The SSC CHSL exam for this year will commence on 12 April 2021. With about 6 days to go for the exam, here we bring to you SSC CHSL Last Minute Tips to help you perform better.
The SSC CHSL is SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination is an annual exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit candidates for the following posts:
- Sorting Assistant/Postal Assistant (SA/PA),
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC).
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
SSC CHSL 2020-21 Last Minute Tips
1. Proper time management
Manage the time within sections effectively. Refrain from getting stuck on one question. You will have a total of 60 minutes, so utilize them efficiently.
2. Take care of your order of attempt
Attempt the easy questions (topics you’re comfortable with) first and then move on to some of the difficult ones. This will help you gain confidence and thus, boost your performance.
3. Do NOT study too much in the last few days
It is important to have a fresh mind to perform well in the exam. Do NOT study too much during these last few days. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep before the exam day. This is important in order to keep your mind fresh during exam time.
4. Avoid all last-minute stress
Reach the exam center well before the stipulated time and carry all the relevant documents. This will keep all last-minute panic at bay.
5. Learn Important Tricks & Formulas
Tricks & formulas save a lot of time during exams. These tricks and formulas help you solve complex calculations with ease. If you have already prepared a list of shortcuts it is the perfect time to start practicing.
6. Avoid any unnecessary discussions – Students spend way too much time in the lead-up to an exam on topics before such as cut-offs where no one has any control or any credible info.
7. Carry all the required documents
Do carry all the following documents with you.
- Carry a valid photo ID card
- Admission Certificate / Admit Card
- At least 3 passport size photographs
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC CHSL Last-minute Tips During the exam
1) Stick to the order of sections that you have decided before coming in: If you have been solving mock tests by following a certain order of sections that you attempt, stick to that. Do not change it. Build confidence by attempting the easy ones first. The confidence will create positive momentum for you to do well over the 60 minutes.
2) Keep the difficult and time-consuming questions in each section for the end. Build confidence by attempting the easy ones in each section first. The confidence will create positive momentum for you to do well over the 60 minutes.
3) Do not get stuck on any question:- Give yourself a cut-off of, let’s say 60-75 seconds, and if any question takes more than that, leave it and you can return in case you have time. Remember, every question carries the same weightage within a section, so do not waste time on one question only.
4) Do not take blind guesses: There is negative marking and hence be judicious on questions where you decide to mark an option without knowing the correct answer. You can choose to take educated guesses (or guesses after eliminating 2-3 incorrect options) but we do not recommend blind guesses.
Hope this helps.
All The Best!