Get All the Important Current Affairs of 2nd Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 2nd Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 2nd Nov 2021
World Vegan Day is observed globally on 1st November every year.
- This day is celebrated to spread the benefits of veganism for humans, non-human animals, and the natural environment.
- Vegan Day is an opportunity to promote the benefits of a vegan diet and veganism in general.
History of World Vegan Day:
• The day was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then Chair of The Vegan Society in the United
Kingdom, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the organisation and the coining of the terms “vegan” and “veganism”.
• The President of the Vegan Society decided to elect the date of the 1st of November.
• This is now recognised as the date on which the Vegan Society was founded and on which Vegan Day would be observed.
Global sea levels rose by a factor of two within 10 years’: WMO
- On the eve of the World Leaders Summit at the Glasgow climate change conference (COP26), WMO’s provisional State of Climate in 2021 report said the mean global sea-level rise was 2.1mm per year between 1993 and 2002 and 4.4mm per year between 2013 and 2021.
- World Meteorological Organisation’s State of the Climate in Asia report had said that India lost $87 billion last year due to disasters like tropical cyclones, floods and droughts.
Climate Equity Monitor, a website on global climate policy launched
Microsoft stock becomes the world’s most valuable; beating Apple
- Microsoft Corp. has surpassed Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable publicly-traded company by market capitalisation.
- At market close on October 29, 2021, Apple stood at about $2.46 trillion while Microsoft reached nearly $2.49 trillion.
- Apple had held the top position for more than a year.
- Microsoft became the second US public firm to surpass a $2 trillion market value in June, driven by expectations that its dominance in cloud computing and enterprise software will expand further in a post-coronavirus future.
- This year, its stock has outpaced Apple and Amazon.com Inc. on forecasts of long-term earnings and revenue growth, as well as expansion in areas such as machine learning and cloud computing.
- Microsoft is up more than 49%, Apple is up around 13%, and Amazon is up more than 3%
Shri Amit Shah, Union Minister of Home Affairs and Co-operation launches the “Dairy Sahakar” scheme
India committed to achieve over 40% cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil-fuel energy resources by 2030
Kerala celebrates its 65th formation day on November 1st
- Kerala is celebrating its 65th “Kerala Pirayi,” the formation day of the State.
- The State of Kerala was created on November 1, 1956, amalgamating the erstwhile provinces of Malabar, Cochin and Thiruvithancoor.
- Kerala Piravi Day commemorates this momentous union that led to the formation of modern-day Kerala as we know it.
- Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh celebrates the state formation day on November 1st.
- Prior to this unification, Kerala was divided into three independent provinces of Malabar, Cochin, and Travancore.
Public Affairs Index 2021: Kerala topped in governance performance
- According to the 6th edition of the Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021) report by the Public Affairs Centre (PAC), a Bengaluru- based non-profit think tank, the top three slots have been taken by Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana among 18 large states.
- PAI 2021 highlights the state government’s quality governance and especially the state’s government involvement over the curb of Covid-19.
Toppers among large states
• Kerala (1.618)
• Tamil Nadu (0.857)
• Telangana (0.891)
Toppers among small states
• Sikkim (1.617)
• Meghalaya (1.144)
• Mizoram (1.123)
Toppers among Union Territories
• Puducherry (1.182)
• Jammu and Kashmir (0.705)
• Chandigarh (0.628)
About the PAI 2021:
Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021) ranks the states and Union Territories based on three pillars of equity, growth and sustainability along with 5 themes, 14 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 43 indicators.
RBI eases current account rules for bank exposures less than Rs 5 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India on Friday eased current account rules for bank exposures less than Rs 5 crore, allowing lenders to open current account, cash credit and overdraft facilities without any restriction.
- “For borrowers, where the exposure of the banking system is less than Rs 5 crore, there is no restriction on opening of current accounts or on provision of CC/OD facility by banks, subject to obtaining an undertaking from such borrowers that they shall inform the bank(s), as and when the credit facilities availed by them from the banking system reaches Rs 5 crore or more
- For borrowers where the exposure is more than Rs 5 crore, will continue to maintain current accounts with any one of the banks with which they have cash credit or overdraft facility, provided that the bank has at least 10 per cent of the exposure of the banking system to that borrower.
J&K team for deaf clinches 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship
- The J&K team for deaf clinched 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship held at Paris Versailles, France.
- Rakshanda Mehak who is part of the Indian team for the deaf clinched the bronze medal by defeating the South Korean team in the semifinal.
- The championship was held at Versailles, France from 26-30th October 2021.
- The National Girls team has won a bronze medal while Nirchara Umed of Haryana is below 57 KG category, Divya Tiwari of Uttar Pradesh is below 52 KG category and Rakshanda Mehak of J&K have added one more feather in the crown.
Current Affairs 2nd Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Who among the following topped the Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021?
A. Mukesh Ambani
B. Azim Premji
C. Shiv Nadar
D. Nandan Nilekani
E. Ratan Tata
Answer: Option B
Azim Premji topped the Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021. With this, he has
become India’s ‘most generous’ billionaire for 2nd straight year. With a total donation of
₹9713 crore in FY 2021, amounting to ₹27 crore per day, Premji, 76, saw his contribution
increase by nearly a fourth.
Q. Union Agriculture Minister Tomar and Lieutenant Governor Sinha virtually inaugurated
Apple Festival in which one of the following places in Jammu and Kashmir?
Answer: Option A
The Apple Festival is organized for the first time in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. The
organization of the apple festival under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav will prove to be a
milestone in increasing the income of the farmers. With an annual production of more than
2.2 million metric tonnes, the apple from J&K contributes to 87 per cent of the national
production and is linked to the livelihood of about 30 per cent of the population of Jammu
Q. What is the loan amount signed by India and ADB for urban flood management in Chennai?
A. USD 151 Million
B. USD 251 Million
C. USD 351 Million
D. USD 451 Million
E. USD 551 Million
Answer: Option B
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a USD 251 million
loan for climate-resilient, integrated urban flood protection and management in the
Chennai-Kosasthalaiyar basin to strengthen the resilience of Chennai city to floods.
Department of Economic Affairs Additional Secretary Rajat Kumar Mishra and ADB India
Resident Mission Country Director Takeo Konishi signed the pact.
Q. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chairman of NCLAT?
A. Navrang Saini
B. Bibek Debroy
C. Ashok Bhushan
D. MS Sahoo
E. Adarsh Kumar Goel
Answer: Option C
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Retired Supreme Court (SC) judge
Justice Ashok Bhushan as the chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
(NCLAT) for 4 years from the date of assuming the charge or till the time he turns 70 years
of age. Currently, Justice M Venugopal is the Acting Chairperson of the appellate tribunal.
Q. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended G20 health, finance ministers meet in which one of the following places?
E. Washington D.C.
Answer: Option B
Nirmala Sitharaman attended G20 health, finance ministers meet in Rome. The joint
meeting of the G-20 health and finance ministers in Rome was held on the eve of the G20
Leaders’ Summit on October 30-31. Sitharaman participated in the G-20 ministerial meet
for discussion on long-term challenges in pandemic prevention, preparedness and response and strengthening global health financing governance.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 2nd Nov 2021.