Get All the Important Current Affairs of 15th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 15th Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 15th Nov 2021
World Diabetes Day is observed every year on November 14
- World Diabetes Day was launched in 1991 by the IDF and the World Health Organization (WHO) in response to the rapid rise of diabetes around the world.
- Theme for 2021-23: “Access to Diabetes Care ”
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first operationalised private sector
defence manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in
Lucknow on November 13, 2021.
- The facility will be run by Aerolloy Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PTC Industries Limited.
- It will manufacture parts for Aircraft Engines, Helicopter Engines, Structural parts for aircrafts, Drones and UAV, Submarines, Ultra-Light Artillery Guns, Space Launch Vehicles and Strategy Systems.
An idol of Goddess Annapurna that was stolen from Varanasi about 100 years ago and
later found in Canada recently is all set to be back at its rightful place and will be gracing
the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi.
- It is 17 cm in height, 9 cm in breadth and 4 cm in thickness.
- The return of the Annapurna idol comes in the wake of many such antiquities being identified and returned to the country in the past couple of years.
State in News
TVS Motor Company, the flagship company of TVS Group, has joined the United Nations
Global Compact (UNGC), the world’s largest voluntary corporate sustainability initiative.
- TVS Motor has become the 1st Indian two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer to join the UNGC.
- TVS Motor will also engage in collaborative projects which will advance the development goals of the UN, particularly the Sustainable development goals (SDG).
- United Nations Global Compact Headquarters: New York, United States
- Executive Director & CEO: Sanda Ojiambo
▪ Headquarters: Chennai
▪ CEO: K. N. Radhakrishnan
▪ Founder: T. V. Sundram Iyengar
▪ Founded: 1978
Maharashtra government signed an MoU with the United States based Non-Profit
Organisation, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), to provide technical support for
Maharashtra’s Electric Vehicle (EV) policy
- The MoU was signed at Glasgow, United Kingdom, at the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP26).
- Maharashtra state EV policy aims to have a 10 percent share of EV vehicles of total registrations in India by 2025.
▪ Capital: Mumbai
▪ Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
▪ Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
The retail inflation, measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), slightly rose to 4.48 per
cent in October.
- Separately, the factory output, measured in terms of Index of Industrial Production (IIP), grew by 3.1 per cent in September.
- Food inflation picked up to 0.85 per cent in October from 0.68 per cent a month ago with a rise in prices of vegetables.
Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the RBI has announced that the policy repo rate
under the LAF will be kept unchanged at 4.0 per cent.
As a result, the remaining rates are also unchanged and are mentioned below:
▪ Reverse Repo Rate- 3.35%
▪ Marginal Standing Facility Rate- 4.25%
▪ Bank Rate- 4.25%
▪ CRR- 4.00%
▪ SLR- 18.00%
▪ The MPC also decided to continue with the accommodative stance.
▪ RBI has retained the projection for real GDP growth at 9.5 per cent in 2021-22.
▪ CPI Inflation Projected at 5.3% for Current Fiscal
▪ The next MPC meet will be held between December 6 to 8, 2021
RBI in News
Reserve Bank of India in its Monetary Policy Report – October 2021, has projected India’s
GDP growth rate for 2022-23 (FY23) at 7.8%.
- RBI released the Monetary Policy Report on a half-yearly basis.
- It must be noted that for 2021-22 RBI has projected India’s GDP growth at 9.5% in the MPC meet of October 2021.
1982-batch retired IRS officer and former chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes
(CBDT), Pramod Chandra Mody was appointed new Secretary General Rajya
Sabha, replacing P.P.K. Ramacharyulu.
Ramacharyulu meanwhile has been reassigned as an advisor for one year term.
Ramacharyulu has now been appointed as an advisor in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Satya Narayan Pradhan has been appointed as the Director-General (DG) of Narcotics
Control Bureau (NCB) on a deputation till the date of his superannuation on 31st August
2024 or until further orders.
- He was holding the additional charge as the DG of NCB in addition to the responsibilities as the DG of NDRF.
- He took the additional charge as the DG of NCB succeeding Rakesh Asthana who was appointed as Delhi Police Commissioner.
- Atul Karwal, has been appointed Director-General of the National Disaster Response Force
▪ Narcotics Control Bureau Founded: 1986;
▪ Narcotics Control Bureau Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi;
▪ Narcotics Control Bureau Director-General: Satya Narayan Pradhan.
On November 14, 2021, the central government of India promulgated two ordinances for
extending the tenure of Directors of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau
of Investigation (CBI) for up to five years.
- Currently, the chiefs of both central agencies have a tenure of two years.
- The two new ordinances brought are “The Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021” and “The Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021”.
- As per the new ordinance the Directors of CBI or ED can now be appointed first for a period of two years, and later if needed, the tenure can be extended for three more years. But it will require three separate annual extensions.
- However, after five years no extension can be granted to an ED or CBI chief.
- Army Chief– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Naval Chief- Karambir Singh
- Air Chief– Vivek Ram Chaudhari (27th)
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- BSF- Pankaj Kumar Singh
- CRPF- Kuldiep Singh
- NIA: Kuldiep Singh
- ITBP- Sunjay Arora
- NSG– M A Ganapathy
- NDRF- Atul Karwal
- RAW- Samant Goel
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS): Nasir Kamal
- CISF: Sheel Vardhan Singh
- CBI: Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Major Gen Rajeev Chaudhary: Director-General of the BRO.
- Engineer-in-Chief of the Indian Army: Lt Gen Harpal Singh
- Director General Naval Operations: Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar
- Deputy Chief of Naval Staff: Vice-Admiral Ravneet Singh
- Vice Chief of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral SN Ghormade
- Vice Chief of the Air Staff: Air Marshal Sandeep Singh
- 21st Director General of the Assam Rifles: headquarters in Meghalaya:
- Lieutenant General Pradeep Chandran Nair
Current Affairs 15th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which state has launched a first of its kind road safety initiative
named Rakshak, to train first responders of road accidents.
d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: Option E
- Under the program, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people, staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots.
- These 30,000 volunteers will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
- They will be equipped to administer first aid and pre-hospital trauma care to accident victims within the golden hour
Q. India’s first Physical National Yogasana Championships has been organised
in which city from November 11-13, 2021.
b) Gandhi Nagar
Answer: Option A
- Bhubaneswar, Odisha: The National Yogasana Sports Championships 2021-22 has been organised by the National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha state.
- Around 560 young Yogasana Sports athletes from across 30 states would are taking part in the event.
Q. India’s first-ever bamboo-made cricket bats and stumps have been launched by
the Bamboo and Cane Development Institute (BCDI) of which state?
b) West Bengal
Answer: Option C
- The indigenous Bamboo Cricket bats and Stumps have been manufactured by the BCDI in collaboration with North East Centre of Technology Application and Reach (NECTAR).
- These bats can be used in all formats of cricket
- Chief Minister of Tripura: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
Q. Which bank signed a co-lending agreement with Aadhar Housing Finance to
provide convenient home finance solutions or home loans to customers from the
economically weaker sections, lower and middle-income groups.
b) Canara Bank
c) UCO Bank
e) IDFC First Bank
Answer: Option C
- This partnership is premised upon the co-lending framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that provides a tool for banks and non-banks to collaborate for providing affordable solutions to the unserved and underserved sections.
- UCO Bank Establishment: 1943 (Incorporated as United Commercial Bank Limited)
- Headquarter: Kolkata, West Bengal
- MD and CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 15th Nov 2021.