IBPS PO Mains Preparation Strategy –The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) releases the vacancy for Probationary officers every year for the candidates aspiring to join the industry. Public Sector Banks takes part in the recruitment process for IBPS PO. These are held once every year around September/October and notification of the same is released around August every year.
The IBPS PO Prelims 2021 has been conducted, with only few months left for IBPS PO Mains 2021 , we are positive that you are fully engrossed in your preparation but now is the time to devise a proper preparation strategy in order to ace the Mains examination. To get ahead of others and secure that one seat for yourself requires not just hard work but also smart work and it becomes imperative that you start thinking about the right strategy to get sure shot success. To help you in this endeavor, in this video, we discuss IBPS PO Mains preparation strategy for Quants section.
Table of Contents
IBPS PO 2021 Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Mains consists of 4 sections. It has the following exam pattern –
|Name of Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted for each section|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
As clearly mentioned in the pattern, 35 questions would be asked in this section, and you will have to finish this section in 45 minutes.
As the name suggests, Data Analysis & Interpretation comprises the major chunk of Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency questions. Now, the level of DI is higher in the Mains exam as the application of Arithmetic topics and logical cases are used in it.
Attempt Strategy for Quant Section in IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021
Below are a few important points that will surely help you frame your strategy.
- To start attempting any section, you should start with the topic where your confidence in the examination will boost up and this uncertainty will always be there in the examination to which topic will pick first and which one later. So for this attempting Mock tests will be very helpful and by giving a lot of mock tests you will have an idea of how to attempt this section according to your strengths.
- You should not attempt Mock tests in a similar pattern cause nowadays, there are lots of surprises in the examination. If you picked Data Interpretation first in one mock test, then in the next mock test you should pick an Arithmetic topic or Data sufficiency topic and pick some other questions which make you uncomfortable.
- A mock test is a simulation exercise and there you have to put yourself in an uncomfortable position deliberately. So, that you can deal with surprises of examination.
- Joining Oliveboard’s IBPS PO Mains Crash Course would also help you and you can also prefer the Data Interpretation Decoded book by Oliveboard in which you get all the latest pattern questions.
IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to clear the IBPS PO Exam 2021.
- Make Time Table- Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are plenty of books available in the market, but reading all of them will be of no use. Refer to the standard books only. If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer to them for your preparation.
- Practice is the key: One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of Practicing as much as they can. For this exam, Practice is the key, you have to practice a lot of questions before appearing in the actual exam.
- Mock Tests: Join a mock test series for better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
IBPS PO Mains Preparation Strategy To Score Maximum In Quants Section
Wondering how you would perform in the real exam? Well, now you can check it right away! Oliveboard Free All-India Mock Test that’s been taken by thousands of aspirants already to see where you stand. To receive preparation material along with other relevant helpful content for your banking and government examinations, subscribe to the Oliveboard’s YouTube channel and you may click here to subscribe.
Alternatively, you can also download the Oliveboard Mobile App for free study material and other latest updates.
Happy Learning from Oliveboard!
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
04th and 11th December 2021 is the date of IBPS PO prelims exam 2021.
There 3 stages in the IBPS PO selection procedure: Preliminary Examination, Main Exam, and interview. The candidate has to qualify in each stage for becoming eligible for an appointment to IBPS PO.
Oliveboard provides 20 IBPS PO Prelims Mock Tests, 10 Mains Mock Tests, and 100+ Sectional & Topic Tests. Solving these mock tests and analyzing your performance after each mock test is the best way to clear the IBPS PO Prelims Exams.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in