Insurance & Financial Market Awareness is a separate section in the Mains or Phase II of LIC AAO 2019 Examination. This section carries 60 marks with a total of 30 questions asked. As it is the Phase II exam, it becomes very important to score high in this phase and this particular section can help you a lot in increasing your overall score. It is therefore advisable to prepare for this section thoroughly so that you do not miss out on any mark. In this blog we will be telling as to how you can go about your preparation for Financial Market Awareness for LIC AAO 2019 Exam.
Phase-II: Main Exam Pattern (For Generalist)
Without further ado let’s look at the Phase II or Mains Exam Pattern for LIC AAO 2019 Exam below:
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|Descriptive English (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||9||10||30 Minutes|
Note: English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
Financial Market Awareness for LIC AAO 2019 – How to Prepare?
First of all let us discuss topics that need to be studied under the Financial Awareness section for LIC AAO 2019 Exam.
Financial Market Awareness for LIC AAO 2019 – List of Topics
- Indian Financial System
- Financial Markets – An Overview
- Types of Financial Markets
- Money Markets and Capital Markets
- Primary and Secondary Markets
- Bond Markets and types of Bonds
- Spot Markets and Features of Spot Markets
- Derivatives and types of derivatives
- Over the Counter Markets
- Risks in the Financial Markets
- Stock Markets
- Role of SEBI
- How does LIC invests in financial markets (Role of LIC in Financial Markets)
Financial Market Awareness for LIC AAO 2019 – Books & Resources
Now let us look at the books and resources that you can refer to for the Financial Market Awareness for LIC AAO 2019.
- You can refer to the book on Indian Financial System by Bharati V Pathak for basic understanding of Financial Markets.
- Financial Awareness for Competitive Exams by Disha Publication
- Economic Issue of Pratiyogita Darpan
- You should read the FAQs given on websites of RBI, SEBI, IRDAI etc.
- You can refer PIB (Press Information Bureau) for current Government Schemes.
- For Static Financial Awareness, you can download Oliveboard’s Free Ebook on Financial Awareness
- For more Static GK you can download Banking Bolt PDF.
- A brief overview of IRDAI from IRDAI website (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India)
- You should also thoroughly go through the BUDGET 2019 because it is the latest document released bt the finance Minister and a few questions might be asked from it.
This above given list is not exhaustive but yet can be considered as a good start for your LIC AAO 2019 Exam Preparations. Go through them and prepare well.
Oliveboard is starting LIC AAO 2019 Crash Course – Live Online Course that is starting from 14th of March 2019. We can promise you that it will be the most comprehensive course that you will enroll in for LIC AAO 2019 Exam. There will be Live Classes taken by Oliveboard’s prestigious faculty. The course will include Video Lessons, Live Classes, Live Doubt Clearing Sessions, Live Practice Sessions, Mock Tests and more.
Do not miss this opportunity as this is the best trade-off of quality and price. Enroll for it below: