‘General Awareness’ is one of the scoring sections asked in competitive exams because the questions are direct and factual. Majority of questions in this section are based on Current Affairs, making it crucial to update it regularly. To help you do that Oliveboard provides daily, weekly as well as monthly current affairs updates to keep your prep on track. But we know that practising is as important as preparing it, hence, we have come up with Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Series where you get to brush up the weekly news by practising a few questions around it. Here’s the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 7 to Dec 13 for the past two weeks:
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 7 to Dec 13
Q1. How many gold medals, India has won in 13th South Asian Games held in Kathmandu, Nepal?
Knowledge Punch: Black Buck is the mascot of 13th South Asian Games.
Q2. Who appointed as the senior security advisor in the Union Home Ministry?
a) Sanjeev Kumar
b) A K Jain
c) P. K. Sinha
d) Pradeep Tomar
e) K Vijay Kumar
Knowledge Punch: Former advisor to the Governor of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Q3. Which is the best police station as per the list of best-performing Police stations from across the country recently issued by Government of India?
b) Ajk Burhanpur
e) None of these
Knowledge Punch: The ranking process commenced with shortlisting of the best performing Police Stations, in each State based on addressing:
- Property offence
- Crime against women
- Crime against weaker sections
Q4. 15th Finance commission submits its 1st report for the FY 2020-21. In these of the following, who is not the part of 15th Finance commission?
a) Anoop Singh
b) Ashok Lahiri
c) Ajay Narayan Jha
d) Arvind Mehta
e) Shaktikanta Das
- The 15th Finance Commission headed by economist & former Indian Administrative Service officer (IAS) Shri NK Singh
- Submitted its report for the financial year (FY) 2020-21to President Ram Nath Kovind.
Q5. 20th edition of GeoSmart India Conference 2019 held at which place?
a) Hyderabad, Telangana
b) Kolkata, West Bengal
c) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
d) Mumbai, Maharashtra
e) New Delhi, Delhi
Knowledge Punch: The theme of the 2019 conference was “Ignite – Innovate – Integrate”.
Q6. RBI said in the notification that Neft will be available 24×7 from ________?
a) 1st December
b) 16th December
c) 31st December
d) 1st January
e) None of these
Q7. Recently Omkareshwar temple was in news, it is situated in which state?
d) Madhya Pradesh
- MP govt approves Rs 156-crore development plan for Omkareshwar.
- The government had earlier sanctioned 300 crore rupees for development of Mahakaleshwar, also a Jyotirlinga shrine located in Ujjain.
Q8. Which award is also known as an Alternative Nobel Prize?
a) The Academy Awards
b) The Palme d’Or
c) The Pulitzer Prize
d) Ramon Magsaysay Award
e) Right Livelihood Award
- An international award to “honour and support those offering practical and exemplary answers to the most urgent challenges facing us today
- Fields: environmental protection, human rights, sustainable development, health, education, and peace.
Q9. The Reserve Bank of India recently imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh on which Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions issued on KYC and anti-money laundering?
a) Syndicate Bank
b) Andhra Bank
c) Corporation Bank
d) Indian Bank
e) Lakshmi villas Bank
Knowledge Punch: The penalty has been imposed under the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Q10. As per the fifth bi-monthly monetary policy meeting of RBI, what is the projected Growth rate of India for the current financial year?
a) 5 %
b) 5.1 %
c) 5.5 %
d) 6 %
e) 6.9 %
- RBI lowered its real GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 from 6.1% to 5 %
- Repo Rate: 5.15%
Q11. World Anti-Doping Agency bans Russia from all major sporting events, where is the headquarter of WADA?
a) Paris, France
b) Vienna, Austria
c) Geneva, Switzerland
d) Zurich, Switzerland
e) Montreal, Canada
Knowledge Punch: The Russian national flag and anthem will not be allowed at events such as the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics and football’s 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Q12. Girish Chandra Chaturvedi appointed as the new chairman of ________.
a) National Stock Exchange
b) Bombay Stock Exchange
c) National Highway Authority of India
d) Indian Bank Association
e) Exim Bank
- The chairman position has been lying vacant after the resignation of Ashok Chawla as the chairman of NSE in January 2019
- Founded in:1992
- Location: Mumbai, India
Q13. Which company started Vriddhi Supplier Development Program”, an initiative to help MSMEs in India to enhance their capability and supply chain?
d) Ali Baba
e) India Mart
- Under the initiative, Flipkart aims to train around 50,000 micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in the next five years, across 25 institutes.
Q14. What Nation tops the list of human development index 2019?
- India inched up one spot to rank 129th out of 189 countries on the 2019 Human Development Index (HDI) released by the United Nations Development Programme
Q.15. Who has been appointed as President of the governing board of News Broadcasters Federation (NBF)?
a) Barkha Dutt
b) Ravish Kumar
c) Shekhar Gupta
d) Arnab Goswami
e) Sudhir Chaudhary
- The body of 78 news channels in 14 languages, representing broadcasters from 25 states.
That’s all from us in the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 7 to Dec 13. Watch the GA Genius Video by Aditya Sir provided below to know about these current events in detail.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our Telegram page for discussion and study materials
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here