The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS RRB PO Recruitment notification 2020 for the hiring of probationary officers in the Rural & Regional Banks across the country. This is one of the most sought after exams by the aspirants preparing for the bank exams after the SBI PO.
This article will provide you important details regarding the recruitment process. You will be familiarised with the complete details starting from the eligibility, selection procedure, syllabus for the exam, and more.
- 1. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- 1.1 IBPS RRB PO Official Notification PDF
- 2. IBPS RRB PO 2020 – Apply Online
- 3. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- 4. IBPS RRB PO Notification 2020 – Selection Procedure
- 5. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies
- 6. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Preparation Resources
- 7. What is the Salary of An IBPS RRB PO Recruit?
- 8. IBPS RRB PO Job Profile & Career Growth (Scale 1 Officer)
- 9. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Application Process
- 10. IBPS RRB PO 2020 Admit Card
- 11. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- Official Notification release date – 30 June 2020
- Online Registration Start Date – 01 July 2020
- Online Registration End Date – 21 July 2020
- Download call letter for PET – 12th August 2020
- Date of Prelims Exam – September/October 2020
- Date of Mains Exam – Oct/Nov 2020
- Date of mains result declaration – to be announced soon
- Provisional Allotment – January 2021
The dates for prelims and mains are officially notified in the annual calendar released by the IBPS.
1.1 IBPS RRB PO Official Notification PDF
Download the detailed notification below:
2. IBPS RRB PO 2020 – Apply Online
The link to apply online is activated now and candidates willing to fill up the form can apply here.
3. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- For Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 40 years i.e. candidates should not have been
born earlier than 03.07.1980 and later than 30.06.1999 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-II (Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 32 years i.e. candidates should not have been born
earlier than 03.07.1988 and later than 30.06.1999 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)– Above 18 years – Below 30 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.07.1990 and later than 30.06.2002 (both dates inclusive)
For Probationary Officers (Assistant Managers)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent. Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
- Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- Desirable: Working knowledge of computers.
Note: These details are based on the 2019 notification and any changes in 2020 will be updated here with the official release of notification.
4. IBPS RRB PO Notification 2020 – Selection Procedure
The recruitment procedure for the Probationary Officers (Assistant Managers) posts involves three stages that are Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
For Probationary Officers Scale I, candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for the Main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be coordinated by the Nodal Regional Rural Banks with the help of NABARD and IBPS in consultation with the appropriate authority.
4.1 For Probationary Officers (Assistant Manager)
4.1.1 Scheme of Preliminary Examination (Objective)
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of
Note: Candidates have to qualify the tests by securing minimum cut-off Adequate number of candidates in each category, depending upon requirements, will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
4.1.2 Scheme for Main Examination (Objective)
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Reasoning||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
Penalty for wrong answers:
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
For Probationary Officers Scale I – Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, an adequate number of candidates in each category not exceeding three times of the declared vacancies in each state shall be called for interview, subject to availability. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
5. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies
The vacancies for Officer Scale 1 is as mentioned in the below table.
|Jammu & Kashmir||59|
6. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Preparation Resources
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO) Mock Test Series
- 20 Mocks for IBPS RRB Scale1 Officer Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS RRB Scale1 Officer Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
7. What is the Salary of An IBPS RRB PO Recruit?
The emoluments offered to an officer in IBPS RRB is as follows:
- The IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 pay-scale is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
- The In-hand Salary at present varies from Rs.29,000 – 33,000 at 100% D.A.
- After the selection of the candidate for the post of Officer Scale-I, he/she will need to undergo training for 2 years under the probationary period. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale.
- After completion of the probationary period, the candidates will be promoted to Assistant Manager post.
Note-“Often Salaries differ from bank to bank”
Additionally PO is offered the following benefits:
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance / Leased Accommodation
- Conveyance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme
- Newspaper Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
8. IBPS RRB PO Job Profile & Career Growth (Scale 1 Officer)
The job profile of an IBPS RRB PO Scale 1 Officer includes the following tasks:
- Management of day-to-day banking operations.
- Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating.
- Often needs to take care of single window operations or being a teller.
- Focus on the agricultural schemes and policies for the rural market.
- Preparations of an audit report and NPA recovery also forms a major job task.
Additional tasks as and when assigned are by default expected to be completed by him/her.
The career path of a Scale 1 Officer inducted as PO goes as follows:
Officer Scale I (PO) -> Assistant Manager -> Deputy Manager-> Branch Manager-> Senior Branch Manager->Chief Manager-> Assistant General Manager-> DGM -> General Manager.
For more details on Job Done & Career Prospect, Read the Article Here.
9. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Application Process
Here are some prerequisite steps to apply for the IBPS RRB PO Exam.
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s authorized website www.ibps.in and click on the link provided above to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- Candidates will have to click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Candidates are required to upload their
– Left thumb impression
– A handwritten declaration
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the steps before they fill the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
**No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified, and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
9.1 IBPS RRB PO 2020 Application Fee
Officer (Scale I, II & III)
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates.
– Rs. 850/- for all others
Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD/EXSM candidates.
– Rs. 850/- for all others
10. IBPS RRB PO 2020 Admit Card
Prospective candidates will have to separately download the admit cards for the Prelims Phase, Mains Phase, and the Interview Phase from the official website. The bank although intimates the candidates through an SMS and an e-mail informing about the release of the admit cards.
To download the call letters from the official website, a candidate is required to fill in the following details:
- Registration No/Roll No
- Date of Birth/ Password
11. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will IBPS RRB PO 2020 Notification Release?
Ans: The notification for the exam is expected to be released in the month of Jun/July 2020.
2. I am in the final year of graduation. Can I apply for the IBPS RRB PO exam?
Ans: Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
3. Is the IBPS RRB PO exam tough?
Ans: It is a competitive exam, if it is tough for one candidate, it will be tough for others too. Your level of preparation will make all the difference.
4. Which book is best for the IBPS RRB PO Recruitment Exam?
Ans: The books that you can refer are given below:
- DI & DS Decoded by Oliveboard
- Reasoning Puzzles by Oliveboard
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
That brings us to the end of this article. We hope the details given here of IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2020 proves useful to you. We will keep updating the details here as and when we receive the official notification from the side of IBPS.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test