power Index 2020: 4th position (USA, China, Japan)
- Inclusive Internet Index 2021: India 49th ( Sweden)
Current Affairs 11th Oct 2021 – MCQs
Q. Who among the following has stepped down as Chief Economic Adviser of
government after a 3-year tenure?
(a) Arvind Subramanian
(b) G R Chintala
(c) G P Samanta
(d) B V R Subrahmanyam
(e) K V Subramanian
Answer: Option E
- He took over from Arvind Subramanian who had left due to personal reasons in June 2018.
- “I have decided to return back to academia following the completion of my 3-year fulfilling tenure. Serving The nation has been an absolute privilege and I have wonderful support and encouragement
Q.Consider the Wrong statement about Monetary Policy Committee meeting of RBI held from October 6-8, 2021.
1. RBI has announced that the policy repo rate under the LAF will be kept unchanged at 4%
2. RBI introduced the LAF as part of the outcome of the Narasimham Committee on Banking
Sector Reforms of 1998
3. LAF consists of repo, Reverse Repo and MSF
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Only 3
d) 1 & 3
e) 2 & 3
Answer: Option C
Q. Consider the correct statement about Monetary Policy Committee meeting of RBI held from October 6-8, 2021.
1. RBI has announced to keep Marginal Standing Facility Rate at 4.35%
2. RBI will Pay ROI on CRR maintains by the Banks at 4%
3. CPI Inflation Projected at 5.3% for Current Fiscal
4. RBI has retained the projection for real GDP growth at 9.5 per cent in 2021-22
a) 1 & 2
b) 1 & 3
c) 2 & 3
d) 3 & 4
e) 1, 3 & 4
Answer: Option D
- The MPC also decided to continue with the accommodative stance.
- RBI has retained the projection for real GDP growth at 9.5 per cent in 2021-22.
- CPI Inflation Projected at 5.3% for Current Fiscal
- The next MPC meet will be held between December 6 to 8, 2021
Q.World Post Day is celebrated each year on October 9 globally. The first World Post Day was celebrated in which year?
Answer: Option C
- The theme of 2021 World Post Day is “Innovate to recover.”
- October 9 was chosen as it marks the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which was created in 1874 in Switzerland.
- The first World Post Day was celebrated in 1969.
- National Postal Day : 10 October, as an extension of World Post Day, which is celebrated on 9 October.
- National Post Day aims to commemorate the role played by the Indian postal department for the past 150 years, which was founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 11th Oct 2021.