The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the notification for the recruitment of Assistants in various offices of the RBI across India. A total of 926 vacancies has been announced by the RBI for the specified post region wise. RBI Assistant examination consists of three phases i.e. Preliminary Exam (Objective – Online Test) (Phase 1), Main Exam (Objective – Online Test) (Phase 2), Language Proficiency Test. The candidates who qualify in the preliminary examination will appear for the mains examination and the candidates who qualify mains examination have to undergo RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test. Wondering what is the Language Proficiency Test? why is it conducted? How to Prepare for it? etc. To know the answer to all your questions, Read this blog on RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test. Before moving in detail, let’s have a look at the RBI Assistant Selection Procedure.
RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test – Selection Procedure
The RBI Assistant Recruitment Process has following stages -:
- Phase 1 – Preliminary Exam (Objective – Online Test)
- Phase 2 – Main Exam (Objective – Online Test)
- Final Phase – Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
What is the Language Proficiency Test?
Regional Language Proficiency Test is an integral part of the recruitment process for every post in RBI. It is a test given by qualifiers of mains examination. The language proficiency test is conducted to make sure that candidates should be well versed with the local language failing which they will not be selected as RBI Assistant 2019-20. The LPT is conducted in the Official / Local Language of the concerned state. LPT is just of qualifying nature.
Why is LPT Conducted?
Language proficiency test is conducted to test the local language proficiency of Assistants, whose responsibilities include public interaction.
What is the pattern of LPT?
The pattern for LPT is mentioned below, the bank may conduct both oral and written test:
- Reading Comprehension (5 Questions).
- Questions on basic Grammar.
- Letter Writing and Essay Writing.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- No marks: Qualifying in nature
- Conducted in Official/ Local Language of State.
What are office wise official Language?
The Office wise local language/s is/are as follows:
- Ahemdabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubneshawar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri.
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali
- Mumbai – Marathi
- Nagpur – Marathi/ Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
Want to know more about LPT? Watch the video embedded below to know more in detail
This was all from us in this blog, RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information.
You can Subscribe to Oliveboard’e Edge 2020 platform and get access to the courses present on the platform. Get live lectures and video sessions which are completely accessible anytime and anywhere. Expert Faculties to outplay your doubt and Live Practice Session to help you overcome any obstacle regarding the subject. Join Edge 2020 now and avail great Christmas Offers. Instant 50% Off on all Edge 2020 Plans. Also, you can avail Edge 2020 yearly plans at just INR 250/month. Click on the link below to subscribe.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test