Get All the Important Current Affairs of 21st Oct 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 21st Oct 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 21st Oct 2021
Ecuador’s President Guillermo Lasso has declared a 60-day state of emergency in the South American country on, due to rise in violent drug crimes.
President Lasso has pointed drug trafficking and consumption as the main drivers behind
an increase in murders, home burglary, thefts of vehicles and goods, and muggings.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launches improved Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi-NCR
- The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune has developed a new ‘Decision Support System’ (DSS) and enhanced the existing ‘Air Quality Early Warning System’ (AQEWS) for Delhi-NCR region, to have better air-quality management in the region.
- IITM Pune is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences
PM Modi inaugurated the Kushinagar International Airport in Uttar Pradesh on October 20, 2021.
- The airport has been built at an estimated cost of Rs. 260 crore
- It will facilitate domestic & international pilgrims to visit the Mahaparinirvana sthal of Lord Buddha in Kushinagar.
- The first international flight at the Kushinagar International Airport landed from Colombo, Sri Lanka, carrying a Sri Lankan delegation of over a hundred Buddhist Monks & dignitaries.
NITI Aayog in collaboration Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Energy Ministries of Government has launched Geospatial Energy Map of India or Geographic Information System (GIS) Energy Map of India to provide a holistic picture of all energy resources of the country
- It will identify and locate all primary and secondary sources of energy and their transportation/transmission networks for a comprehensive view of energy production and distribution in a country
- ISRO Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
State in News
Union Minister Amit Shah, Ministry of Cooperation, inaugurated 14 projects worth Rs 299 crore and laid foundation stones of 12 projects worth Rs 643 crore from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- With this, development work of about Rs 1,000 crore has been initiated in Andaman Islands.
- The Central Government has renamed Mount Harriet, an island peak in Andaman and
- Nicobar islands as Mount Manipur as a tribute to the freedom fighters of Manipur. Mount Harriet is the third-highest island peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- Capital: Port Blair
- Lieutenant Governor: Admiral (Retd.) Devendra Kumar Joshi
Jammu & Kashmir
- Education Minister Inaugurates ‘Anandam: The Center For Happiness’ At IIM
- “Super-75” scholarship schemes for meritorious girls, on the occasion of
International Women’s Day 2021.
- Under Tejaswini, financial assistance of Rs 5 lakhs will be provided to the girls
between the age group of 18 to 35 years to start their business.
- Jammu and Kashmir administration has recently ended the 149-year-old
biannual tradition called the ‘Darbar Move’.
- J&K LG Manoj Sinha unveiled a mobile application named PROOF, to bring more
transparency and accountability in the governance system
- PROOF stands for ‘Photographic Record of On-site Facility’.
Mera Vetan mobile app
● SPARROW: Smart Performance Appraisal Reporting and Recording online
● Pragati & Saksham Scholarship (5K to 50K)
● My Town My Pride, Back to Village Prog
● ‘SUKOON ’ – COVID-19 Beat the Stress“
● The first-ever cannabis medicine project
● The historic City Chowk in Jammu has been renamed Bharat Mata Chowk.
● Backyard Horticulture
● “Parivartan”- a first-ever publication in five official languages of J&K at Raj
Bhavan, Jammu. (Dogri, Urdu, Kashmiri, Hindi and English)
NABARD has announced the creation of an Rs. 1,000 crore Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for FPOs (CGFTFPO), a dedicated fund for providing credit guarantees to FPOs.
- The fund has been launched under the trusteeship of NABSanrakshan Trustee Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NABARD.
- For this, NABSanrakshan has signed a trust deed with the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. The Trust has been registered in Mumbai.
- CGFTFPO is part of the Pan-India central scheme for ‘Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Produce Organisations (FPOs)’.
- G.R. Chintala: Asia Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association
NPCI has launched NPCI Tokenization system (NTS) to further enhance the safety of
customers and provide a seamless shopping experience to consumers.
- The NPCI Tokenization System (NTS) will support the tokenisation of RuPay cards, to provide an alternate for storing card details with merchants.
- NPCI’s Token Reference On File (TROF) service will help RuPay cardholders, to maintain the security of their financial data.
- With NTS, acquiring Banks, Aggregators, Merchants & others can get themselves certified with NPCI & can play the role of Token Requestor to help save the Token reference number (Token Reference On File) against all card numbers saved.
IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life) ,a joint venture of Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India introduced ‘’Life Saral Bachat Bima Plan’’.
- It is a savings and protection cover plan for the entire family.
- Benefits of the plan includes, Pay for short term and enjoy long term benefits and it will provide consistent protection through insurance cover.
- In case of death of the life insured, an advanced payment by way of funeral cover. Flexibility to receive death benefit as a lump sum or regular income for 5 years.
- Boost savings with guaranteed additional benefits of 4.75% to 6% per annum. Option to opt for Waiver of Premium Rider.
- No medical test and short application form.
2021 Earthshot Prize awards
- Money– 1 million Pound
- Medal– Inspired by ‘Earthrise’ photo from Apollo 8 mission (1968), designed by Christien Meindertsma (Netherlands).
- Theme: It is centred around five “Earthshots”, simple but ambitious goals for the planet, which if achieved by 2030 will improve life for all, for generations to come.
1. Protect and restore nature
2. Clean our air
3. Revive our oceans
4. Build a waste-free world
5. Fix our climate.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has organised an International Conference and Exhibition on Digital technologies, “Future Tech 2021- a Journey of digital transformation to technology adoption and acceleration” from October 19 to 27, 2021.
- The inaugural session was virtually attended by Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Theme of the conference is “Driving technologies for building the future, we all can trust”
- The theme will have 5 pillars: Strategy, Growth, Resilience, Inclusiveness, Trust.
- President: T. V. Narendran
- Founded: 1895
- Director-General: Chandrajit Banerjee
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Minister of State (MoS) for Communication, Devusinh Chauhan, participated in
the Ministerial Roundtable Session of the 50th-anniversary edition of International
Telecommunication Union (ITU) Digital World 2021, which was held in Vietnam and hosted by the government of Vietnam.
- The theme of the Discussion: ‘Cutting the cost: can affordable access accelerate digital transformation’
- One of the major reforms in Information Communication Technology (ICT) by India was allowing 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) via the automatic route and addressing liquidity issues of Telecom Service Providers (TSPs).
India has achieved the 71st position in the Global Food Security (GFS) Index 2021 from among a list of 113 countries. The overall score of India is 57.2 points on the GFS Index 2021.
- GFS Index: London-based Economist Impact and is sponsored by Corteva Agriscience.
- Ireland, Australia, the UK, Finland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Canada, Japan, France and the US shared the top rank.
- The GFS Index measures the factors affecting food insecurity around the world based on 4 main factors and 58 unique food security indicators. The factors include affordability, availability, quality and safety, and natural resources and resilience.
A Balasubramanian has been elected as the new Chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- He replaces Nilesh Shah, the Managing Director of Kotak Mutual Fund.
- Balasubramanian is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management.
- Meanwhile, Radhika Gupta, the MD and CEO of Edelweiss AMC, has been appointed as vice-chair of AMFI.
Books and Author
National Award-winning actress Divya Dutta has come up with her second book titled, “The Stars in My Sky: Those Who Brightened My Film Journey”.
- The book, published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI), will be released on October 25, 2021.
- In her new book, Divya Dutta shares her experiences with some of the stalwarts of Bollywood who have played a significant role in her film career.
- First Book: Me and Ma
Current Affairs 21st Oct 2021 – MCQs
Q. Who has won the inaugural ‘2021 Earthshot Prize’ under the ‘Clean Our Air’ Category?
(a) Vidyut Mohan
(b) Sirisha Bandla
(c) Maria Ressa
(d) Danish Siddiqui
(e) Sunjeev Sahota
Answer: Option A
- An Indian Social Enterprise ‘Takachar’, under the leadership of Vidyut Mohan was named as the winner of inaugural ‘2021 Earthshot Prize’ that was created by the United Kingdom’s Prince William to reward people fighting to save planet earth.
- Takachar won the ‘Earthshot Prize’, also known as ‘Eco Oscars’, under the “Clean Our Air” category for its invention to recycle agricultural waste.
Q. The Central Government has renamed Mount Harriet, an island peak in Andaman and Nicobar Islands as ___________________.
(a) Mount Arunachal
(b) Mount Manipur
(c) Mount Nicobar
(d) Mount Assam
(e) Mount Meghalaya
Answer: Option B
Q. Who has participated in the Ministerial Roundtable Session of the 50th-anniversary edition of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Digital World 2021, which was held in Vietnam?
a) Rao Inderjit Singh
b) Devusinh Jesingbhai Chauhan
c) Arjun Ram Meghwal
d) Ashwini Vaishnaw
e) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Answer: Option B
- Devusinh Jesingbhai Chauhan is an Indian politician and serving as Minister of State for
- Communications of India.
- He is a member of parliament to the 16th Lok Sabha from Kheda, Gujarat
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 21st Oct 2021.