The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India. Aspirants applying for the different posts in SSC CHSL should be aware of the job profile, job growth, salary before applying for the SSC CHSL 2019 examination. SSC CHSL Job Profile And Salary – This blog is intended to help you with the details regarding the job profile, Salary, Career Growth, etc for various posts mentioned above.
SSC CHSL Job Profile And Salary: Pay Scale
Payscale for the various posts Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Data Entry Operator, Grade “A” for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India are as follows:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs.19,900-63,200).
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator, Grade “A”: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
SSC CHSL Job Profile And Salary: Perks & Allowances
Apart from basic pay, LDC, JSA, PA, SA, DEO, are eligible for various perks like:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Hospitalization reimbursement.
- Other Special Allowances.
The Perks provided will vary as per the posting and the post opted.
SSC CHSL Job Profile And Salary: Post-wise Details
SSC CHSL Job Profile & Career Growth Post-wise:
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) Job Profile
- Manual feeding of data in the computer.
- Taking care of the entire clerical work and maintaining workflow in the office.
- Registering of the mails received.
- Indexing, Registering and Maintaining file Registers.
- Maintaining a proper record of the documents received.
- Official Letters, Notices, Notifications and other official documents to be prepared in time.
- Preparation of Salary Slips for the staff.
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) Career Growth
Assistant/ Upper Division Clerk
LOWER DIVISION CLERK
Data Entry Operator (DEO) Job Profile
DEO stands for Data Entry Operator. In government offices, DEOs are in charge of keeping in place all the official records of the staff and of other activities on a regular basis. Basically, as a Data Entry Operator, you will be responsible for the following tasks-
- Updating and maintaining documents, entering and creating important, relevant data in the computer database. The data revolves around company details, information on the clients, products, and sales report.
- Maintaining the record of your employees as well as managing the in-house workers. As a DEO, you will have to do a thorough scanning of pertinent information, data, and figures of the department. You will need to compile all the information in a place and keep a database of the same for future reference.
- Additionally, DEOs need to take on the job of writing letters and performing office chores in the absence of a Lower Division Clerk.
Data Entry Operator (DEO) Career Growth
The growth of your career will depend on a number of factors, such as experience, departmental promotions, performance, category etc. After promotion, candidates may stand a chance to move up the ladder in the following sequence-
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (DEO) GRADE “F” (SYSTEM ANALYST)
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (DEO) GRADE “C”
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (DEO) GRADE “B”
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (DEO)
Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) Job Profile
The work responsibilities of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant are both same and revolve around the Posta Department of Government of India. Below are some of the major responsibilities to be followed as a Postal Assistant.
- Maintaining the data and disposing of the mails in a regular interval.
- Handling and Solving all the customer-related queries.
- Self-monitoring of work is also required.
- Returning the Mail to Sender in case of not being able to locate the address of the Receiver.
- Transmission of mail between Mail Offices and Post Offices within the city to be taken care of.
- Taking care of the Transmission of Foreign articles through the Post office network.
Departments for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistant:
- Circle Office & Regional Office
- Army Postal Service
- Foreign Post Offices
- Post Offices
- Mail Motor Services
- Postal Stores Depots
- Saving Bank Control Organization
- Railway Mail Service
Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) Career Growth
Let us have a look at the hierarchy and promotion flow for PA/ SA:
CHIEF SUPERVISOR – HIGHER SELECTION GRADE III (HSG)
SENIOR SUPERVISOR – HIGHER SELECTION GRADE II (HSG)
SUPERVISOR LOW SELECTION GRADE (LSG)
POSTAL ASSISTANT (PA)/ SORTING ASSISTANT (SA)
This was all from us in this blog for SSC CHSL Job Profile and Salary. I hope this blog helped you and cleared all your questions regarding the job profile and salary of SSC CHSL posts. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more such updates.
We have brought you one of the best courses for SSC CGL exam preparation, SSC CGL Brahmastra – An Online Preparation Course. The SSC CGL Brahmastra Course for 2019-20 is one of the most comprehensive online coaching for the CGL Exam preparation. The SSC CGL Online course will be beneficial to all, especially to those who do not have access to the coaching classes.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test