IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is slated to conduct one of the most sought after exam IBPS Specialist Officer on 24th and 31th of this month. The IBPS SO IT Officer is one of the most sought after exams among them, which is conducted for the recruitment of IT Officers in Banks. The Specialist IT Officer recruitment exam has 4 sections namely; Reasoning, English language, Quantitative Aptitude & Professional Knowledge, with 200 questions for a total of 80 marks. The exam has sectional timing & the total time provided is 120 minutes.
We are sure your preparation for IBPS Specialist Officer Exam is in full-swing. While it is important to prepare for the exam, it is equally important to strategize it. Therefore, to make it easier for you to strategize your IT Officer Exam, we are providing the IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation tips, Exam Syllabus, Last Minute Tips & details of the Cut Off and Exam Pattern in the following article:
IBPS SO IT Officer 2022 Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Name of the section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration (Mins)|
The above tests except the test of English Language will be available bilingually i.e. English and Hindi
*Only qualifying. Marks obtained will not be added for merit listing for interview.
Use the following last minute IBPS SO IT Officer Exam tips to strategize your final week exam preparations:
Last Minute Tips To Strategize Your IT Officer Exam
- Note that Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude sections are of qualifying nature. The marks obtained in these sections will not be added for the final merit list before the Personal Interview.
- The Professional Knowledge section is the most important and takes a major focus in the exam. However, the other sections should not be neglected, as you are required to clear the sectional cut offs of these sections in order to qualify for the next round in the recruitment process.
- IT Officer’s Reasoning section will test your logical thinking and choice-making. Practice as many questions as you can from this section and practice different kinds of questions. Take some time out to solve Sudoku, crossword, word puzzles online.
- English language in IT Officer exam will test your grammar and vocabulary. Take some time out every day to read online and read a variety of texts. If you don’t understand a particular word, look it up on the dictionary immediately.
- Quant tests your math and calculation speed. The questions in quant are broadly based on what you learnt in your 8th to 10th Like reasoning, practice is vital to master the Quantitative Aptitude topics for IT Officer exam.
- The Professional Knowledge section is roughly based on what you learnt in your graduation like B.tech. It’s a good idea to glance through your academic books once.
- Go through the IBPS SO IT Officer Previous Year Exam paper to get an idea about the kind of questions you can expect in the exam. There are plenty of book stores selling previous year solved model papers of IBPS Specialist IT Officer exam.
- Go through your detailed IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Syllabus topics and divide them by the number of days available for your preparation. Use the previous year IBPS SO IT Officer cut off marks details to strategize your exam.
- You have roughly a week left for the exam. Use this time to gather your IBPS SO IT Officer exam study material and practice and improve on your weak areas from the IT Officer Exam Syllabus and improve your speed and accuracy.
- Do not ignore your stronger sections. While it is important to practice more questions from your weak sections, it is equally important to practice adequate number of questions from your stronger sections too.
- To identify your weak areas, take an IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test and analyze your performance. IBPS SO IT Officer online mock test series help you determine your weak areas and speed and accuracy.
Click here to take a FREE IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test.
- Use the remainder of your preparation time to practice sufficient questions from your weak areas and improve your speed and accuracy.
- Take one IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test after every practice session to track your progress on the weak areas.
- It’s a good idea to take mock tests at around the same time as your final IT Officer exam to get your brain acquainted to it.
- Time is very crucial in the IT Officer Exam. It’s a good idea to set a timer during your practice sessions. If you could solve a question in 1 minute, challenge yourself to break that record and try solving it in 30 seconds.
- Maintain a practice workbook and note down all the important formulas, shortcuts and concepts in it. You can use the workbook during your revision. Revise every topic under the Specialist IT Officer Exam Syllabus.
- Avoid using rough sheets for minor calculations. Practice making calculations mentally. This will save you time during your exam.
- Do not spend too much time on a particular question. If you don’t know the answer to a question, ‘mark it for review’ and get back to it later.
- Only answer a question if you’re confident about it and avoid guess work. Specialist IT Officer Exam has negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- It is important that you remain calm during your exam. Take frequent breaks during your preparation. 30 minutes of exercise and meditation every day will help you keep your stress levels under control.
Important resources for your IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Preparation
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2023, 23rd September, All Shifts
- BCI Organises International Lawyers’ Conference 2023 in New Delhi
- 23 September Current Affairs 2023 in English
- India Becomes No 1 Ranked Team in All 3 Formats of Cricket
- PM lays Foundation Stone of International Cricket Stadium in Kashi
Use the above last minute exam preparation tips and details of IBPS SO IT Officer exam pattern, syllabus, strategy and cut off marks as a preparation guide to prepare and strategize your IBPS SO IT Officer Examination.
Click here to check out the IBPS SO IT Officer Job Profile, Responsibilities, Salary & Career Promotions.
Click here to take a FREE IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test. We wish you all the very best in your IBPS Specialist Officer Exam.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in