The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is going to conduct the CHSL Tier 1 exam from 12th April 2021 to 27th April 2021 and on 21-22 May 2021 for candidates with exam centers in West Bengal. It is important for candidates who are appearing for the exam to know about the SSC CHSL Shift Timings 2021. Here, we have provided reporting time, exam time, and exam day instructions and COVID-19 Guidelines for SSC CHSL 2021.
SSC CHSL Shift Timings – 2020-21
SSC CHSL 2021 Shift Timings are –
|Shift||Reporting Time||Shift Timing|
|Shift 1||8:30 AM||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Shift 2||12:30 PM||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Shift 3||2.30 PM||3:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam will be conducted in three shifts starting 12th April 2021. The SSC CHSL Shift Timings 201for Tier 1 are mentioned above. Candidates are advised to practice all questions asked in the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates must make sure to be present at the exam center at least 45 minutes before the exam start time.
- CHSL Tier 1 exam will be conducted in 3 shifts across 9 days.
SSC CHSL Exam Overview
The CHSL exam has 3 Tiers and all three tiers are qualifying in nature. Candidates scoring the above cut off in prelims exam will get shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
- Tier 1 Paper is an MCQ type, and it is conducted in Online mode.
- The time duration of the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam is 60 minutes.
- In Tier 1 exam, candidates will be questioned from 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude/Mathematics, English Language, General Awareness, General Intelligence.
- Candidates must note that scoring above the SSC CHSL Cut Off is a mandate to get selected for the next round.
SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions
In order to have a hassle-free paper, follow these important instructions specified by the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC is very particular about discipline inside the exam hall. Make sure to follow the SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions (New) on the day of the exam.
- First, go through the SSC CHSL Exam Centers details and location to know about the exam center locations and website information one day before the exam.
- The candidates are advised to reach centre as per the time slot indicated against Reporting/ Entry time in the admit card.
- Candidates should note that no candidate will be allowed entry after the entry closing time in any circumstance or due to any reason. Gates will be closed strictly at entry closing time.
- Don’t carry any Electronic Gadget inside the premise.
- The SSC CHSL Tier 1 paper is a Computer Based exam, don’t take any piece of paper or book inside.
- Do not carry expensive jewelry inside the exam hall.
- The Complete Guide for SSC CHSL Exam Day Instruction & Dress Code can also be found on your admit card.
Items that you need to carry!
Candidates should invariably bring the following at the time of reporting for the examination:
- Admission Certificate
- Two copies of their latest coloured passport size photograph (3 cm x 3.5cm).
- At least one valid photo bearing identity proof in ORIGINAL with clear photograph (Eligible photo identity proofs such as
- 1. Passport,
- 2. Aadhaar Card/Print out of e-Aadhaar,
- 3. Driving License,
- 4. Service ID Card issued to employees by Central Govt./State Govt./ PSUs,
- 5. ID Card issued by University/College/School
- 6. Voter’s ID Card,
- 7. PAN Card,
- 8. Ex-Servicemen Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence,
- 9. Any other Photo Identity Proof issued by Central Govt./ State Govt.).
- If the Photo Identity Card does not contain the complete Date of Birth, then the candidate must carry an additional original document having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate (e.g. Admit Card/ Pass Certificate/ Marks Sheet of 10th Class issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate etc. issued only by Central Govt. / State Govt. / PSUs). In case of a mismatch in the Date of Birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and Photo ID Proof/ the Certificate brought in support of Date of Birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Face mask.
- Hand sanitizer (Small bottle).
- Transparent water bottle.
- Printout of COVID-19 Self Declaration Form provided with the Admission Certificate.
Prohibited items such as watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic
gadgets (mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, head phones, pen/ buttonhole/ spy
cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc) are strictly not allowed in the
examination lab. If any such item is found in the possession of a candidate in the
examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal
proceedings could be initiated against him/her. He/she would also be liable to be
debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission as per extant rules.
- Candidates should avoid wearing items like nose pins, bracelets, earrings, charms, kadas etc. In case, religion/ customs require candidates to wear specific attire, the frisking may take more time and therefore candidates should report at the venue of examination early.
- Candidates are advised not to bring bags and prohibited items into the examination venue. In case they bring any such item, they would have to make their own arrangements for safe custody of such items. The Commission will not be liable to make any arrangement for safe custody of any such item.
- Pen and paper for rough work would be provided in the examination lab.
- All Exam Labs are under Video Surveillance.
Advisory for Candidates regarding Covid-19
Staff Selection Commission will implement social distancing norms during the
conduct of its Computer Based Examinations in adherence to the Govt. of India
guidelines in the present scenario of Covid-19 to ensure health and safety of the
candidates. Appropriate precautionary measures have been taken by the
Commission for fair and transparent conduct of the examination without
compromising on the safety of examiners and examinees. Candidates are required to adhere to the guidelines for social distancing and hygiene in their own interest. Non-adherence of social distancing norms and the following guidelines may lead to strict action against the erring candidate. The candidates are required to note and follow the following instructions:
- In light of Covid-19 pandemic, the candidates are advised to reach the venue
of examination well before gate closure time so as to avoid last minute
crowding at the entry gate.
- On reaching the examination venue, candidates are advised to follow social
distancing norms and maintain distance of 6 feet between two candidates.
- Mapping of candidate Roll Number and Lab Number will not be displayed
outside the examination venue but will be provided to the candidates
individually at the time of entry after verification of their Admission Certificate
and ID Proof.
- Facility for hand sanitization will be available at entry gate and also inside the
examination venue. All candidates are required to sanitize their hands.
- Contactless candidate verification will be conducted by flashing of admit card
and valid Photo ID proof at Document Verification desk.
- Ball pen and rough sheets will be provided to the candidates. Rough sheets
and a Ball pen will be placed at the candidate seats. Additional Rough sheets,
when demanded, will also be provided to the candidates. Candidates will be
required to drop the rough sheets in the drop box provided in the Lab.
- Candidates with COVID-19 positive declaration or symptoms of fever, cough,
etc. will not be permitted entry into examination venue. Candidates will be
checked with thermo guns at entry point for fever and candidates having
above normal (>99.14° F/ 37.3o C) temperature will not be allowed entry.
- Candidate may also use hand gloves at their discretion.
- Candidates are required to undergo contact less frisking and temperature
checking using thermo gun and they will be directed towards the document
verification desk. The exam functionaries will examine the Admission
Certificate, ID Proofs etc. and candidates will then move towards Registration
- At Registration desk, the photograph of the candidate will be captured,
however, no thumb impression will be taken as a precautionary measure.
Seat numbers will be provided to the candidates at this instance.
- Candidates will then be guided to his allocated seats. To ensure social
distancing norms, candidates may be assigned another seat in case
two candidates are allotted adjacent seats.
- Candidates are advised to sanitize their hands before and after filling the
Commission Copy and Attendance Sheet.
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an
orderly manner – one candidate at a time.
- Rough sheets will be dropped by the candidates in the designated box at the
exit of the examination lab.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
As per the experts, the Last-minute SSC CHSL Tips can help guide you through important tricks and strategies for preparation when few days left for the exam.
- Devote your time in revising your strong areas and practising your weak spots.
- Take or analyse multiple SSC CHSL Tier 1 Mock Test every day.
- The section of General Awareness/ General Science is the most difficult section comparatively, candidates have to go through the National and International GS section covering all the topics and for Awareness, candidates are suggested to prepare the latest updates of the Last Six months.
- Follow the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and Tricks to solve the questions easily in less time.
SSC CHSL Answer Key 2020
The Staff Selection Commission will release the answer key after one month of the completion of the Tier 1 exam. The answer key will be released in the form of a PDF on the official website.
- However, the SSC CHSL 10+2 Answer Key for Tier 1 is expected to be released in the month of June 2021.
- Students can check the complete SSC CHSL Answer Key 2021 on the official website & check the correct answers for all questions asked in Tier 1 a few days after the exam will get conduct.
- Candidates can cross-check the answer key with the Expected Tier 1 CHSL Cut Off to know their chances of making it through the Tier 1 Test.
- SSC CHSL Exam Analysis Section-Wise [12 April -22 May All Shifts] For Tier 1
- SSC CHSL Question Paper | Download Previous Year Question Paper With Solution
- SSC CHSL Shift Timings 2021 | Check Exam Day Instructions
- SSC CHSL 2020-21 : Last Minute Tips To Crack The Exam In One Go
- Top 10 Tips To Master English For SSC CHSL 2020-21
- SSC CHSL 2020-21 Admit Card Out For Tier 1 | Download Here
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now