Get All the Important Current Affairs of 12th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 12th Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 12th Nov 2021
Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated every year on November 12 to commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
Mahatma Gandhi addressed the displaced people (refugee from Pakistan), who had
temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
World Pneumonia Day is observed across the world on November 12 every year to raise
awareness, promote prevention and treatment and produce action to combat the disease.
World Pneumonia Day 2020 is an annual event that was first observed in the year 2009.
In India, the ‘Ayurveda Day’ is observed every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti
- Dhanvantari is the Hindu god of medicine
- The day was declared by the Ministry of AYUSH, in 2016, to focus on the strengths of Ayurveda and its unique treatment principles.
- In 2021, India is observing the 6th National Ayurveda Day on 02 November 2021.
- The theme of the 2021 National Ayurveda Day is Ayurveda for Poshana (Nutrition).
- Ministry of AYUSH”: Sarbananda Sonowal
US Space agency NASA and the Elon Musk-owned private rocket company SpaceX have
launched “Crew 3” mission on November 10, 2021
- Under this mission, four astronauts have been sent to the International Space Station (ISS) for a six-month science mission until April 2022.
- The four member international crew of astronauts lifted off from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida onboard SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule named Endurance fixed to Falcon 9 rocket.
- Indian-origin NASA astronaut Raja Chari as its mission commander.
- The other three astronauts are NASA’s Tom Marshburn (pilot); and Kayla Barron (mission specialist); as well as ESA (European Space Agency) astronaut Matthias Maurer (mission specialist).
India’s President Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the 51st Conference of Governors and
Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- It is the fourth conference to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The Governors and Lieutenant Governors from all states and union territories across the country attended the conference along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The previous conference was held in 2019.
- The first conference of governors was held in 1949 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. It was presided over by C Rajagopalachari, the last Governor-General of India.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 250 million (about Rs 1,875 crore) loan to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of the programmatic USD 500 million loan to develop 11 industrial corridors spanning 17 states.
- NICDP aims to develop world-class industrial nodes that are supported by efficient urban agglomerations and multimodal connectivity, including international gateways like ports and airports and inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable infrastructure.
The government of India and the World Bank have inked USD 40 million health project
agreement for the state of Meghalaya on October 28, 2021.
The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will improve the quality of health
services in the state and strengthen the management and governance capabilities of the
state to handle future health emergencies including the COVID-19 pandemic.
Department of Financial Services (DFS), under the finance ministry, has issued guidelines to be adopted by all public sector banks (PSBs) on Staff Accountability Framework for NPA
Accounts up to Rs. 50 crore’.
- These guidelines will be applicable on loans that are turning into non-performing assets (NPAs) on or after April 1, 2022.
- Theses shall not be applicable on fraud cases.
- Banks with the approval of their Board may decide on a threshold of Rs 10 lacs or Rs 20 lacs depending on their business size for examining the aspect of staff accountability.
Digital Payment firm, PhonePe has launched a tokenization solution named ‘SafeCard’ for online debit and credit card transactions.
- Earlier in September 2021, RBI had made a device-based tokenization framework applicable to Card-on-File Tokenisation (CoFT) services as well i.e Card-on-File (CoF) means that the Credit/Debit card details are stored by merchants for ease of payment.
- Hence now many payment firms will launch this tokenization solution.
Here are some tokenisation solutions launched in recent times:
PayU- ‘PayU Token Hub’
SBI in News
- State Bank of India (SBI) has come out with a video life certificate service for pensioners, which is completely paperless and free of cost.
- The new facility will enable the pensioners to submit their life certificates through video at the comfort of their homes.
- However, this facility is only for pensioners and not for family pensioners, which means that spouse of the pensioner receiving the government pension will not be able to use this facility.
RBI in News
- Reserve Bank of India has launched its first global hackathon named “HARBINGER 2021 –Innovation for Transformation”.
- The theme of HARBINGER 2021 is ‘Smarter Digital Payments’.
- The winner of the hackathon will get a reward prize of Rs. 40 lakh while the Runner-up will get Rs. 20 lakh.
- Participants identify and develop solutions “that have the potential to make digital payments accessible to the under-served, enhance the ease of payments and user experience, while strengthening the security of digital payments and promoting customer protection
Central Government has reconstituted the seven-member Economic Advisory Council to the PM (EAC-PM)
- Bibek Debroy continues to be the Chairman of the Council.
- EAC-PM has been reconstituted for a period of 2 years.
- Rakesh Mohan, Poonam Gupta, TT Ram Mohan, Sajid Chenoy, Neelkanth Mishra and Nilesh Shah are the other six members of EAC-PM apart from the Chairman (Bibek Debroy).
- EAC-PM was set up in September 2017 with a term of two years and it replaced the erstwhile Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (PMEAC).
Ministry of Finance has approved the interest rate on employees’ provident fund
(EPF) deposits for 2020-21 at 8.5%
- The rate has been kept unchanged as for the year 2019-20.
- EPF is one fixed-income instrument that is completely tax-free under the exempt-exempt exempt (EEE) regime, along with PPF and the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Now the labour ministry will notify the interest rate for it to come into effect.
Falguni Nayar, the CEO and founder of beauty and fashion eCommerce platform Nykaa, has become the richest self-made woman in India. She founded Nykaa in the year 2012.
- She holds 53.5% stake in Nykaa and has a net worth of USD 7.48 billion.
- This comes after the IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures which is Nykaa’s parent entity. This is also the first woman-led unicorn to list on the stock exchange.
- The issue size of IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures (Nykaa) was Rs 5,351.92 crore
- Rajeev Srivastava has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) at Standard Chartered Securities for India operations.
- His appointment is subject to regulatory approvals
- Before this, Rajeev Srivastava worked at HDFC Securities where he headed the products and business development functions of the organisation.
Current Affairs 12th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which company has collaborated with Liberty General Insurance Limited to provide
motor insurance services digitally?
b) Google Pay
e) Amazon Pay
Answer: Option A
- Liberty General Insurance Limited has collaborated with PhonePe to provide motor insurance services digitally.
- Under this, Liberty General Insurance will provide a variety of Motor Insurance policies to the customers, digitally through PhonePe app.
Q. Which state has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with World Bank for
a Rs 770 crore loan to promote river transportation of the state?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Uttar Pradesh
e) West Bengal
Answer: Option D
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has stated about the Memorandum of
- Understanding (MoU) signed between Assam’s Inland Water Transport (IWT) department and World Bank for a Rs 770 crore loan to promote river transportation of the state.
- The central government would return 80 percent of the loan amount and the state
- government would refund the remaining 20 percent.
Q. Which city has been selected to join 2021 UNESCO creative cities network (UCCN) for
the vibrant cultural ethos?
Answer: Option A
- Srinagar (summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir) has been selected to join UNESCO creative cities network (UCCN) for the vibrant cultural ethos of the old city.
- It has been designated as a creative city of craft and folk arts by UNESCO. Apart from it, 48 cities have been added to the network of 246 cities following their designation in recognition of their commitment to placing culture and creativity at the heart of their development.
Q. Which UT government has launched ‘Shramik Mitra’ Scheme for Construction
(a) Jammu and Kashmir
(e) Andaman and Nicobar
Answer: Option D
- Government of Delhi launched the ‘Shramik Mitra‘ scheme for construction workers.
- Under the scheme, 800 ‘Shramik Mitras’ will reach out to construction workers, and spread awareness on the government schemes.
- Delhi Govt has also increased the Dearness allowance for Unskilled, Semi-skilled workers, to increase their salary by around 1%.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 12th Nov 2021.