In 2021, the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has released the notification to fill 585 vacancies for Junior Engineers in the Department of Water Resource, Punjab, and 27 vacancies in Punjab Water Resources Management and Development Corporation. The eligible individuals must apply for the required position. This blog consists of various details regarding eligibility criteria, PPSC JE Civil Exam pattern details, Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam syllabus, preparation strategy and important dates.
Table of Contents
- Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam Syllabus
- PPSC JE Civil Exam Pattern 2021
- PPSC JE Recruitment Important Dates 2021
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fees For PPSC JE Civil Examination 2021
- Online Application Form For PPSC Recruitment 2021
- PPSC JE Civil Preparation Strategy For Students
- Punjab PSC JE Civil Syllabus & Exam Pattern – FAQS
Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam Syllabus
PPSC Junior Engineer Civil Examination is a competitive exam conducted by Punjab Government. This objective paper checks the knowledge of the candidate from Engineering Subjects, General Knowledge, and Reasoning. An aspirant needs to prepare for the exams thoroughly. The candidate must be aware of the syllabus beforehand to clear the exams. You can find the PPSC JE Civil exam syllabus online and prepare for the exams.
Following are the subjects for the Juniors Engineer civil exam:
|Logical reasoning syllabus||Mental Ability Syllabus||General Knowledge Syllabus||Technical syllabus (Civil)|
|Data Interpretation||Nonverbal Reasoning||Indian Culture||Engineering Drawing|
|Data Sufficiency||Visual Ability||Overview of the Indian Financial System||Applied Mechanics|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Blood Relations||History of the Indian banking system||Fluid Mechanics|
|Verbal Reasoning||Number Series||Recent credit and monetary policies||Surveying|
|Logical Reasoning||Statements||Overview of the Indian Financial System||Construction materials & building construction|
|Analytical Reasoning||Analogies||History of the Indian banking system||Structural Engineering|
|Number Series||Symmetry||Recent credit and monetary policies||Earthquake resistant building construction|
|Essential Part||Symbols and Notations||Sports||Water supply and wastewater engineering|
|Puzzles||Analytical Reasoning||Indian History||Soil and foundation engineering|
|Letter and Symbol Series||Arrangements||Famous Days & Dates||Transportation engineering|
|Verbal Classification||Similarities and Differences||Indian Politics||Irrigation engineering|
|Statement and Argument||Syllogisms||Indian Parliament||Environmental engineering|
|Logical Deduction||Alphabet Series||Awards & Honours||Quantity surveying and valuation|
|Analogies||Coding-Decoding||Geography||Repair and maintenance of buildings|
|Artificial Language||Data Sufficiency||Current affairs (national and international issues of the last 6 months)||Construction management and accounts|
|Matching Definitions||Directions||Environment||Basics of management|
|Statement and Conclusion||Classification||Indian Economy|
|Cause and Effect||Basic Computer|
|Making Judgments||Famous Books & their Authors|
PPSC JE Civil Exam Pattern 2021
To score good marks in a competitive exam, candidates should be aware of the exam pattern. You can find the 2021 PPSC JE Civil exam pattern online in the notification.
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Total Number of Questions||120 Questions|
|Marks for each Question||2.5 Marks|
|Time Allowed||2 Hours|
|Negative Marking||0.5 Marks for each wrong answer|
|Civil Discipline||100 Questions||250 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, General Knowledge||20 Questions||50 Marks|
|Final Selection Marks||45% for General Category, 40% for SC/ST and OBC Category|
|Final Selection Interview||No Interview|
PPSC JE Recruitment Important Dates 2021
|PPSC JE RECRUITMENT IMPORTANT EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|PPSC JE 2021 Notification release date||6th March 2021|
|Starting date for PPSC JE 2021 Application form||6th March 2021|
|Last date to apply for PPSC JE 2021 Civil examination||19th May 2021|
|Last date to correct the application form||26th May 2021|
|PPSC Admit card release date 2021||To be announced|
|PPSC Exam date 2021||To be announced|
|PPSC JE Result date 2021||To be announced|
There are eligibility criteria as to age and educational qualifications to appear in the JE(Civil) Exam conducted by PPSC.
- The candidate’s age should be between 18-37 years as of 1st January 2021.
- For Scheduled castes and backward classes of Punjab- the age limit is relaxed up to 42 years.
- For the employees of all States and Centres and Punjab Government’s Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities- the age limit is relaxed up to 45 years.
- For widows, divorcees, and certain other Categories of women- the age limit is relaxed up to 42 years.
- The age limit is relaxed up to 47 years for Persons with Disability of Punjab.
- Candidates should possess a three-year Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Board/ University/ Institution.
- Candidates should be of Punjab Domicile with Matric or its equivalent Standard.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Application Fees For PPSC JE Civil Examination 2021
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab State only.||Rs. 750 (Application fees and examination fees)|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only||Rs. 500 (Application fees only)|
|Economical Weaker Section (EWS)/ Person with disability (PWD) & Lineal Descendant of Ex-servicemen, Punjab||Rs. 500 (Application fees only)|
|All Others Categories||Rs. 1500 (Application fees and examination fees)|
Online Application Form For PPSC Recruitment 2021
- First of all, the eligible candidates should visit the website https://ppsc.gov.in/ where they would be required to fill the application form.
- Every candidate must possess a valid mobile number and e-mail ID for future communication.
- The candidates should upload the recent scanned copy of a passport size photograph and the signature in the prescribed format.
- Fill in the relevant details of the application form correctly.
- After submitting the Online Application Form, candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
PPSC JE Civil Preparation Strategy For Students
Do you want to clear this exam but unable to make a study plan? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Every aspirant must follow these tips to crack this competitive exam:
1. Make a time-table
A timetable is an essential but tricky thing to do for most students. But making a timetable ensures how much time you are putting into different concepts. Say you are studying 10 hours per day – make sure that you are putting these hours to relevant topics.
2. Start with basics
Basics are the foundation of every subject. Make sure you are aware of the basics thoroughly.
3. Make notes
Every student should make notes while studying. It helps in recalling the concepts on exam days.
4. Take short breaks
Breaks are super essential to regain concentration. Avoid using social media during the breaks. Instead, go for a walk or talk to your friends and family.
5. Avoid referring to multiple study material
Refer to one comprehensive book and past examination papers for practice. Please don’t refer to multiple books, as it will create confusion.
6. Enroll yourself in coaching and mock tests
Take good coaching from experts and attempt multiple mock tests. Enrol yourself in test series, too, for excellent preparation. You can always use online platforms like Oliveboard for your preparations. It provides up-to-date exam content, live group sessions, and multiple facilities to students.
That’s all about the PPSC JE Civil Examination 2021- from the PPSC JE Civil exam pattern to preparation strategy. Be confident and work hard every day to achieve your goals.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Syllabus & Exam Pattern – FAQS
Usually, the PPSC JE civil exam pattern stays the same. Any changes in the exam pattern will be notified on https://ppsc.gov.in/.
Candidates need to pass the written examinations. No interview shall be conducted post the written exam.
There is no limit on the number of attempts a candidate can give. But there is an age limit imposed for appearing in the examinations.
The cutoff varies every year. It depends on the number of candidates who appeared.
The admit cards will be available on the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission. Candidates are required to take a printed copy of the same.
Don’t worry. Many students face the exact problem while preparing for the exam.
– First of all, you should focus on the crucial concepts if you face difficulty in completing the entire syllabus.
– Refer to the past examination papers to know the key areas that you must prepare.
– Enrol in Oliveboard for the best guidance.
– Refer to one comprehensive book.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.