SSC CHSL Shift Timings: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is going to conduct the SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 exam from 24th May 2022 to 10th June 2022. It is important for candidates who are appearing for the exam to know about the SSC CHSL Shift Timings. In this blog, we have provided reporting time, exam time, exam day instructions and COVID-19 Guidelines for the SSC CHSL exam.
Table of Contents
- SSC CHSL Shift Timings 2021-22
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Overview
- SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions
- Items that you need to carry
- Advisory for Candidates regarding COVID-19
- SSC CHSL Preparation Tips
- SSC CHSL Answer Key
- SSC CHSL Shift Timings FAQs
SSC CHSL Shift Timings 2021-22
The SSC CHSL exam will be conducted in three shifts. Check the SSC CHSL Shift Timings from the table below:
|Shift||Reporting Time||Shift Timing|
|Shift 1||7:30 AM||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Shift 2||10:30 AM||12:00 PM – 1:00 PM|
|Shift 3||1.30 PM||3:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
Candidates are advised to practice all questions asked in the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates must present at the exam centre at least 1 hour before the exam start time.
- CHSL Tier 1 exam will be conducted in 3 shifts across 14 days.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Overview
The CHSL exam has 3 Tiers and all three tiers are qualifying in nature. Candidates scoring the above cut off in prelims exam will get shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
The exam pattern of the different tiers of SSC CHSL is discussed here in detail.
|Tier I||Computer-based Multiple Choice Questions|
|Tier II||Descriptive – English/Hindi|
|Tier III||Skill Test/Computer Typing Test|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Essay Writing & Letter and Application Writing||100|
Note: For Essay writing the number of words should be between 200-250 and for application writing, it should be between 150-200 words
The qualifying criteria for this round is 33 marks.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern – Typing Test
|Posts||Speed||Test requirement||How Speed is Determined||Duration|
|Data Entry Operator||8000 key depressions per hour||2000- 2200 key depression||On the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage||15 minutes (20 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates)|
|Data Entry Operator Grade A||15000 key depressions per hour||3700- 4000 key depression||On the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage||15 minutes (20 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates)|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant LDCs||10500 key depressions per hour (if English is chosen) or 35 WPM |
9000 key depressions per hour (if English is chosen) or 30 WPM
|Accuracy of words within given time with the required speed||Accuracy of typing on the computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes||10 minutes (15 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates)|
- Tier 1 Paper is MCQ type, and it is conducted in Online mode.
- The time duration of the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam is 60 minutes.
- In Tier 1 exam, candidates will be asked questions from 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude/Mathematics, English Language, General Awareness, and General Intelligence.
- Candidates must note that scoring above the SSC CHSL Cut Off is a mandate to get selected for the next round.
SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions
In order to have a hassle-free paper, follow these important instructions specified by the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC is very particular about discipline inside the exam hall. Make sure to follow the SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions (New) on the day of the exam.
- First, go through the SSC CHSL Exam Centers’ details and location to know about the exam centre locations and website information one day before the exam.
- The candidates are advised to reach the centre as per the time slot indicated against Reporting/ Entry time on the admit card.
- Candidates should note that no candidate will be allowed entry after the entry closing time in any circumstance or due to any reason. Gates will be closed strictly at entry closing time.
- Don’t carry any Electronic Gadgets inside the premise.
- The SSC CHSL Tier 1 paper is a Computer Based exam, don’t take any piece of paper or book inside.
- Do not carry expensive jewellery inside the exam hall.
- The Complete Guide for SSC CHSL Exam Day Instruction & Dress Code can also be found on your admit card.
Items that you need to carry
Candidates should invariably bring the following at the time of reporting for the examination:
- Admission Certificate
- Two copies of their latest coloured passport size photograph (3 cm x 3.5cm).
- At least one valid photo bearing identity proof in ORIGINAL with clear photograph (Eligible photo identity proofs such as
- 1. Passport,
- 2. Aadhaar Card/Print out of e-Aadhaar,
- 3. Driving License,
- 4. Service ID Card issued to employees by Central Govt./State Govt./ PSUs,
- 5. ID Card issued by University/College/School
- 6. Voter’s ID Card,
- 7. PAN Card,
- 8. Ex-Servicemen Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence,
- 9. Any other Photo Identity Proof issued by Central Govt./ State Govt.).
- If the Photo Identity Card does not contain the complete Date of Birth, then the candidate must carry an additional original document having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate (e.g. Admit Card/ Pass Certificate/ Marks Sheet of 10th Class issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate etc. issued only by Central Govt. / State Govt. / PSUs). In case of a mismatch in the Date of Birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and Photo ID Proof/ the Certificate brought in support of Date of Birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Face mask.
- Hand sanitizer (Small bottle).
- Transparent water bottle.
- Printout of COVID-19 Self Declaration Form provided with the Admission Certificate.
Prohibited items such as watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic
gadgets (mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, head phones, pen/ buttonhole/ spy
cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc) are strictly not allowed in the
examination lab. If any such item is found in the possession of a candidate in the
examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal
proceedings could be initiated against him/her. He/she would also be liable to be
debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission as per extant rules.
- Candidates should avoid wearing items like nose pins, bracelets, earrings, charms, kadas etc. In case, religion/ customs require candidates to wear specific attire, the frisking may take more time and therefore candidates should report at the venue of examination early.
- Candidates are advised not to bring bags and prohibited items into the examination venue. In case they bring any such item, they would have to make their own arrangements for safe custody of such items. The Commission will not be liable to make any arrangement for safe custody of any such item.
- Pen and paper for rough work would be provided in the examination lab.
- All Exam Labs are under Video Surveillance.
Advisory for Candidates regarding COVID-19
Staff Selection Commission will implement social distancing norms during the
conduct of its Computer Based Examinations in adherence to the Govt. of India
guidelines in the present scenario of Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of the
candidates. Appropriate precautionary measures have been taken by the
Commission for fair and transparent conduct of the examination without
compromising on the safety of examiners and examinees. Candidates are required to adhere to the guidelines for social distancing and hygiene in their own interest. Non-adherence of social distancing norms and the following guidelines may lead to strict action against the erring candidate. The candidates are required to note and follow the following instructions:
- In light of Covid-19 pandemic, the candidates are advised to reach the venue
of examination well before gate closure time so as to avoid last minute
crowding at the entry gate.
- On reaching the examination venue, candidates are advised to follow social
distancing norms and maintain distance of 6 feet between two candidates.
- Mapping of candidate Roll Number and Lab Number will not be displayed
outside the examination venue but will be provided to the candidates
individually at the time of entry after verification of their Admission Certificate
and ID Proof.
- Facility for hand sanitization will be available at entry gate and also inside the
examination venue. All candidates are required to sanitize their hands.
- Contactless candidate verification will be conducted by flashing of admit card
and valid Photo ID proof at Document Verification desk.
- Ball pen and rough sheets will be provided to the candidates. Rough sheets
and a Ball pen will be placed at the candidate seats. Additional Rough sheets,
when demanded, will also be provided to the candidates. Candidates will be
required to drop the rough sheets in the drop box provided in the Lab.
- Candidates with COVID-19 positive declaration or symptoms of fever, cough,
etc. will not be permitted entry into examination venue. Candidates will be
checked with thermo guns at entry point for fever and candidates having
above normal (>99.14° F/ 37.3o C) temperature will not be allowed entry.
- Candidate may also use hand gloves at their discretion.
- Candidates are required to undergo contact less frisking and temperature
checking using thermo gun and they will be directed towards the document
verification desk. The exam functionaries will examine the Admission
Certificate, ID Proofs etc. and candidates will then move towards Registration
- At Registration desk, the photograph of the candidate will be captured,
however, no thumb impression will be taken as a precautionary measure.
Seat numbers will be provided to the candidates at this instance.
- Candidates will then be guided to his allocated seats. To ensure social
distancing norms, candidates may be assigned another seat in case
two candidates are allotted adjacent seats.
- Candidates are advised to sanitize their hands before and after filling the
Commission Copy and Attendance Sheet.
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an
orderly manner – one candidate at a time.
- Rough sheets will be dropped by the candidates in the designated box at the
exit of the examination lab.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips
As per the experts, the Last-minute SSC CHSL Tips can help guide you through important tricks and strategies for preparation when few days left for the exam.
- Devote your time in revising your strong areas and practising your weak spots.
- Take or analyse multiple SSC CHSL Tier 1 Mock Test every day.
- The section of General Awareness/ General Science is the most difficult section comparatively, candidates have to go through the National and International GS section covering all the topics and for Awareness, candidates are suggested to prepare the latest updates of the Last Six months.
- Follow the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and Tricks to solve the questions easily in less time.
SSC CHSL Answer Key
The Staff Selection Commission will release the answer key after one month of the completion of the Tier 1 exam. The answer key will be released in the form of a PDF on the official website.
SSC CHSL Shift Timings FAQs
The SSC CHSL exam will be conducted in three shifts. Check the SSC CHSL Shift Timings below:
Shift 1 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM, Shift 2 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, and Shift 3 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Dates Out – Check Here
- SSC CHSL Application Correction- Check the details!
- How to Clear SSC CHSL Without Coaching – Best Tips For Aspirants
- SSC CHSL Transfer Policy – Know How it Works
- SSC CHSL Promotion Policy – Must Know Details
- SSC CHSL Skill Test 2022 – Check Out Tips to Crack Skill Test
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.