The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for PPSC 2021 recruitment to the 1113 posts of Junior Engineer (Civil) in different civil departments of the Punjab Government. In this blog on PPSC JE Recruitment Notification 2021, we will be discussing the important dates related to exams and the application process and will also discuss important details such as the PPSC JE Recruitment Notification syllabus, exam pattern, vacancies, salary etc.
Table of Contents
- PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] 2021 | Overview
- Punjab PSC JE Civil Recruitment 2021 Vacancy
- PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] Selection Criteria
- PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] 2021 | Exam Pattern
- PPSC JE Civil Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
- PPSC JE Recruitment Notification 2021 | Salary Structure
- PPSC JE Civil Exam Application Process
- PPSC JE Recruitment FAQs
- Free Ebooks
PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] 2021 | Overview
Let us have a quick glance at the Punjab PPSC JE Recruitment Notification 2021. For complete details please follow the blog.
|Exam Name||PPSC JE Civil 2021|
|Number of Vacancies||1113|
|PPSC JE Civil Online registration starts||18.03.2021|
|PPSC JE Civl Online registration ends||19.05.2021|
|Exam Stages of PPSC JE Civil||Questions From the Subject (Civil Discipline) & Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability, and General Knowledge.|
|PPS JE Civil Admit Card||Not Announced Yet|
|Online exam date||Not Announced Yet|
Punjab PSC JE Civil Recruitment 2021 Vacancy
The Punjab PSC JE Civil Vacancy details in different Punjab government departments are as follows. The PPSC has announced a total of 1113 vacancies for the posts of Junior Engineer.
|Sr.No.||Name of Post||No. of Posts||Department|
|1||Junior Engineer (Civil)||585||Water Resource, Government of Punjab.|
|2||Junior Engineer (Civil)||27||Punjab Water Resource Management and Dev. Corporation|
|3||Junior Engineer (Civil)||81||Water Supply and Sanitation|
|4||Junior Engineer (Civil)||125||Rural Development and Panchayat|
|5||Junior Engineer (Civil)||210||PWD B&R|
|6||Junior Engineer Public Health||05||PUDA Punjab Housing and Urban Development|
|7||Junior Engineer (Civil)||27||PUDA Punjab Housing and Urban Development|
|8||Junior Engineer (Civil)||53||Water Supply and Sewerage Board Local Govt.|
PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] Selection Criteria
The PPSC JE Recruitment selection criteria will be as follows:
(i) Educational Qualifications
(ii) Age Limit
The revised academic qualification for the posts is now as under:
1. Should possess three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or from a recognized University or Institution.
2. Higher qualification in the same discipline i.e. Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
Age – Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2021.
PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] 2021 | Exam Pattern
We have two sections for the online written PPSC JE Civil exam 2021. In the first section, we will have questions Questions From the Subject (Civil Discipline) and in the other section, we will have Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability, and General Knowledge.
|Questions From the Subject (Civil Discipline)||100||250|
|Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability, and General Knowledge||20||50|
PPSC JE Civil Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for PPSC JE Civil exam is as follows:
1) ENGINEERING DRAWING: Lettering Technique and Practice, Dimensioning Techniques (Necessity of dimensioning, method and principles of dimensioning, etc.), Scales (need and importance of scales, Drawing of plain and diagonal scales, etc.), Projections, Sections, Symbols and Conventions.
2) APPLIED MECHANICS: Introduction, Laws of forces, Moment, Friction, Centre of Gravity, etc.
3) FLUID MECHANICS: Introduction, Properties of Fluids, Hydrostatic Pressure, Measurement of Pressure, Fundamentals of Fluid Flow (Types of Flow, Discharge, hydraulic energy, Bernoulli’s theorem, etc.), Flow Measurements (brief description with simple numerical problems, Venturimeter, Pitot tube, Orifice, Current meters, Notches, etc.), Flow-through Pipes (Definition of pipe flow; Reynolds number, laminar and turbulent flow, Critical velocity and velocity distributions in a pipe for laminar flow, Head loss in pipelines, Hydraulic gradient line and total energy line, Pipes in series and parallel, Water hammer phenomenon, etc.), Flow-through open channels (uniform and non-uniform flow, discharge through channels using Chezy’s formula and Manning’s formula, Most economical sections, rectangular, trapezoidal and circular, etc.), Hydraulic Pumps and motors (types, uses and efficiency, etc.)
4) SURVEYING: Basic principles of surveying, Concept and purpose, Instruments used for taking these measurements, etc., Chain surveying, Compass surveying, Levelling, Plane Table Surveying, Total Station Method, Auto Level, Contouring, Theodolite Surveying, Tacho-metric surveying, Curves, Digital Survey, Introduction to the use of Modern Surveying equipment and techniques, Total Stations etc.
5) CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS & BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: General characteristics of stones, Requirements of good building stones, Identification of common building stones, Bricks and Tiles, Cement (Various types of Cements, Properties of cement etc.), Lime, Timber and Wood-Based Products, Paints and Varnishes, Miscellaneous Materials, etc., Introduction to Building Construction, Foundation, Walls, Masonry, Arches and Lintels, Doors, Windows and Ventilators, Damp Proofing and Water Proofing, Floors, Roofs, Stairs, Anti Termite Measures, Building Planning, etc. Concrete uses of concrete in comparison to other building materials, Ingredients of Concrete, Properties of Concrete, proportioning for Normal Concrete, Introduction to Admixtures for improving the performance of concrete, Special Concretes (Concreting under special conditions, difficulties and precautions before, during and after concreting, Ready mix concrete, Fibre reinforced concrete, Polymer Concrete, Fly ash concrete, Sillica fume concrete, etc.), Concreting Operations (Storing of Cement, Storing of Aggregate, Batching, Mixing, Transportation of concrete, Placement of concrete, Compaction, Curing, Jointing, Defects in concrete, etc.).
6) STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Simple stresses and strains, Elasticity, Hooke’s Law, Moduli of Elasticity and Rigidity. Stresses and strains of homogeneous materials and composite sections. Types of beams and supports and loads, Concept of bending moment and shear force. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simple cases. Deflection in beams. Moment area theorem, Bending and shear stresses in circular, rectangular, T and L sections, Introduction to I.S:456 (latest edition), Design of singly and doubly Reinforced beams, Design of Columns-Types of Columns. Short and long column load-carrying capacity, the effective length of the column, lateral and helical ties. I.S. Specifications for reinforcement detailing. Design of slabs types of slabs, one- way slab, two-way slab, I.S. specifications for Reinforcement detailing the method of design as per I.S. code. Design of foundations-isolated footing rectangular footing, square footings, circular footings. Design of tension members in structural steel, gross area, net area, tension splice, Design of compression members, column Page 13 of 18 splice, load-carrying capacities. Design of beams in structural steel, Basic concept of prestressed concrete, advantages of prestressed concrete in comparison with RCC application of prestressed to various building elements, bridges, water tanks, and precast elements, Materials, Prestressing Methods, Bending and Shear Capacity, Losses in Prestressing, etc.
7) EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Elements of Engineering Seismology, Performance of building during earthquakes and Mode of failure, Special construction method, tips and precautions to be observed while planning, designing and construction of the earthquake-resistant building, Introduction to IS: 4326, IS: 13828, IS: 1893(Part 1), 154326 and IS: 13920 (latest edition), Seismic Provision of Strengthening and Retrofitting Measures for Traditionally- Built Constructions, Brick and RCC Structures, Provision of reinforcement detailing in masonry and RC constructions.
8) WATER SUPPLY AND WASTE WATER ENGINEERING: Water Supply- Water requirement, Rate of demand and supply, Per capita consumption, Population Forecasting etc., Physical, Chemical and bacteriological properties, Standard of potable water as per Indian Standard etc., Water Treatment including Sedimentation, Coagulation, flocculation, Filtration, disinfection of water, chlorination, water treatment plants, R.O.s etc., Different types of pipes, fire hydrants, water meters their working and uses, Distribution system etc., Laying out Pipes Waste Water Engineering-Definition of terms in sanitary engineering, Surface drains, Types of sewage, Sewerage, Laying and Construction of Sewers, Sewage characteristics (Properties of sewage as per IS standards), Natural Methods of Sewerage Disposal, Sewage Treatment, BOD, COD, Building Drainage (Different sanitary fittings and installations, Traps, seals, Testing of house drainage etc.), Drains and Sewers, Traps, inspection chamber, Septic Tank and Soak Pit, Bathroom and W.C connections etc.
9) SOIL AND FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Physical Properties of Soils, Classification and Identification of Soils, Permeability and its importance, Effective Stress, Strength Characteristics of Soils, Compaction, Bearing Capacity of soil, Concept of shallow and deep foundation; types of shallow foundations and their suitability. Factors affecting the depth of shallow foundations, deep foundations, type of piles and their suitability; pile classification on the basis of material, pile group and pile cap, etc.
10) TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING: Introduction of Transportation Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Road materials, Geometric design, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, Road Maintenance, Railway Engineering Rails, Sleepers, ballast, points and crossing, Track laying and track maintenance.
11) IRRIGATION ENGINEERING: Introduction to irrigation, methods of irrigation, tube well irrigation, tank irrigation, sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, water logging, design of irrigation canals, and irrigation outlets.
12) ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: Importance of Environmental Engineering, Water Pollution (Causes lakes and its preventing measure, BIS standards for water quality, etc.), Air Pollution, Noise Pollution, Effects of mining, blasting and deforestation, Land Use (land use and natural disasters, landslides, etc.) soil degradation problems – erosion, waterlogging, soil pollution etc.), Environmental Impact Assessment, Legislation to Control Environmental Pollution (Indian legislative acts for water, land and air pollution control – provisions, scope and implementation, etc.), Renewable Source of Energy etc.
13) QUANTITY SURVEYING AND VALUATION: Introduction to quantity surveying and its importance, duties of a quantity surveyor, types of estimates, measurement, preparation of detailed and abstract, estimates from drawings, calculation of quantities of materials, analysis of rates, contractorship, preparation of tender document based on Common Schedule of Rates (CSR).
14) REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF BUILDINGS: Need for maintenance, agencies causing Page 14 of 18 deterioration (sources, causes, effects), investigation and diagnosis of defects, defects and their root causes, materials for repair, maintenance and protection, remedial measures for building defects, surface preparation techniques for repair, crack repair methods, repair of surface defects of concrete, repair of corrosion in RCC elements, repair of DPC against rising dampness, repair of walls, waterproofing of wet areas and roofs, repair of joints in buildings etc.
15) CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTS: Construction Planning, CPM, PERT, site organization, Construction Labour (Labour Welfare Fund Act 1936 (as amended), Payment of Wages Act 1936 (as amended), Minimum Wages Act 1948 (as amended), control of progress, inspection and quality control, accidents and safety in construction, accounts, public work accounts, request for quotation, bill of quantities, measurement book, indent book, material at site register.
16) BASICS OF MANAGEMENT: Introduction, Leadership, Motivation, Ethics and Values, Team related skills- sympathy, empathy, co-operation, concern, lead and negotiate, work well with people from culturally diverse background, Communication in group – conversation and listening skills, Task Initiation, Task Planning, Task execution, Task closeout, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Need, various types of customers, customer satisfaction, life- long customer, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and its significance, Elementary knowledge of Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance Act, Labour welfare schemes, Labour laws, worker and public safety techniques, systems of wage payment, incentives, Factory Act 1948 with special reference to health, safety and welfare measures, working hours, annual leave with wages, Payment of Wages Act1936, Minimum Wages Act 1948, safeguards in construction practices, Introduction to Total Quality Management (TQM), Community Participation in Water Supply and Sanitation, Roll of Women in Water Supply and Sanitation etc.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
PPSC JE Recruitment Notification 2021 | Salary Structure
PAY SCALE: Rs. 35400/- initial Pay.
Fixed emolument equal to Minimum Pay without any allowance will be paid during the probation period of 3 years.
PPSC JE Civil Exam Application Process
Let us have a look at the PPSC JE Recruitment Notification Apply Online Process, application fees, and the document checklist in detail.
Aspirants can follow the steps given below to apply online for PPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2021.
- Click on the link (New registration closed)
- Register by creating a username and email id.
- Go to the Login Page
- Complete the application form by filling in all the details: credentials, email address, phone number, Education qualifications, and other contact details
- Upload signature, photograph, and required certificates
- Make payment (offline deposit via DD/Challan)
- Save the Application form for future reference
- Fill the Joint Information Module for Civil Engineers which will be live on the website of the Commission from 27/5/2021 to 3/6/2021 giving the details of all the posts applied for.
The revised fee structure for the recruitments are as follows:
|Name of Category||Online Application charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Others Backward Classes of Punjab State only.||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-||750/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/ Person with Disability (PWD) and Lineal Descendant of Ex-servicemen (LDESM) Punjab||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories i.e. General, Sports Persons of Punjab and Wards of Freedom Fighters Punjab||Rs 500/-||Rs. 1000/-||1500/-|
- Candidates who have already deposited the fee as per older norms shall not pay again the examination fee.
- Candidates who have already registered online for all the posts but could not deposit fee because of technical constraints, need to re-print the Bank Challan for a registration fee of Rs 500/- for each post of various departments applied for and submit the application forms after the deposition of Rs 500/- for each form. The last date for submitting the registration fee is 26/5/2021.
- Candidates who have applied for one or more number of departments need to fill only One Examination fee (i.e.Rs 1000/- for General category, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST and BC Punjab and no examination fee for ESM/LDESM/Persons with disability and Economically Weaker Section Punjab) in the form of DEMAND DRAFT in name of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission to be deposited by hand at the reception counter of PPSC.
After depositing the registration Fee for different departments, candidates MUST fill the Joint Information Module for Civil Engineers which will be live on the website of the Commission from 27/5/2021 to 3/6/2021 giving the details of all the posts applied for. Candidates are advised to fill this module very carefully as no correction will be allowed at any later stage.
Document Check List:
|For Persons with Disability Candidates||For Sports Persons Candidates||For Other Candidates|
|1. Hard copy of filled Joint Information Module
2. Disability Certificate
3. Hard Copy of Application Forms
|1. Hard copy of filled Joint
2. Sports Gradation Certificate
3. Hard Copy of Application Forms
4. Draft for Examination fee (BY Hand)
|1. Hard copy of Filled Joint Information Module.
2. Demand Draft for Examination fee. (BY Hand)
NOTE: No Draft shall be accepted at the reception counter if it is not accompanied by the documents mentioned in the Checklist.
This is all from us in this blog, PPSC JE Recruitment Notification [Civil] 2021. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information.
PPSC JE Recruitment FAQs
A total of 1113 vacancies has been announced for PPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2021.
Online application for the post was open from 6 March to 19 May 2021 followed by the payment of fees by 27th May 2021.
Candidate Should possess three years Diploma of Junior Engineer in Civil Engineering / BTech in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or from recognized University or Institution; Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
PPSC JE tentative exam duration is last week of June 2021.
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Dikshant (DJ) is an engineer turned banker. He has cleared many competitive exams before his current placement. Being an officer in the bank, DJ is super busy but makes sure that he always finds time for writing informative & exam-oriented content to help students in cracking competitive exams such as SBI, IBPS, SSC, JAIIB/ CAIIB and many more.