Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra UPSC
To commemorate Janjatiya Gaurav Divas, which honors the birth anniversary of tribal leader Birsa Munda, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra from Khunti, Jharkhand. Five specially designed Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) Vans, showcasing the government’s flagship welfare programs, were dispatched to various Gram Panchayats with a substantial tribal population in Khunti district and surrounding areas.
Similar IEC vans were flagged off by important dignitaries like Governors, Chief Ministers, Union Ministers, and Ministers of State from 68 districts across the country with significant tribal populations.
What is Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
The Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra aims to raise awareness and deliver the benefits of key welfare programs to the people. These include initiatives related to sanitation facilities, essential financial services, electricity connections, access to LPG cylinders, housing for the underprivileged, food security, proper nutrition, reliable healthcare, and clean drinking water. The Yatra is focused on reaching out to communities and ensuring the dissemination of information about these welfare schemes.
The Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra is actively publicizing various government schemes to enhance awareness and ensure the benefits reach the intended beneficiaries. Some of the highlighted schemes include:
- Ayushman Bharat – PMJAY
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural)
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
- Kisan Credit Card (KCC)
- Pradhan Mantri Poshan Abhiyan
- Har Ghar Jal – Jal Jeevan Mission
- Survey of villages and mapping with improvised technology in village areas (SVAMITVA)
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri PRANAM
- Nano Fertilizer
These schemes cover a range of areas such as healthcare, food security, housing, agriculture, and financial inclusion. The Yatra aims to promote awareness and accessibility to these essential programs for the tribal population.
The Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra is addressing specific concerns of tribal areas by focusing on various initiatives, including:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia Elimination Mission: Addressing health concerns specific to tribal populations.
- Enrolment in Eklavya Model Residential Schools: Promoting education by encouraging enrollment in specialized residential schools.
- Scholarship Schemes: Ensuring access to educational opportunities through scholarship programs.
- Forest Right Titles – Individual and Community Land: Advocating for the recognition of land rights for tribal communities.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendra – Organising Self-Help Groups: Encouraging economic empowerment by establishing self-help groups.
About the IEC Vans
The Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) Vans have been equipped to disseminate information effectively, using audiovisuals, brochures, pamphlets, booklets, and standees in Hindi and state languages. These materials showcase the major schemes, highlights, and achievements at national, state, and district levels.
Ground activities include Jan Bhagidari events, experience sharing by scheme beneficiaries, interactions with progressive farmers, celebrations of Gram Panchayats achieving 100% saturation of various schemes, on-the-spot quiz competitions, drone demonstrations, health camps, Mera Yuva Bharat volunteer enrolment, and more. These activities aim to engage the community and create awareness about the government’s welfare programs.
Significance of the Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
The Viksit Bharat Campaign, one of the most extensive outreach initiatives ever undertaken, will cover over 2.55 lakh Gram Panchayats and over 3,600 urban local bodies by January 25, 2024, reaching every district in the country.
This comprehensive campaign is executed with a “whole of Government” approach, ensuring active participation and involvement of State Governments, District authorities, Urban Local Bodies, and Gram Panchayats. The collaborative effort aims to create widespread awareness and promote the benefits of various government welfare programs, enhancing the overall socio-economic development of communities across India.
Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra Quiz
The Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra is a nationwide campaign that aims to promote the government’s vision of an “Aatmnirbhar Bharat” or self-reliant India. The quiz is a way to test people’s knowledge about the campaign and its goals.
It is available on the mygov.in website.
The quiz is a good way to learn more about the Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra and to support the campaign’s goals. It is also a fun and challenging way to test your knowledge about India’s development.
- 25 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- Central Excise Day 2024 (24th February), Theme & History
- National Science Day 2024 (28th February), Theme & History
- International Women’s Day 2024 (8th March), Theme, Significance
- National Cinema Day 2024 (11th October), Theme & History