Get All the Important Current Affairs of 10th Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 10th Dec 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 10th Dec 2021
Indian Army is organising a multi-nation Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief
Exercise with a special focus on relief in the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The exercise has been called PANEX 21 and will involve Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, and India—BIMSTEC countries.
- The aim of the exercise is to foster joint planning and build regional cooperation for responding to natural disasters.
- PANEX 21 is planned to be conducted at Pune from Dec 20-22.
Fitch Ratings slashed India’s economic growth forecast in the financial year 2021-22
(FY22) to 8.4 percent compared to October 2021 rating projections of 8.7 percent
▪ Raised the growth projection to 10.3 percent for FY23 compared to October 2021 rating
projections of 10 percent (FY23).
▪ Indian economy had contracted by 7.3 percent in FY21 due to COVID-19
India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
▪ Word Bank-3%
▪ Brickwork Ratings: 10-10.5%
▪ Goldman Sachs: 9.1%
DBS has revised India’s FY23 growth forecast upwards to 7 per cent year-on-year (y-o-y)
(CY2022 6.5 per cent) from 6 per cent earlier.
- The MNC bank maintained India’s full-year FY22 forecast at 9.5 per cent y-o-y.DBS Bank India has introduced a paperless proposition for the financing of domestic invoices by buyers and sellers.
- The bank now digitally validates the e-Way Bill (i.e. proof of movement of goods) for the purpose of establishing the genuineness of underlying trade transactions.
Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
(OECD) decreased India’s growth forecast for FY-22 to 9.4% for FY22 from 9.7% estimated
in September 2021.
- It has projected the Indian economy to grow at 8.1% in FY23, and moderate to 5% in FY24.
- OECD lowered global growth forecast for 2021 to 5.6% from 5.7% earlier.
- OECD Secretary-General Mathias Cormann
State Bank of India will sign an MoU with Kendriya Sainik Board to support and educate
the children of war veterans, ex-servicemen, and war widows.
India’s largest bank said it will provide a grant of ₹1,000 per month to 8,333 war veterans’.
The bank has contributed ₹10 crores to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on December 7.
▪ Founded: 1 July 1955
▪ Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
▪ SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman, and Ashwini Kumar
City Union Bank , in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India
(NPCI) and its manufacturing partner Seshaasai, has announced the launch of RuPay Onthe-Go contactless wearable keychain for its debit card customers.
- This contactless wearable keychain will be part of their daily lifestyle and enable customers to tap and make cashless payments securely.
- Payments up to ₹5,000 at all Rupay-enabled PoS without entering a PIN.
▪ City Union Bank Founded: 1904
▪ Headquarters: Kumbakonam
▪ CEO: N. Kamakodi
Lowy Institute Asia Power Index 2021, India Ranked 4th most powerful country in
Asia for comprehensive power out of 26 countries, with an overall score of 37.7 out of
India’s overall score declined by 2 points compared to 2020. India again falls short of the
major power threshold in 2021. India is one of 18 countries in Asia to trend downward
in its overall score in 2021.
Daily Current Affairs @8AM Live
|Rank||Country||Score out of|
World’s 100 Most Powerful Women 2021 or 18th Edition of Forbes’ list of the World’s 100
Most Powerful Women.
- Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman has ranked 37th. She was ranked 41st on the list in 2020 and 34th in 2019.
- Falguni Nayar, founder and CEO, Nykaa was ranked 88th
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Chairperson of the HCL Technology, was ranked 52nd on the list.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson and founder of Biocon was ranked 72nd.
|1||MacKenzie Scott||United States|
|2||Kamala Harris||United States|
|4||Mary Barra||United States|
|5||Melinda French Gates||United State|
Social Democratic Party of Germany leader, Olaf Scholz has been sworn as the new
Chancellor of Germany, replacing Angela Merkel’s 16-year reign.
Scholz, 63, Germany’s vice-chancellor and finance minister since 2018, brings a wealth
of experience and discipline to an untried coalition of his centre-left Social Democrats,
the environmentalist Greens and the pro-business Free Democrats.
▪ Capital: Berlin
▪ Currency: Euro
▪ President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Former chief election commissioner (CEC) of India, Sunil Arora, has joined the board of
advisers of the International Institute for Democracy & Electoral Assistance (IDEA).
- Sunil Arora was the 23rd chief election commissioner of India. His tenure was from December 2, 2018, to April 12, 2021.
- IDEA is an inter-governmental organization, based in Stockholm.
International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance:
▪ Founded:27 February 1995
▪ Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
▪ Secretary-General: Kevin Casas-Zamora
Shri Sushil Chandra: 24th Chief Election Commissioner of India
Piramal Realty, the real estate arm of the Piramal Group, has roped in actor Farhan
Akhtar as a brand ambassador for its portfolio of residential projects in Mumbai and
In September, the company had appointed cricketer Rahul Dravid as a brand
ambassador for its portfolio of residential projects.
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai
▪ Key people: Ajay Piramal; (Chairman); Swati Piramal; (vice Chairman)
▪ Founded: 1984
Current Affairs 10th Dec 2021 – MCQs
Q. Adama Barrow has won the second term as President of which country?
Answer: Option D
•Gambia Capital: Banjul;
•Gambia Currency: Gambian dalasi.
➢ President of Gambia, Adama Barrow, won the second term as President
during Gambia’s presidential election by achieving over 53% votes from 50 of 53
Q. Name the first of the four Survey Vessels (Large) Project built for the Indian Navy,
which has been launched by GRSE in Hooghly River of Kolkata, West Bengal.
Answer: Option A
▪ It was designed and developed by Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU), Garden Reach
Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
▪ The contract for building four survey ships is priced at Rs 2435 Crores.
▪ Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Limited:
▪ Founded: 1884
▪ Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal
▪ Chairman & Managing Director: Rear Admiral Vipin Kumar Saxena (Retd)
Q. Who has appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer
(CEO) of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) for a period of 3 years.
(a) Ajay Tyagi
(b) Ittira Davis
(c) Saurabh Garg
(d) Arun Mishra
(e) B. Mohapatra
Answer: Option B
▪ Ittira Davis is succeeded by former MD and CEO Nitin Chugh. The bank has also
appointed Rajesh Kumar Jogi, Harish Devarajan, and Umesh Bellur as additional directors.
▪ About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank:
▪ Founded: 2017
▪ Headquarters: Bengaluru
▪ MD & CEO: Ittira Davis
Q. Kazhuveli wetland has been declared as the 16th Bird Sanctuary of which of the
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: Option A
▪ Kazhuveli wetland situated in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu has been declared as the
16th Bird Sanctuary by Surpiya Sahu, Environment and Forest Secretary, at the Minister
of Environment Forest and Climate Change.
▪ Kazhuveli wetlands is referred to as the 2nd largest Brackish Water Lake in South India,
only after Pulicat lake.
Q. What is the current Cash reserve Ratio (CRR) as per RBI Monetary Policy, 8th
Answer: Option C
▪ RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 4 percent, the reverse repo rate also remains
unchanged at 3.35 percent.
▪ Reverse Repo Rate- 3.35%
▪ Marginal Standing Facility Rate- 4.25%
▪ Bank Rate- 4.25%
▪ CRR- 4.00%
▪ SLR- 18.00%
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 10th Dec 2021.