Read the success story of Sachin, who motivated himself through his failures. He gave around 9 banking exams before clearing IBPS PO. He says, “Failures are the stepping stones of success” The more you practice, the more you will be confident.
Here is the inspiring success story of Sachin
Hi, my name is SACHIN. I am from Mysuru, Karnataka. I am a mechanical engineer, graduated from ATME College, Mysuru. Since I had low scores in my engineering I knew I won’t be able to get a better job in the engineering field. That’s when I made up my mind to prepare for competitive exams. Then my friend told me about IBPS and which recruits within a year. I started my preparation in June 2019. Cleared my basics and started giving exams one by one!
Here is the list of exams I attempted in 2019!
- SBI PO (failed in prelims)
- RRB PO (failed in prelims)
- RRB clerk (failed in prelims)
- IBPS PO (cleared mains, missed the final cut-off by 1.25 marks) IBPS clerk (failed in mains by 2.5 marks)
- LIC assistant (failed in mains by 2 marks)
After all failures in 2019, I knew I am very close to success. With full determination, I utilized lockdown effectively. And also was not sure that exams will be conducted or not due to COVID.
Exams attempted in 2020: There was no vacancy in IBPS RRB for KARNATAKA
- SBI PO (failed)
- SBI clerk (failed)
- IBPS clerk (failed in mains)
- IBPS PO (selected in CANARA BANK)
Finally, I got selected as PO in CANARA BANK. I am happy with my efforts!
Subject-wise strategy of Sachin
At first, I wanted to know the pattern and the complete syllabus of the Bank exams, so I took a glance at all previous year papers and I got the outline of the exam. After that, I watched many YouTube videos and learned that SPEED and ACCURACY are the keys to crack these exams. I worked on it!
I started with the basics. Cleared all concepts first in detail. In prelims, we needed to solve 35 questions in 20 mins, so I practiced more to improve my speed, after months I developed that. For mains, DI is only being asked nowadays, so it needs good practice. Various YouTube channels helped me with this.
In the beginning, I found this section very difficult to understand, and when the days passed it became easy for me. I used to solve around 50 puzzles daily. And again I referred to Oliveboard’s YouTube channel for this, especially for critical reasoning.
From school days I was good at English so this section was a cakewalk for me. And also I used to study newspapers daily which improved my reading skills and also covered a bit of the current affairs section.
Current and banking awareness
This section is the game-changer for many aspirants including me. I referred to two sources, one is Oliveboard’s monthly capsule. I used to study current affairs daily for about 4 to 5 hours. For banking awareness, I referred to Oliveboard’s banking awareness video. 7 videos each of just 15 mins. are more than enough.
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- BOLT – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | For Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams
- Static GK BOLT For Government Exams – Free General Knowledge PDF Notes
Role of Oliveboard in Sachin’s Success
I purchased Oliveboard’s mock tests which give the exact scenario of the exam and take away the exam fear out of you.
Also, thanks to all Oliveboard’s faculties who helped to achieve this.
Sachin’s Tips to Aspirants
“Failures are the stepping stones of success” The more you practice the more you will be confident. Prepare wisely by knowing the correct exam pattern. ALL THE BEST and Thank you ❤️
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Date
- Success Story Of Nilesh Srivastava | Cleared IBPS PO 2020
- Success Story of Akshay S Kumar | Cleared IBPS PO 2020
- Success Story of Sutapa Roy | Cleared IBPS and RRB PO 2020
- Success Story of Satvik Ranaday | Cleared JK Panchayat, PO & IBPS PO
- Success Story of Kirtan Buhecha | Cleared IBPS PO 2020