South Indian Bank issued a notification on 1st September 2021 for the recruitment of Probationary Officers. The process of application had started on 1st September 2021. The last date to apply was 8th September 2021. The candidates must meet the South Indian Bank Eligibility criteria that the bank lays down. Therefore, it is important to check if candidates meet the criteria before applying to prevent disqualification at any later stage. We’ll discuss all-important South Indian Bank Eligibility and more in this blog.
Table of Contents
SIB PO 2021 Important Details
|Name of Examination||SIB PO|
|Name of the organization||South- Indian Bank|
|Name of post||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Fees||SC/ST – INR 200/-General – INR 800/-This excludes GST and other charges.|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Stages of Examination||Online Examination, group discussion, & personal interview|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere in India (Liable for transfer anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank.)|
|Probation Period||1 year|
|Service Agreement Period||2 years|
SIB PO 2021 Important Dates
|SIB Online Application Starts from||1st September 2021|
|Last Date to Apply for SIB PO||8th September 2021|
|SIB PO Examination Date 2021||To be announced|
|Admit Card Download Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Interview Call Letter||To be announced|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
South Indian Bank Eligibility
To apply for the post of Probationary Officer of the South Indian Bank, the candidates must meet all the eligibility criteria set by the SIB. The eligibility criteria include- nationality, age, educational qualification, and experience. The South Indian Bank Eligibility criteria are discussed in detail below:
The candidates who aspire to hold the post of South Indian Bank Probationary Officer must be citizens of India and hold valid Citizenship proof from the Government of India.
The candidates must meet the South Indian Bank Eligibility criteria for age to apply for the South Indian Bank Probationary Officer recruitment examination. The minimum age limit must not exceed 28 years. Candidates should not be born before 1st August 1992 and not later than 31st July 2003.
Candidates can apply for the South Indian Bank Probationary Officer recruitment examination if they meet the educational requirements mentioned below:
- Candidates must pass with a minimum of 50% marks ( under 10+2+3/4 scheme ) under a regular full-time course from a University or Institute recognised by the Government. Graduates of distance education courses will not be considered.
- Graduates who have gained admission for engineering through lateral entry scheme must have a Class X/SSLC, Class XII/HSC, and 50 per cent minimum marks in their Diploma or Polytechnic and Graduation.
- Candidates should round off the percentage marks to the nearest two decimals in the application form. If the candidates’ scores are in OGPA/CGPA is given, they must convert it to a percentage as shown in the Application form.
- If Grade/CGPA is awarded instead of marks, candidates must secure at least CGPA/Grade equivalent to 50 per cent or more.
The candidates should have at least 2 years of service in the officer cadre in any Scheduled Commercial Bank/ Urban Cooperative Bank/ Small Finance Bank/ Banking Subsidiary.
Preferred area of experience:
- Branch operations
- Liability sales
- Credit retail and MSME underwriting
- MSME Relationship/ sales manager
- Risk Management
- Gold loan Business
- Collection and Recovery
- Credit Mod office functions
Total Number of Attempts for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer
The candidates can apply unlimited times, as long as they meet the age requirements.
If you find yourself eligible for the South-Indian Bank Probationary Officer post, apply for the examination on the official website of the Bank. The last date of application is 8th September 2021. Since the examination date has not been announced yet, you still have time to prepare for it. You must also be acquainted with the curriculum of the examination and how to tackle it. The South Indian Bank is not hiring freshers; instead, they are looking for experienced candidates already employed in the banking sector. One of the required eligibility criteria mentioned is that the candidate must have two years experience in officer cadre in any Scheduled Commercial Bank/ Urban Cooperative Bank/ Small Finance Bank/ Banking Subsidiary. So it will not be difficult for an experienced person to get through. You should brush up on your knowledge of the banking sector and pay attention to the latest developments in the banking sector too.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
A candidate must be graduate with a minimum of 50 per cent marks from a recognized university.
The minimum age limit of the candidate must not exceed 28 years. Candidates should not be born before 1st August 1992 and not later than 31st July 2003.
The candidates can apply unlimited times, as long as they meet the age criteria.
Only Indian Nationals can apply for the post of Probationary Officer of the South-Indian Bank.
- 100 Practice Questions for South Indian Bank PO and Clerk Exam- Computer Aptitude
- 100 Practice Questions for South Indian Bank PO and Clerk Exam- General Awareness
- 100 Practice Questions for South Indian Bank PO and Clerk Exam- Reasoning
- SIB PO & Clerk 2022 Revision Strategy | Prepare with Oliveboard
- South Indian Bank Application Form- Overview, Important Dates
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.