Get All the Important Current Affairs of 6th Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 6th Dec 2021.
Daily Current Affairs 6th Dec 2021
International Day of Persons with Disabilities or World Handicapped day is a global
observance celebrated every year on December 3 with a motive to promote the rights
and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society.
- The annual observance of this day was proclaimed in 1992 by United Nations General Assembly resolution 47/3 with an aim to increase awareness of the issues faced by persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life.
- Theme 2021: “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.”
Ministry of Commerce and Industry has approved the continuation of the Scheme for
Investment Promotion (SIP) for five years from 2021-22 till 2025-26 with a financial outlay
of Rs 970 crore
- SIP is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, launched on 11th November 2008, to promote Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into India.
- Implementing Agency – Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The scheme comprises a number of components and activities that enhance international cooperation for promoting investments through FDI and capacity building in India.
State in News
Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched a web portal named ‘Hamar Apan
Budget’ and a mobile application prepared by the state finance Department from the
Chief Minister’s residential office in Ranchi
Through this portal, the general public of the state can share their suggestions for
the 2022-23 budget.
▪ Capital: Ranchi
▪ Governor: Ramesh Bais
Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed a USD 112
million loan to develop water supply infrastructure and strengthen capacities of urban
local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery in four towns in the state of Jharkhand.
- Jharkhand has clinched the 1st Position among the 36 States & UTs of India based on the progress of implementation of Smart City projects, Rajasthan came second in the rankings.
- Jharkhand has launched the ‘Amrit Vahini’ App for the online booking of hospital beds.
Delhi Govt Launches ‘Business Blasters’ TV Show to Help School Children Pitch Start-up
Ideas to Investors
- Students of classes 11 and 12 of schools run by it an opportunity to present their start-up ideas to investors and obtain investment capital to take them to the next level.
- Business Blasters is the world’s biggest start-up programme.
- With 3 lakh ideas submitted by 51,000 students and Rs 60 crore up for grabs as seed capital, this programme is an integral part of the education revolution we want to bring in Delhi and eventually in India.
International Day of Banks is celebrated on December 4 to recognise the importance of
multilateral and international development banks in financing sustainable
- United Nations also observes the day in recognition of the vital role of banking systems in Member State in contributing to the improvement of the standard of living.
- In 2019, the United Nations General Assembly designated December 4 as the International Day of Banks. It is celebrated for the first time in 2020.
Private sector lender, Federal Bank has launched a feature-rich savings bank product for
- The savings scheme is called Mahila Mitra Plus and provides a curated set of features, designed to make financial planning and investments easy for women.
- The special features include exclusive preferential interest rates on housing loans, processing fee waiver for home loans, complimentary and customised insurance cover.
▪ Federal Bank Founded: 23 April 1931;
▪ Federal Bank Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala;
▪ Federal Bank MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan;
DBS Bank India has introduced a paperless proposition for the financing of domestic
invoices by buyers and sellers.
- The bank now digitally validates the e-Way Bill (i.e. proof of movement of goods) for the purpose of establishing the genuineness of underlying trade transactions.
- The adoption of this approach has enabled DBS to process transactions quicker without the need to obtain underlying physical documents.
- The bank has also executed its first paperless domestic trade financing transaction with Lincon Polymers Pvt. Ltd, marking a significant milestone in the bank’s digital transformation journey.
DBS has been honoured as the global winner for Most Innovative in Digital Banking by
Financial Times publication, The Banker, in its 2021 Innovation in Digital Banking Awards.
➢ DBS Bank has been named by Forbes in their list of World’s Best Banks 2021.
➢ DBS Bank has been named the world’s best bank by Global Finance magazine, in a
reflection of its ability to invest in digital innovation
➢ DBS Bank has launched real-time online tracking for cross-border payments for its
corporate clients, in partnership with SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (GPI).
Bajaj Finserv, one of the largest financial conglomerates in India, has launched the 2nd
phase of “Savdhaan Rahein. Safe Rahein”, a public awareness campaign on Life Insurance
The campaign has a jingle ‘Na Ji Na Ji’ with a character named ‘Gupta Ji’ who spreads
Aim: To educate its customers and the general public on how to stay safe from life
▪ Headquarters: Pune
▪ CEO: Sanjiv Bajaj
Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has been ranked ‘number
one Cooperative’ among the top 300 cooperatives in the world in the 2021 edition of
the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report, withholding its position from
The 2021 WCM report is published by the International Cooperative Alliance
(ICA) and European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises (Euricse).
WCM is a project designed to collect robust economic, organizational, and social data
about cooperatives worldwide.
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO):
▪ Founded: 1967
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
▪ MD & CEO: DR. U. S. Awasthi
Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
(OECD) decreased India’s growth forecast for FY-22 to 9.4% for FY22 from 9.7% estimated
in September 2021.
- It has projected the Indian economy to grow at 8.1% in FY23, and moderate to 5% in FY24.
- OECD lowered global growth forecast for 2021 to 5.6% from 5.7% earlier.
- OECD Secretary-General Mathias Cormann
India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
▪ Word Bank-3%
▪ RBI: 9.5%
Asian Development Bank has approved USD 500 million (about Rs 3,752 crore) loan to help
the government of India improve the quality of the country’s school education and
mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students’ learning.
The loan supports the Integrated Scheme for School Education (Samagra Shiksha) and the
new Exemplar School Initiative of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to improve education
quality by focusing on inclusive and equitable learning outcomes.
Rajshree Sancheti claimed the women’s 10-metre air rifle national title at the
Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy range in Bhopal.
- Rajshree finished the eight-woman final with a score of 251.8, more than 1.6 ahead of the silver winning Zeena Khitta of Himachal Pradesh.
- Shreya Agrawal won bronze ending with 227.7, to bow out after the 22nd shot of the 24- shot final.
- The junior women’s 10m air rifle crown was won by Tamil Nadu’s R. Narmada Nithin
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Director General Audrey Azoulay appointed Japanese film director Naomi Kawase as the UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries.
She has been recognised for her commitment to culture and creativity at the service of
the development of more just societies, especially for girls and women, and of her
support for the objectives of UNESCO.
UNESCO Founded: 16 November 1945
▪ Headquarters: Paris, France
▪ Members: 193 countries
▪ Head: Audrey Azoulay
HP Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar honoured the Himachal Pradesh police with
the ‘President’s Colour’ Award, which was received by the Director-General of Police
Sanjay Kundu on the behalf of state police.
Himachal Pradesh Police is India’s eighth state police force to receive this honour.
Himachal Pradesh: Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
▪ Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
▪ Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Current Affairs 6th Dec 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which company announced the launch of Transit Card, keeping in mind the vision
of one nation, one card?
Answer: Option C
▪ Paytm Payments Bank has launched the Paytm Transit Card to make payments for online
shopping and offline store purchases, as well as all metro, bus and rail travel, parking and
▪ This is part of the trend to move towards One Nation, One Card system and boost Digital
India initiative. The card also enables withdrawal of money from ATMs.
▪ Paytm Payments Bank is an Indian payments bank, founded in 2015 and headquartered
Q. SBI listed how much amount of green bonds simultaneously on the India
International Exchange (India INX) and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE).
a) USD 250-million
b) USD 450-million
c) USD 550-million
d) USD 650-million
e) USD 950-million
Answer: Option D
▪ State Bank of India (SBI) listed its USD 650-million green bonds simultaneously on
the India International Exchange (India INX) and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE).
▪ This dual listing is in line with 2021’s topic of the World Investor Week (WIW), ‘sustainable
finance’, as indicated by the regulatory body International Financial Services Centres
▪ India International Exchange (India INX) Founded: 2017
▪ Headquarters: Gandhinagar, Gujarat
▪ MD & CEO: V. Balasubramaniam
Q. Which Bank has launched the country’s first-ever standalone metal debit card, in
partnership with Visa, the global leader in digital payments.
a) IDFC FIRST Bank
b) Bandhan Bank
c) Airtel Payment Bank
d) Paytm Payment Bank
e) Central Bank of India
Answer: Option D
First Private Infinite is a lifetime free card designed specifically for customers who are
part of the Bank’s FIRST Private program, a premium savings and wealth offering.
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai
▪ Founded: October 2015
Q. Which company launched Health Savings Account” in partnership with neo bank
Answer: Option C
AI driven Health- tech company Fedo has announced a ‘Health Savings
Account’, called Fedo HSA, in collaboration with neo bank Open.
Predict future health better through AI. Revolutionizing healthcare with data and deep
tech. Fedo. Data & Deep Technology. Input Data.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India · Co Founder · Fedo: Prasanth Madavana
BankOpen is now Open
Mabel Chacko. Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer
Anish Achuthan. Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Q. Who assumed charge as the 25th Chief of the Naval Staff?
A) Rajnish Kumar
B) Sandeep Singh
C) R Hari Kumar
D) Karambir Singh
E) Pankaj Kumar Singh
Answer: Option C
Admiral R. Hari Kumar assumed charge as the 25th Chief of the Naval Staff. He received
Guard of Honour at the South Block lawns in New Delhi as the new Chief of Naval Staff.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 6th Dec 2021.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.