Nikhil Barhate, our RBI Grade B 2022 topper, is an IIM Indore alumni and has a solid 4 years of work experience in reputed private banks. His preparation journey proves that being organised, disciplined and focused can work wonders. He has shared his detailed strategy for all the phases of the RBI Grade B exam. Read his success story to understand better and then curate one for yourself.
Table of Contents
RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate
Educational and Work Background
I have completed my Mechanical Engineer from the College of Engineering Pune and an MBA from IIM Indore.
Post engineering, I worked for three years as an EPC consultant with Black & Veatch.
Post-MBA, I worked for one year as a Wealth Manager with the HDFC Bank and currently I am working as a Manager in the mid-corporate group of ICICI Bank.
My Strategy for Phase 1
General Awareness: I strictly restricted my preparation to
- Monthly GA of around 6 months prior to Phase-I exam,
- PIB news, RBI publications and any financial news related to regulators from around 9 months prior to the Phase-I exam
QRE: I solely depended on taking up mock tests at regular intervals and their thorough analysis afterwards.
My Strategy for Phase 2
I divided my Phase-II preparation into 3 stages:
1. Focus was on covering the syllabus plus preparing the notes
2. Multiple revisions
3. Descriptive practice
Finance: I covered the static portion and simultaneously prepared the notes for last-minute revision.
The dynamic portion (current affairs related to Finance) was covered on daily basis along with the GA preparation and jotted down the facts and figures from various reports/indices/RBI directions/speeches by RBI personnel etc for utilizing them in descriptive practice.
Management: I covered all the topics from the entire syllabus, but my focus was on preparing the notes for the multiple revisions.
ESI: My focus was on covering the dynamic portion (current affairs related to ESI) along with the GA preparation on daily basis. I prepared my notes in which I covered the facts and figures from various reports/indices.
Also prepared notes covering the latest and other important government schemes for last-minute revision as well as to utilize them in descriptive practice.
I covered the ESI static portion at last.
My Strategy for Interview
I divided my interview preparation into 3 stages:
1. Covering the Bio-data form in-depth: I framed multiple questions on every point added in the bio-data form. I took help from friends and panellists from the mock interviews to know the probable questions out of the points added in the form. This majorly included the HR questions.
2. Covering the Basics Again: I covered the technical aspects/concepts, and general awareness questions that were currently in news or were being discussed by say RBI or the government related to finance and economy, RBI website etc. I also framed the opinions on various open topics.
3. Questions on Career Choices: Prepared the questions that were very specific about the career choices like why RBI, which department in RBI etc.
DOWNLOAD THE RBI, NABARD, SEBI Prep App FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
The app provides comprehensive study material in form of online courses to ace these examinations.
The study material ranges from online LIVE classes, video lectures, study notes, revision sessions, past year papers, topic tests, the objective plus descriptive mock tests, mock interviews, and much more.
List of Exams
1) RBI Grade B Generalist Posts
2) SEBI Grade A Generalist Posts
3) NABARD Grade A Generalist Posts
4) NABARD Grade A IT Officer Posts
5) NABARD Grade A Agriculture Officer Posts
6) NABARD Grade B Posts
7) SIDBI Grade A Officer Posts
8) FSSAI Recruitment – For Technical officers, Food Safety Officers, and Assistants
Get free video lessons, mock tests, and GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
How did Oliveboard Help in this Journey?
1. RBI Grade B Courses: I subscribed to one of the RBI Grade B courses by Oliveboard. The course offered detailed notes for the preparation of a Descriptive paper. This course helped me in descriptive answer writing a lot. Also, for English essay writing, I referred to the sample essays provided in the course.
2. Mock Tests: For Phase-I and Phase II, I took Oliveboard’s mock tests. I must say, the quality of mock tests was up to the mark that essentially provided comfort during the actual exam.
3. Mock Interview: The mock interview helped me a lot in terms of improving the answer delivery during the actual interview. Panellists provided valuable feedback in terms of coverage of the extra content that might be asked during the interview.
Some Words of Wisdom for Aspirants
Just stay consistent during the whole journey of preparation because it does check your patience a lot.
Also, try to be agile as much as possible in terms of the strategy that you will carve out for yourselves because there is no perfect strategy to achieve the end goal.
RBI Grade B Complete Course 2023 by Oliveboard
If you are someone who is aiming to crack RBI Grade B Exam and are confused about how to go about the preparation, Oliveboard has come up with RBI Grade B Online Complete Plan to help you ace the RBI Grade B exam for sincere aspirants. Read below what is included in the Course.
Oliveboard offers the best RBI Grade B Online Coaching that can help you prepare comprehensively for the exam. Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Online Complete Plan 2023 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs.
1. Course Details
RBI Grade B Cracker is designed to cover the complete syllabus for the 3 most important subjects: 1. GA for Phase 1, 2. Objective Paper for Phase 2 + 3. Descriptive Papers for Phase 2 exam.
Not just that, it also includes Mock Tests & Live Strategy Sessions for English, Quant & Reasoning for Phase 1. The course aims to complete your preparation in time for the release of the official notification.
RBI Grade B 2023 Cracker Course Offerings:
- Foundation LIVE Classes for ESI & FM
- ESI & FM Videos + Notes + 75+ Topic Tests
- Phase-I CA Capsules (RBI BOLT)
- Phase-II CA Capsules + Desc. Eng Prep
- 40 Objective Mock Tests (Phases 1 & 2)
- 10 Descriptive Mock Tests with Evaluation
- Descriptive Model Q&A
- ESI & FM Revision Sheets
1.2. How to Enroll for the RBI Grade B Online Course 2023?
Sign up or log in using the link given below. You will be redirected to the payments page. Read the course offerings and subscribe to RBI Grade B 2023 Complete Plan.
Now that you are aware of the RBI Grade B Online Classes, why wait?
Get Started with RBI Grade B 2023 Online Complete Plan comprising LIVE Classes, Video Lessons, Detailed Study Notes & All-India Mock Tests for Phase 1 & Phase 2.
Connect with us on
I enjoy creating SEO-friendly, information-rich marketing content. Cooking is therapeutic! I like to cook and eat it too!