And we are here again with our daily blog, Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Jan 2020. This blog will help you capture the latest current and affairs and important news, thus enabling you to prepare for the upcoming exams. Considering General Awareness is a significant section of the exam, we are bringing you this daily series to help you with your preparations. Prepare for exams like SBI Clerk, RBI Assistant, IBPS Clerk, SSC CGL, and many more with Oliveboard. Let’s start with the blog;
Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Jan 2020
Daily Current Affairs Update – National
- Indian economy is estimated to grow at 5% in 2019-20 as against 6.8% in the previous fiscal, according to the 1st advanced estimates of the national income released by the National Statistical Office.
- India continued to be the top sourcing market for Sri Lanka tourism with Indian tourists constituting a maximum 19% of total tourist arrivals.
- Jammu & Kashmir has registered the highest Inpatient Department, IPD care in the country. 96% IPD care in rural areas of J&K is provided by Public Health Facilities.
- Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator Ravindra Nath Mahto from Nala constituency is unanimously elected as the new Assembly speaker.
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani has announced the setting up of the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center during the Children’s Innovation Festival (CIF) to identify, nurture & promote children’s innovation in the state.
- Commerce & Industry Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurated the National Stock Exchange (NSE) knowledge Hub, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered learning ecosystem that will assist the BFSI.
- Eminent marine scientists, fisheries researchers & marine biotechnologists from across the globe are expected to participate in the 3rd international symposium on marine ecosystems – challenges and opportunities (MECOS -3) in Kochi from Jan 7 to 10.
Daily Current Affairs Update – International
- The Royal Navy of Oman arrives in Goa for the bilateral Naval Exercise in the Arabian Sea. This exercise is a biennial event. Trikand & Teg from Indian Navy are deployed for the bilateral exercise.
- Uber Technologies Inc & South Korean automaker Hyundai Motors have teamed up to develop electric air taxis, joining the global race to make small self-flying cars to ease urban congestion.
Daily Current Affairs Update – Sports
- Leh-Ladakh hosted the 5th Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship-2020. Ladakh Scouts Regiment Centre (LSRC) won the bronze medal, in the Under-20 Boys category.
- India’s P Mangesh Chandran lifted the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress held at Hastings in England.
- Amina Orfi defeated Anahat Singh in the British Junior Open Squash Tournament U-13 girl’s title by 11-0,11-1, 11-4.
That is all from us in this blog; Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Jan 2020. Keep checking the space for more latest updates. Stay Tuned!
Join our telegram page for receiving daily updates about class and relevant study materials for all the banking/ government/ insurance exam.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book