The Staff Selection Commission of India administers yearly SSC CPO exams to recruit eligible candidates to the Central Police Organization in various posts. One popular post under the CISF is the position of Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI). In this article, you will be reading all about SSC CISF Job Profile of ASI – the nature of work, pay scale, posting, the opportunity for career growth etc. Knowing the various aspects of SSC CISF job profile will serve you better while focusing on your competitive exam preparation.
SSC CISF Job Profile
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was founded in 1969 with three battalions. The main objective of the force is to provide integrated security to the PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) and other major infrastructure of the country. Currently, CISF is providing security to Power plants, nuclear installations, space establishments, seaports, airport, government buildings and heritage monuments etc. Recently, the force has been entrusted with providing security to VIPs, Metro Rail Corporation, and Disaster management teams.
Assistant Sub-Inspector is the backbone of CISF since they act as the mediator between the control room and the on-field team. You will be assigned a field job as well as clerical duties. Their primary roles and responsibilities include the following-
- Airport security- Perhaps the most important and common responsibility of an ASI is to provide the last mile security to the airports.
- Industrial security- Responsible for providing security to public sector industrial locations
- Search operation and seizure- Under the supervision of the Sub Inspector, he can search and seize any potential suspect for preventive custody. Additionally, he can seize any illegal property from people carrying them.
- Clerical work- As an ASI, you will be responsible for maintaining files of various administrative affairs and other operations
As you can see, the job profile of an ASI in the CISF is diverse. You will need to ensure that you have all it takes to perform the tasks sincerely.
SSC CISF Job Profile – Salary Structure
The position of CISF ASI is a Level-5 Group-C (Non-gazetted) post with a pay scale of Rs 29200- Rs 92300. The grade pay stands at Rs 2800. Here is a look at the salary breakdown of CISF ASI after completion of the training period-
Basic pay= Rs 29200
House Rent Allowance= 24% (X cities); 16% (Y cities); 8% (Z cities)
Dearness Allowance= 6%
Travel Allowance on other allowances= 3800 (X cities); 3500 (Y cities); 3300 (Z cities)
Total salary= 29200 + 1752 + 7004 + 3800= 41756 (X cities)
= 29200 + 1752 + 4672 + 3500= 39124 (Y cities)
= 29200 + 1752 + 2336 + 3300= 36558 (Z cities)
In-hand salary= 37956 – 2920= 35036 (X cities)
= 39124 – 2920= 36204 (Y cities)
= 36558 – 2920= 33638 (Z cities)
SSC CISF Job Profile – Career Growth and Promotion
Everyone aspires to climb up the hierarchy eventually, and so, you would want to know the prospects of career growth in the Central Industrial Security Force.
In order to rise up to the position of Inspector, you will have to serve as an Assistant Sub-Inspector in the CISF for at least five years, at a stretch. Even then, the chances of promotion are very less. Promotions take place based on Zonal security, and it takes around 7-8 years to be eligible for the Inspector post. Usually, departmental exams are organized to promote candidates. However, sometimes the decision is made based on your performance and extraordinary record of accomplishment in the department.
Out-of-turn promotions are offered to those, who show immense courage on the field. If you have an impressive record of terrorist encounters, catching and killing Naxalites, busting criminal activities, preventing the smuggling of drugs etc, then your senior officials in the department may reward you with a better position, such as that of an Inspector.
The job of an Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF is of great pride and valour. Not only will you be serving the country and its citizens but also will ensure financial security for yourself and your family. Therefore, gear up for the SSC CPO entrance exam.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now