Get All the Important Current Affairs of 13th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 13th Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 13th Nov 2021
State in News
India’s first-ever bamboo-made cricket bats and stumps have been launched by the
Bamboo and Cane Development Institute (BCDI) of Tripura
- The indigenous Bamboo Cricket bats and Stumps have been manufactured by the BCDI in collaboration with North East Centre of Technology Application and Reach (NECTAR).
- These bats can be used in all formats of cricket
India’s first Physical National Yogasana Championships has been organised
in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from November 11-13, 2021.
- The National Yogasana Sports Championships 2021-22 has been organised by the National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha state.
- Around 560 young Yogasana Sports athletes from across 30 states would are taking part in the event.
- The event aims to promote yoga and create a global brand around it, portraying it as a competitive sport with high standards and benchmarks.
Odisha has launched a first of its kind road safety initiative named Rakshak, to train first
responders of road accidents.
- Under the program, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people, staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots.
- These 30,000 volunteers will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
- They will be equipped to administer first aid and pre-hospital trauma care to accident victims within the golden hour.
Third edition of Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2021 has been organised by the Indian Navy
from November 07 to 09, 2021 at Naval War College, Goa.
- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh would chair the conclave.
- The theme for 2021 GMC is “Maritime Security and Emerging Non-Traditional Threats: A Case for Proactive Role for IOR Navies”
- Chiefs of Navies/ Heads of Maritime Forces from 12 Indian Ocean Region (IOR) countries are participating in the conclave, which includes Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia,
- Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- The conclave provides a platform to discuss non-traditional threats in the Indian Ocean Region and other issues.
PM Modi on November 12, 2021 launched the Integrated Ombudsman Scheme, 2021 of the Reserve Bank of India.
The new scheme integrates the existing three Ombudsman schemes of RBI namely,
1. the Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006;
2. the Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies, 2018; and
3. the Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions, 2019.
- Integration of the earlier three Ombudsman Scheme is a step towards ‘One Nation One Ombudsman’ approach by making the RBI Ombudsman mechanism jurisdiction neutral.
- Apart from this, Non-Scheduled Primary Co-operative Banks with a deposit size of Rs. 50 crore and above, have been brought into the Integrated Ombudsman Scheme, 2021.
- Executive Director-in charge of Consumer Education and Protection Department of RBI would be the Appellate Authority under the Scheme.
Integrated Ombudsman Scheme, 2021
Some important features of this scheme is mentioned below:
|New Scheme||In Earlier Scheme|
|• It will no longer be necessary for a|
complainant to identify under which
scheme he/she should file complaint
with the Ombudsman.
|• Earlier the complainant had to figure|
out under which scheme (of the three
scheme mentioned above) his/her
complaint will fall and then register
the complaint with RBI
|• The Scheme defines ‘deficiency in|
service’ as the ground for filing a
complaint, with a specified list of
• Therefore, the complaints would no
longer be rejected simply on account
of “not covered under the grounds
listed in the scheme”.
|• Earlier complaints with ‘deficiency in|
service’ by banks were rejected by
Retail Direct Scheme: PM Modi has launched the Reserve Bank of India-Retail Direct (RBIRD) Scheme of RBI on November 12, 2021.
- Under this, the retail investors (general public/individuals) can buy/sell government securities in both primary and secondary markets.
- Before this, institutional investors (like banks, insurance companies) could trade in
- government securities. But with the launch of RBI-RD Scheme, retail investors can also trade in government security directly, using the online portal (https://rbiretaildirect.org.in) developed by the Reserve Bank of India.
- RBI will not charge any fee for opening and maintaining the ‘Retail Direct Gilt account’ from the customers.
UCO Bank signed a co-lending agreement with Aadhar Housing Finance to provide
convenient home finance solutions or home loans to customers from the economically
weaker sections, lower and middle-income groups.
- This partnership is premised upon the co-lending framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that provides a tool for banks and non-banks to collaborate for providing affordable solutions to the unserved and underserved sections.
UCO Bank Establishment: 1943 (Incorporated as United Commercial Bank Limited)
Headquarter: Kolkata, West Bengal
MD and CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
International Cricket Council (ICC) has declared Pakistan’s batsman Asif Ali as the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for October 2021.
- Meanwhile, Ireland all-rounder Laura Delany has secured the title of ICC Women’s Player of the Month for October 2021.
- Nepal leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane and England skipper Heather Knight have been voted winners of the ICC Player of the Month for September
Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 to win the 2021 Rolex Paris
Masters final title on November 07, at Bercy
- This is the sixth Paris Masters title for the Serbian Djokovic and overall 37th ATP Masters 1000 title.
- The Rolex Paris Masters is the annual tennis tournament for male professional players.
Spanish-German Actor Daniel Brühl has been named the Goodwill Ambassador for the
United Nations World Food Programme (UN-WFP).
- He has joined the WFP’s mission to reach a world with Zero Hunger. As the goodwill ambassador, he will inform about the main drivers of hunger and showcase the efforts of UN WFP to tackle both immediate needs and root causes of hunger.
About United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP):
Headquarters: Rome, Italy
Executive Director: David Beasley
Current Affairs 13th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which state’s cabinet approved the creation of Eastern West Khasi Hills as the 12th
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: Option A
- Meghalaya Cabinet approved a proposal to upgrade the Mairang civil sub-division to a fullfledged district which will be called as ‘Eastern West Khasi Hills district’. It will be Meghalaya’s 12th district.
- Currently, Mairang is now a sub-division under the West Khasi Hills district.
- Satya Pal Malik : Governor
- Conrad Kongkal Sangma : CM
Q. Which country has become the 101st member country of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
Answer: Option D
- U.S is now the 101st country to sign the framework agreement of the ISA.
- The framework agreement was formally signed by John Kerry, the U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, at the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow
Q. What was the rank of India in the global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI)
2022 released by Germanwatch?
Answer: Option C
- India has been placed at 10th spot in the global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022 released by Germanwatch along with Climate Action Network (CAN) and New Climate Institute, on the side-lines of the COP26.
- In 2020 also India was at 10th position.
Q. Which country has occupied 4th place as the highest-ranked country in the global
Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022 released by Germanwatch?
Answer: Option E
- Denmark occupied a fourth place as the highest-ranked country in CCPI 2022, followed by Sweden (5th), and Norway (6th) respectively. Other countries in the top 10 are the United Kingdom (7th), Morocco (8th) and Chile (9th).
- Worst performers: Australia, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan.
Q. Who has been appointed as Brand Ambassador of My11Circle?
(a) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
(b) K L Rahul
(c) Rishabh Pant
(d) Mohammed Siraj
(e) Ajinkya Rahane
Answer: Option D
- Games24x7 fantasy cricket platform ‘My11Circle’ announced Indian Cricketer Mohammad Siraj as its new brand ambassador.
- Other brand ambassadors of My11Circle – Saurav Ganguly, Ajinkya Rahane, VVS Laxman etc
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 13th Nov 2021.