Oliveboard is back with the daily dose of Top 5 Daily News- 30 Sep 2019 covering the major highlights of the day. With the various exams approaching, it is essential to stay up to date with daily news of the world. Prepare for exams like SBI PO, RBI Grade B, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, etc with Oliveboard. For more advanced exam practice, live sessions, and live practice sessions, join Oliveboard Edge.
Top 5 Daily News- 30 Sep 2019
Greta Thunberg Awarded Right Livelihood Award
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish teenage Climate Activist.
Right Livelihood Award is also called Swedish alternative Nobel Prize. Thunberg won the award for inspiring political steps that are required for urgent Climate salvage action.
She shares the award with Brazillian indigenous leader Davi Kopenawa.
Cochin Int’l Airport gets Award for Passenger Satisfaction
Cochin Int’l airport is given the award for the airport with the best passenger satisfaction.
The survey is conducted by Airport Council International. ACI awards the Annual Airport Service Quality.
ACI customer experience Global Summit held in Bali, Indonesia.
CEO of ACI- Bongani Maseko
Vice President of India confers National Tourism Awards
National Tourism Award conferred on the day of World Tourism Day- 27 Sep 2019.
The theme for this year was- ‘Tourism and Jobs: A better Future for All’
Awards given to States
- Andhra Pradesh- Best State Award for overall growth in the Tourism category.
- Goa and Madhya Pradesh- Joint winners in the Adventure Tourism category.
- Uttarakhand- Best Film promotion friendly state.
- Telangana- Best state in use of IT Category.
Vice President of India- Mr. Venkaiah Naidu
KAZIND-2019 to commence in India
KAZIND- 2019 is a joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan. This is the 4th edition of the military exercise that tends to start from 02 Oct 2019 to 5 Oct 2019.
This exercise will be conducted in the Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand state. It is alternatively conducted in India and Kazakhstan.
Capital of Kazakhstan- Nur-Sultan
Currency of Kazakhstan- Tenge
Nepal releases coins to mark Guru Nanak Dev’s 550th birth anniversary.
The coins are released by The Nepal Rastra bank.
In a special ceremony, the coins of 2500, 1000 and 100 Nepali rupees are launched in Kathmandu.
A book titled ‘Sikh heritage of Nepal’ was also released on the occasion.
Nepal Rastra Bank Governor- Dr. Chiranjibi
Indian Ambassador to Nepal- Mr. Manjeev Singh Puri.
For more detailed analysis, refer to the video lesson by Aditya Sir
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here