The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS RRB PO Recruitment notification 2021 for the hiring of probationary officers in the Rural & Regional Banks across the country. This is one of the most sought-after exams by the aspirants preparing for the bank exams after the SBI PO. This article will provide you important details regarding the recruitment process. You will be familiarised with the complete details starting from the eligibility, selection procedure, syllabus for the exam, and more.
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Date | Latest Update
- IBPS RRB PO Important Dates
- 1. IBPS RRB PO Official Notification PDF
- 2. IBPS RRB PO 2021 – Apply Online
- 3. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- 4. IBPS RRB PO Notification 2021 – Selection Procedure
- 5. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Vacancies
- 6. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Preparation Resources
- 7. What is the Salary of An IBPS RRB PO Recruit?
- 8. IBPS RRB PO Job Profile & Career Growth (Scale 1 Officer)
- 9. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Application Process
- 10. IBPS RRB PO 2021 Admit Card
IBPS RRB PO Exam Date | Latest Update
IBPS has released the IBPS RRB PO Prelims admit card today, i.e. 17 July 2021. The exam prelims exam is scheduled to be held from 1st & 7th August 2021. Aspirants appearing for the exam should now start attempting the mock tests as much as they can. Take A Free IBPS RRB PO Mock Test Here & Get Your All India Ranking.
Candidates who want to appear for the IBPS RRB PO Prelims exam can easily download the IBPS RRB PO Prelims admit card from the official website. Candidates should carry the downloaded RRB PO call letter to the examination hall. Any candidate who fails to present it will not appear for the Exam.
IBPS RRB PO Important Dates
On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates
08.06.2021 to 28.06.2021
Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)
08.06.2021 to 28.06.2021
Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training •
Conduct of Pre-Exam Training •
19.07.2021 to 25.07.2021
Download of call letters for online examination— Preliminary
17 July 2021 to 7th August 2021
Online Examination— Preliminary
1st & 7th August 2021
Result of Online exam— Preliminary
Download of Call letter for Online exam— Main / Single
Online Examination— Main / Single
Declaration of Resul—t Main/ Single (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)
Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.
1. IBPS RRB PO Official Notification PDF
Download the detailed notification below:
2. IBPS RRB PO 2021 – Apply Online
The link to apply online is activated now and candidates willing to fill up the form can apply here.
3. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- For Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 40 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1981 and later than 31.05.2000 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale- II (Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 32 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1989 and later than 31.05.2000 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)- Above 18 years – Below 30 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1991 and later than 31.05.2003 (both dates inclusive)
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) – Between 18 years and 28 years i.e. candidates should have not been born earlier than 02.06.1993 and later than 01.06.2003 (both dates inclusive)
For Probationary Officers (Assistant Managers)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent. Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
- Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- Desirable: Working knowledge of computers.
4. IBPS RRB PO Notification 2021 – Selection Procedure
The recruitment procedure for the Probationary Officers (Assistant Managers) posts involves three stages that are Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
For Probationary Officers Scale I, candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for the Main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be coordinated by the Nodal Regional Rural Banks with the help of NABARD and IBPS in consultation with the appropriate authority.
4.1 For Probationary Officers (Assistant Manager)
4.1.1 Scheme of Preliminary Examination (Objective)
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of
Note: Candidates have to qualify the tests by securing minimum cut-off Adequate number of candidates in each category, depending upon requirements, will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
4.1.2 Scheme for Main Examination (Objective)
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Reasoning||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
Penalty for wrong answers:
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
For Probationary Officers Scale I – Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, an adequate number of candidates in each category not exceeding three times of the declared vacancies in each state shall be called for interview, subject to availability. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
5. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Vacancies
The vacancies for Officer Scale 1 is as mentioned in the below table. Earlier, the total PO vacancy was 4562.
6. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Preparation Resources
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO) Mock Test Series
- 20 Mocks for IBPS RRB Scale1 Officer Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS RRB Scale1 Officer Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
7. What is the Salary of An IBPS RRB PO Recruit?
The emoluments offered to an officer in IBPS RRB is as follows:
- The IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 pay-scale is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
- The In-hand Salary at present varies from Rs.29,000 – 33,000 at 100% D.A.
- After the selection of the candidate for the post of Officer Scale-I, he/she will need to undergo training for 2 years under the probationary period. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale.
- After completion of the probationary period, the candidates will be promoted to Assistant Manager post.
Note-“Often Salaries differ from bank to bank”
Additionally PO is offered the following benefits:
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance / Leased Accommodation
- Conveyance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme
- Newspaper Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
8. IBPS RRB PO Job Profile & Career Growth (Scale 1 Officer)
The job profile of an IBPS RRB PO Scale 1 Officer includes the following tasks:
- Management of day-to-day banking operations.
- Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating.
- Often needs to take care of single window operations or being a teller.
- Focus on the agricultural schemes and policies for the rural market.
- Preparations of an audit report and NPA recovery also forms a major job task.
Additional tasks as and when assigned are by default expected to be completed by him/her.
The career path of a Scale 1 Officer inducted as PO goes as follows:
Officer Scale I (PO) -> Assistant Manager -> Deputy Manager-> Branch Manager-> Senior Branch Manager->Chief Manager-> Assistant General Manager-> DGM -> General Manager.
For more details on Job Done & Career Prospect, Read the Article Here.
9. IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 – Application Process
Here are some prerequisite steps to apply for the IBPS RRB PO Exam.
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s authorized website www.ibps.in and click on the link provided above to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- Candidates will have to click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Candidates are required to upload their
– Left thumb impression
– A handwritten declaration
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the steps before they fill the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
**No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified, and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
9.1 IBPS RRB PO 2021 Application Fee
Officer (Scale I, II & III)
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates.
– Rs. 850/- for all others
Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD/EXSM candidates.
– Rs. 850/- for all others
10. IBPS RRB PO 2021 Admit Card
Prospective candidates will have to separately download the admit cards for the Prelims Phase, Mains Phase, and the Interview Phase from the official website. The bank although intimates the candidates through an SMS and an e-mail informing about the release of the admit cards.
To download the call letters from the official website, a candidate is required to fill in the following details:
- Registration No/Roll No
- Date of Birth/ Password
IBPS RRB PO Prelims Admit Card Out | Download Here
That brings us to the end of this article. We hope the details given here of IBPS RRB PO Recruitment 2021 proves useful to you. We will keep updating the details here as and when we receive the official notification from the side of IBPS.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
The notification for the exam is out, and you can start applying from 8 June 2021.
It is a competitive exam, if it is tough for one candidate, it will be tough for others too. Your level of preparation will make all the difference.
Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
The Last date to apply for IBPS RRB is 28 June 2021.
The IBPS RRB PO 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on 1st & 7th August 2021.
A total of 4309 vacancies are announced in 2021.